PDA

View Full Version : yet another jetting question

400exrider26
06-24-2005, 12:29 PM
i was talking to the guys at honda and they say that buying at jet kit would be easier than buying seperate jets?... why? is the needle on the stock carb adjustable?? when i get my pipe(hmf slip on) i will probley have to adjust the pilot and main and the needle... right>? i have never done jetting before and never took my carb apart but i think i can do it and if not i can have my friend who is very good at this stuff help me... i almost know i can take it apart and replace the jets but the actuall getting the jetting right im not sure about, i dont want to be to rich or lean... is it that hard to tell? i know i have to look at the plug color and see if it pops or bogs but is that all i do to tell if its running right? thanks and sorry for the long post!

DH400EX
06-24-2005, 12:33 PM
changing the jets and everythings not hard. the hard part is gettin it right. i didnt buy a jet kit, i jus bought seperate jets. If u kno someone wit the same 4-wheeler and same mods, ask what there jettin is, and go by that.

400exrider26
06-24-2005, 12:37 PM
do i need a new needle or is mine adjustable? this is what hmf told me for the slip on pipe i want-

152 main jet, a 42 pilot, set the clip on the second position from the bottom on the needle and set the fuel screw about 2
1/2 turns out

if i just went out and bought those jets and set the needle like they say there would be no need to get a jet kit right? just buy those jets and if they are a little off then buy the next size down or up right? does this jetting sound right for my quad... i live in NH and i think im around sea level

DH400EX
06-24-2005, 12:43 PM
you wont needa new needle. go by what they tell u and if its not right buy the next size.

400exrider26
06-24-2005, 12:47 PM
so i can just change the postition of the clip on my stock needle do the jetting sound right>?
whats the stock jets at? pilot main ?

DH400EX
06-24-2005, 01:02 PM
jus go wit what hmf tells you. the stock main jet is a 148, and pilot is a 38.

400exrider26
06-26-2005, 07:29 AM
thanks alot... i hope they are in the area of being right! LOL