PDA

View Full Version : caster

jiffers
06-24-2005, 04:04 PM
i have searched this topic and this is the best i found

"Setting the Caster

Prior to installing your A-arms thread the Heim joints all the way on the upper arms. Leave the front rod alone and back the rearward rod end out (3) complete revolutions. This is a good starting point. Now install your A-arms. Rest the straight edge aginst the side edge of the upper and lower ball joint threads. (make shure the straight edge is touching the same section of the ball joint threads) If the top of the straight edge leans towards the rear of your quad, you have positive caster. This is what you want. Rest the angle finder on the edge of the straight edge. This will tell you your exact caster setting. You may need to adjust the Heim joints by turning on in or out more than the other to get the appropriate setting. "

now i'm confused is he saying to screw all the heim joints into the arms then on the top arm wind the back joint out 3 turnes?
sorry i'm being a bit thick because this seem to give it a neg caster

jiff

plkmonster2
06-24-2005, 04:21 PM
I thought you would want to have negative?? Doesn't this mean that the wheels poin inward?

jiffers
06-25-2005, 12:31 AM
you want negitive camber but positive caster the camber i have set but i'm trying to sort out the caster

jiff