PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Canada Racers !!!!

Quad18star
06-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Just a quick question .... for those that have been to the Paisley RAT Track .... how is it ??

I'm thinking of going down on August 7th for the ATV Nationals and was wondering if it would be a waste of time to drive 6 - 7 hours .

Is it a nice technical track .... or is it whooped out like Gopher Dunes all the time? I'm just going down to watch , no racing for me . Let me know !!!!

nacs400ex
06-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Paisley RAT track seems like it half decent, although I have never ridden it personally. Just watched friends race. Its kind of a narrow track, with tables, doubles ( poss triples, I forget), whoops, average track. It definetly does't get rutted like Gopher Dunes. Really nice starting gate setup and holeshot.

I would definetly go, just to watch the nationals, its bound to be good. I wonder if Plante is going to it this year.

Quad18star
06-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Has Plante showed up at any of the Nationals this year ??? I was checking results on the CMRC website and I can't find results from him anywhere in Ontario or Quebec . Maybe his leg is still too messed up !?!?!?!

If the weather is promissing , I'll be at the RAT Track . I'd be down at Gopher this weekend , but there are drag races happening in North Bay .... so I'm gunna go watch the real horsepower run the track . :D :devil:

400exBro
06-24-2005, 03:34 PM
RAT track has really changed a lot over the years since i have been racing... i like this track the most... there are some big step ups now, maybe 80 feet?!?! and if you case them you are prefectly fine... they have added a huge long section of just wide open hilly section with some off camber turns thrown in... it is they longest track probably out there... i think around 3 km long, you need a rythem to ride on this track becuase of the double double sections and the whoops.... they track is really hard packed, so it doesn't get whooped out like gohper... it is a lot tighter then gopher dunes, but with this new section it makes up for the tightness... I would highly sugguest coming down if the weather is good...
From what i have heard Plante is up and going and should be racing the nationals this year, i to can't find any results from the past race in Quebec, we will see this weekend at gopher dunes, it should be good racing...
this picture sort of gives you an idea of the jumps there...

400exBro
06-24-2005, 03:37 PM
i really don't have good pics of the whole track... it tends to get a bit dust in the 2nd moto...
Hope to see a lot of ppl out at gopher this weekend...
i will try and get a race coverage of the pros with pics after my exam on monday...

Quad18star
06-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Awesome ... thanks for the info . Like I said , if the weather is nice ... I'll be down there for sure . I would have went to Gopher this weekend , but too many things are planned / going on this weekend up here .

Timo ... I seen your standings in the CMRC ... 5th place ... good job and keep up the good work . Post pics of your quad .. I can't remember what it looks like .

06-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Plante won`t be racing any of the nationals this year because he wants to take the whole season so that his legs heal up well. But next year he`ll be back in #1 shape.:D

400exBro
06-25-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Superman Sam
Plante won`t be racing any of the nationals this year because he wants to take the whole season so that his legs heal up well. But next year he`ll be back in #1 shape.:D

thanks for the update... That is a wise choice by plante...
Could you give use the results from the 1st round of nationals?? Did Pelchat take the win?

Thanks Greg... my 450 is working awsome this year... i will get some pictures up on monday night or tuesday...

Quad18star
06-25-2005, 07:36 PM
I figured Plante would be taking time off ... I was told his break was a bad one . Anyone know what happened??

If it is anything like my break , he might be off more than a year . :ermm:

400exBro
06-27-2005, 03:26 PM
That was some good racing this weekend... The track was right brutal, plus the hot weather, i am pretty sure it was push near 40 degrees C...
Richard Pelchat walk away in both Pro and Pro am 450... and is the leader in the ATV national standing since he won the first round... James banks got 2nd place overall and i am unsure of 3rd place because Greg Gee ended up dnfing in the 2nd moto after he broke a lower ball joint...
I will get some pictures up soon, i don't have many... only around 64, mostly from the 2nd moto...

Next nationals in ontario is at RAT track, i hope it isn't to dusty...

I saw Jasmine Plante this weekend walking around, he was still limping, and looked like he had an I.V. hooked up to him??!!!

06-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
thanks for the update... That is a wise choice by plante...
Could you give use the results from the 1st round of nationals?? Did Pelchat take the win?

Thanks Greg... my 450 is working awsome this year... i will get some pictures up on monday night or tuesday...

Yes Pelchat took the win, that guy is really fast

Quad18star
06-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
That was some good racing this weekend... The track was right brutal, plus the hot weather, i am pretty sure it was push near 40 degrees C...
Richard Pelchat walk away in both Pro and Pro am 450... and is the leader in the ATV national standing since he won the first round... James banks got 2nd place overall and i am unsure of 3rd place because Greg Gee ended up dnfing in the 2nd moto after he broke a lower ball joint...
I will get some pictures up soon, i don't have many... only around 64, mostly from the 2nd moto...

Next nationals in ontario is at RAT track, i hope it isn't to dusty...

I saw Jasmine Plante this weekend walking around, he was still limping, and looked like he had an I.V. hooked up to him??!!!

Lets see those pics ASAP !!!!:p I'm almost 100% positive I'll be at the RAT track in august to watch .... hopefully the weather will cooperate .

Plante had an IV eh?? Hrmmm ... he might be battling some sort of infection in his leg , or he's extremely dehydrated .

400exBro
06-27-2005, 08:09 PM
i have started the coverage look in the racing section, i tired in the other section but it won't let me post there...