PDA

View Full Version : soutwest dune season

desert-rider
09-16-2001, 08:53 PM
hey all you dune riders in the southwest our riding season is almost here i am starting to get ancie. cant wait to ride the dunes. no new mods for the season :( . how about the rest of you?

09-17-2001, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting some sand action! Last year our final trip was so windy we could barely ride. I will only probably get to go once or twice, I got a prego at home to take care of! Not complaining though. For some reason I still like tearing up tight trails better than the dunes. The dunes are awesome for partying and runnin WOT, but scaring the sh@t outta myself on the trail is more exciting.

atvtrailrider
09-17-2001, 10:42 PM
yep, was also ready fro the sand so we made a quick trip up to Armagosa Dunes this past weekend and made an evening ride then a Sunday morning ride then outa there before it got hot.

Man the tops of the dunes were sharp! major razr backs......

And now i need some mods for the 400EX to keep up with the stock Raptor. Would a 440 kit do the trick?

09-19-2001, 11:57 PM
Got my bike back together after some powdercoating and chrome plating,went to Pismo for Labor Day and can not wait for Glamis at Thanksgiving. It's going to be a great season.

09-20-2001, 01:21 AM
Only new thing for this year is the works triple rates. Can't wait to try them out. Got the quad back together tonight. Already planning on going over on the 12th. :)

400exRacerX
09-20-2001, 08:35 PM
Dunes are sweet for riding WOT, but im with WJW77 i get more excitement out of ripping tight trails up, it really gets your heart pumping and the blood flowing.