PDA

View Full Version : hotcams stage 2 question

nowukno
06-23-2005, 10:37 PM
I have decided to add a cam and im going to go with the hotcams stage 2 , my only question is ....... I know that the cam will add mostly mid-top but will it add any bottom , i really dont care if it dont i just wanna make sure it dosent take any away from bottom , i will not being going to add a piston or a lower front sprocket , my mods are listed below , please only reply if you have had experience with this cam.

450Racer
06-23-2005, 11:25 PM
your pipe provides excellent low-mid range torque/hp. i owned one and had the exact same mods you did. however, i got a full system big gun and then did a piston/cam. i have the same Stage II Hot Cam. you'll gain a ton on the mid/top but you will not lose any bottom end at all. you will gain a little if any, or coming right off the bottom end around 3,500-4,000. you'll be impressed with what your pipe/cam setup will do for you. so pretty much you have a bottom end pipe with a mid-top cam. you should have some very good results with that.

cals400ex
06-24-2005, 12:39 AM
i run the full hrc kit. from bone stock to the hrc kit (modded air box lid, cam, jetting, etc) i gained low end power. after i added a full pipe i gained much more low end power. i would say you will not lose any low end power by adding this stage 2. the stage 2 is supposed to give more low end power than the hrc and i gained low end with the whole hrc kit.

450R_lover
06-24-2005, 10:46 AM
Ive got the full hmf Bill ballance carbon full system and hotcams stage II and the power comes on everywhere because the pipe is for low/mid and the cam is for mid/top. When the cam was added, i didnt notice any loss in bottom end at all, but the mid to top end were increased noticibly. Have fun with it!
Later