PDA

View Full Version : Eastern PA

HondaEXrider22
06-24-2005, 07:34 AM
I ride in eastern PA and i was wondering if anyone ever rode up there?

jak1389
06-24-2005, 09:43 PM
i live close to the gap and do you ride at any tracks? didnt they just build a track called irish something i cant really remember the rest?

06-25-2005, 09:49 AM
irish valley MX, Rausch Creek ( www.rauschcreekracing.com ), Chatsworth,nj-good atv track( www.njorvp.org ) not sure on the irish mx site, but i havent heard good things about the tracks......

Kilabanshee
06-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Yeah I ride rausch and a few abandoned coal mines in the Pocanoes. Both places are awesome to ride!

Mxjunkie
06-25-2005, 10:23 AM
I ride shamokin pa and rausch

HondaEXrider22
06-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Yea anyone ever ride in Eckely? HUGE coal mines and place to ride Dust bowls, silts, horseshoes, jumps, almost pure vertical hills going at least 150ft up. Crazy stuff lol.

Kilabanshee
06-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22
Yea anyone ever ride in Eckely? HUGE coal mines and place to ride Dust bowls, silts, horseshoes, jumps, almost pure vertical hills going at least 150ft up. Crazy stuff lol.

Yup this is were I ride! The big town is freeland but most of the riding is in eckley.

Black b**** in Freeland
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Kilabanshee/freeland/shocks025.jpg

Kaschak doing a climb across from the Eckley miners village. In the area known as the bowl "drag area".
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Kilabanshee/freeland/shocks026.jpg

MIKE400EX
06-25-2005, 07:51 PM
That's a good picture of that hill. The run at the bottom is maybe 20 feet and it's all loose.

HondaEXrider22
06-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Yup i know exactly where your talking about
This is going the other way(im pretty sure) but have you ever been at Suicide?

06-26-2005, 01:41 PM
i wouldnt go to rausch this year, especcially with the drought, they water from 4 in the morning on and the 1st person they let on the track gets it so dusty you cant see.

Kilabanshee
06-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22
Yup i know exactly where your talking about
This is going the other way(im pretty sure) but have you ever been at Suicide?

I probably have. We ride around the whole Freeland/hazelton area. Mike did you climb that hill? You should have seen the climbs Nick was doing on my quad. Saturday about 10 people were watching him and shane jump this one hillclimb on b****. They thought we were nuts. I can't wait to get out and ride there again. I'm also really anxious to ride rausch creek.

MIKE400EX
06-27-2005, 06:10 AM
I don't get enough traction with the Razor's to climb the really loose stuff, all I do is dig holes. You need tires like Nick has to get up that hill. You guys were out for a little while before I got the crew there Saturday, I didn't see Kaschak on your R.
Probably be going back the end of July.

Kilabanshee
06-27-2005, 09:54 AM
Awesome, my arm should be fixed buy then. If not the cast is getting the dremel to it!

swank78
06-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Where do you guys park at and unload to ride at Eckley/ Freeland? I have heard it is good riding there but I have never been. Is it legal to ride or do you have to have an escape route? Give me some info please, Rausch and my local area are the only places I have been riding lately.

Kilabanshee
06-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Get on 940 towards the town of freeland. When you see the sign that says welcome to freeland about 1/8 mile on the left there is a small red colored sign that says eckley miners village. Follow this road up for about 8-10 miles. You will see a truck weigh in area on your left you can park in here. Go across the street to ride. Don't ride around or behind the parking lot. You can also park along the side of the road. I'll be up there later next month. I broke my arm doing a large jump there. The area is legal to ride. I've never even seen a cop in that top. As long as your not going 70mph up and down the roads they wont bother you. If you have any more questions pm me.

swank78
06-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks bro, much appreciated. Let me know when you are heading there next month. Maybe me and a couple of my buddies can meet you there.

Kilabanshee
06-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Sure thing. I need to talk to a few people and I'll set up a date.

loco
07-03-2005, 05:33 PM
I was reading about where you guys like to ride and took your directions and went there today (Sunday) We found it OK, and rode there for 4-5 hours, and we had a good time.

I parked across from the weigh station and when we got back to the truck there was a notice on the winshield that said, they had taken a picture of the license plate and if we parked there again they would have us arested. Where is a better place to park?

It was a fun place and I plan on going again. We met some people who ride there all the time and they were good guys. I just need a different place to park.

Can you help??

Thanks

Kilabanshee
07-03-2005, 07:34 PM
We know the owner of that whole area. My friends dad would give him a call before we came up and he had no problem with ous parking there. Sorry to hear you had problems! I'll be heading up there sometime towards the end of this month. We should all ride together! Look anywere on the side of that road, any spot which is open and that you can drive on just park there. Then you can just ride your quads on the side of the road up to were you rode before.

loco
07-04-2005, 04:31 AM
Really not a problem, just dont want any. Will try parking along side of road in one of those pull off spots next time. We met some guys who ride the whole way out to the MC Donalds on #93. Its quite a distance, but they say they go the whole way, and then to the Turkey Hill store for gas. They do it all through woods and mines.

Well be coming up in a few weeks also, I know there is alot of spots we havent rode yet.

Thanks for the help!!

Kilabanshee
07-04-2005, 09:42 AM
I'll have to show you around the trails in freeland. To get to the macdonalds it's a pretty good ride. Me and my friend rode there almost every day for breakfast. I used to stop at the uni mart in freeland to get gas. Now since I'm running my 13.1 piston I have to run race fuel.

loco
07-04-2005, 03:42 PM
I take it you ride a 450r? My son rides one, also. I ride a 440 EX, doesnt have the high compression though. I have a 88 tecate four with the high compression, I have to run race fuel in that one. Its a pain in the *** getting that fuel but it makes it go. I have been running the VP but it stinks, so Im changing to Cam 2, I never ran it but, Im going to try it.

we will have to hook up the next time we come up. I think there will be 6 of us. Let me no when your going, I think we will try to make it on the 16th?

Im an old guy and I think its pretty good riding up there, my son was trying everything up there. He did that hill with the 20 feet start. I did some pretty good ones. Those bowels are cool too.

Thanks

Kilabanshee
07-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Yeah I coast up that hillclimb in first gear. I can show you some really big climbs! I'll probably be able to meet you there on the 16th. I'll let you know. I'll deff be there towards the end of this month.

loco
07-05-2005, 04:33 AM
Yea, my son made that hill pretty easy too? I'd like to hook up with you, if possible? I'll know in a few days if thats the date we can make it, the 16th I mean.

We ride at Tower City also, but the rocks are getting pretty bad on the trails. People have worn the trails down so much and know body does anything to bring them back. Cost $35.00 to ride there for a day. Lots of land to ride, but with no maintence on the trails and hundreds of riders they are in bad shape. The guys on the 4x 4 quads like them, but for the sport quads they are just a bit much.

We are looking to ride elsewhere, and this place is pretty cool. I would like to try riding in the Centraila area also, but dont know where to go, let alone where to park?

Thanks

loco
07-07-2005, 03:48 AM
Meat

No I have never been to the coal hill, but it looks pretty good. Where do you park in Centrailia to ride in that area? And just where is the coal hill??

Thanks

MR.BIG
07-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Does anyone know how far this place is from milford or honesdale PA. I have been to tower city and the pits are cool but the trails are way to rocky for my tastes. I would love to hook up with you guys and go hill climbing.

sunco
07-12-2005, 04:32 PM
would rausch creek be good 4 2 90's & a 450r?

MR.BIG
07-13-2005, 01:58 PM
????????????

loco
07-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Mr. Big

i dont no how far it is from the places you listed? But Honesdale is in Pocono's??? If so, i would say you are close. Yes, Tower City is getting too rocky,and I dont see any changes in site. Tower City is a good place but the trails have gotten the worst. It cost them alot to rent the ground and with that the money just goes as fast as it comes in. If you are not in the click at TC, you cant say much, or you will be looking for a new place to ride.

LI400EX
08-02-2005, 08:43 PM
i have a plac just east of honesdale and would love to know where these places are. not much riding where i am except for my road, but have to run from the fish comissioner during holidays. Are these places far from honesdale? very interested in new places to ride. let me know thanks, been to paragone and waiting to go to rausch.far from honesdale?

LI400EX
08-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Do you have to pay to ride at tower city?

Kilabanshee
08-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Yes you have to pay. Ride up in the Pocanoes. It's free and I think its alot better then Tower City.