PDA

View Full Version : skid plates

appleman400ex
05-28-2002, 10:26 AM
what is the best skid plates for a good price

Ex'r Marlin
05-28-2002, 11:15 AM
I do not know where hammertown is..... But depending on where and what kind of terrain you ride will help us help you.

If you currently hit your skid plate with big rocks.... I would recommend a steel/stainless steel skid plate, but they are very expensive.

If the rocks are minor, or you go through where there is a lot of stumps/ruts/etc, I would recommend an aluminum skid plate. They too can get expensive. One of the more expensive ones is the PRM... Which I highly recommend for an aluminum skid plate.

Good luck!!

Texan32
05-28-2002, 11:42 AM
If you talking about a frame skid, i would definately go with a PRM. I have had it now for a cvouple of months. Its been through hours of crazy riding and 2 insane XC races. I can't count the # of time i've blasted over bolders and not thought twice. For the punishment i am putting mine through, i feel i have already gotten my money's worth. It bolted on real easy. And you'll notice there are two holes already drilled for changing you oil without making a mess. To my door, i think it was 95 bucks.

05-28-2002, 11:50 AM
The reason i do not run skids, is because they are hard to clean, and i don't need them, but Texan32's skid looks awsome.

Ex'r Marlin
05-28-2002, 01:40 PM
Something about that 400ex picture Texan32 doesn't look right... Looks like you got one of those limited edition 400ex's where everything is just the opposite...... Exhaust on your left, shifter on your right, etc.

I'm surprised with the type of riding you (Texan32) do, that you don't have a swing arm skid plate on there.:eek:

Texan32
05-28-2002, 02:02 PM
Your right. When i got these pictures i had to use MS Paint and reduce them. In the process, i left a few of ther reversed....oops...

I do have a swingarm skid. I am still running the factory one still. It may be a little hard to see, but its there

Ex_Rider43
05-29-2002, 12:04 PM
the proarmor skids looks really good but I didnt compare the price with any other brand.