PDA

View Full Version : Castrol Superclean

greg_gorrell
06-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Anyone heard anything about it? I used to use it on my stuff all the time..it was the best cleaner i came across but i havent seen it at Walmart lately so i asked the one employee and he told me they recalled it and pulled it off the shelves. does anyone know whats going on?

SHANE03EX
06-24-2005, 09:59 AM
I use it all the time but I have never gotten it from Wal-Mart, I get mine from Schuks.

Flynbryan19
06-24-2005, 10:21 AM
I had VERY bad luck with that stuff when I had a Crf450 dirtbike. I just let it sit long enough to wipe everything down with a rag and it etched my aluminum frame!! It really works, but be VERY careful with it around aluminum. I personally will never use it again. I just gave the bottle to my father and went and bought some more simple green. ;) :D

DeerNuts
06-24-2005, 11:50 AM
I used that stuff when I was like 14 and worked at the high school doing custodial chit. It burned little holes in my hands. The stuff is nasty, but good at cleaning all the chit the little kids carve into their desks.:rolleyes:

drifterx
06-24-2005, 12:40 PM
We use it at the car dealer i work at to degrease engines. You have to be careful not to get it on the paint, or colored parts, cause if you let it sit on there long enough, it will fade them. Eats through about anything though, had great luck with it. I think we get it at NAPA though.

greg_gorrell
06-25-2005, 09:40 PM
hell yeah, i couldnt find too much it wouldnt clean...it works too good. but has anyone noticed it dissapearing at stores?

LTZ400rider
06-25-2005, 11:10 PM
i never heard of it, im gonna go look for some next time im out and buy as much as i can