PDA

View Full Version : Main Jet?...Pilot Jet?

fasterblaster09
06-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Does it say on the jets what size they are??...and is it that hard to change the jets?..for your average person?...and after I change my jets,am I done,if not,what to adjust,and where?

sorry for all the questions,just dont wanna screw anything up
thanks ALOT Neil

BTW-for a blaster

rap686
06-23-2005, 11:38 PM
yes its marked on the jet, no its not hard to do, may need to adjust the pilot screw, why do you feel you need to change them?

fasterblaster09
06-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Im changing from race gas (ultimate 2) to pump gas.Is the pilot screw on the carb itself?

cals400ex
06-24-2005, 06:31 PM
the blaster actually has an air screw, not a fuel screw on the stock carb. it will be on the side of the carb, not the bottom. this screw regulates air so it will work the opposite as a fuel screw. for the air screw, turn it in to richen the mixture at idle and turn it out to lean the mixture out at idle. the pilot circuit is mainly used from idle to 1/8 throttle. the mainjet is mainly used from 3/4 to full throttle.

fasterblaster09
06-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Well,actually its not a stock carb,would itb e the same?

rap686
06-25-2005, 09:30 PM
maybe maybe not, you didn't say what carb you had? witch ever you have you will likely need to adjust the mix screw. you can just turn it in or out to find out what it wants. just keep track of how many turns you make so you can go back to where you started from if you need to.this is not that hard to do, adjust mix screw for max RPM at idle then set idle speed, repete until mix screw dosn't add RPM set desired idle speed and enjoy