PDA

View Full Version : I cant make my mind up.

EX400rider
06-23-2005, 10:56 AM
I have the choice to get a HMF pipe w/ free uni air filter and free proper jets for it.

Or i can get WhitesBrothers e-series w/ K&N jet kit and K&N airfilter.

Which will give me more power??

bwamos
06-23-2005, 11:02 AM
They will both be about the same assuming the WB is a slip-on as well.

You wont be able to tell the difference unless you put it on a dyno.

06-23-2005, 11:52 AM
you post alot of threads:eek2: just ride your 400 and be happy :grr: and we already know you cant make up your mind

YFZ450Ridr
06-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by yzfmxer
you post alot of threads:eek2: just ride your 400 and be happy :grr: and we already know you cant make up your mind

maby he has alot of questions, he might be really new to quads and doesnt know to much. who cares how much he posts, he isnt hurting you is he? no, so shut up. oh and if your telling him he posts alot, YOU post 24.62 posts per day, and he posts 1.87 posts per day.

and get the hmf pipe with the uni and free jets;)

tp300ex
06-23-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by yzfmxer
you post alot of threads:eek2: just ride your 400 and be happy :grr: and we already know you cant make up your mind u havent been her long enuff to talk chit belive me i know!
Get the hmf with uni i hav that and i love it so much

TRXRacer1
06-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
u havent been her long enuff to talk chit belive me i know!
LMAO, you've been here less then a year.:rolleyes:

Pass on the glorified glasspack and get the e-series.

z400roosteR
06-23-2005, 01:28 PM
HMF!

khen
06-23-2005, 01:33 PM
The only complaint I've heard with the e-series is that it isn't very durable.. for that reason I would go with the HMF.

YFZ450Ridr
06-23-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by khen
The only complaint I've heard with the e-series is that it isn't very durable.. for that reason I would go with the HMF.

not exactly true, mine is durable as hell and solid as a rock. its ok but i dont like the discs on the back, id rather have a regular end.

06-23-2005, 02:08 PM
i didnt mean to start crap but he posted 13 out of the 35 last threads and most of the questions are ones he has asked b4 :ermm: sorry for startin crap i was just messin

Crazy400EX
06-24-2005, 07:19 AM
GOOD JOB GUYS..................YOU MADE HIM CRY!!!!

Anyway..i had the wb slip on with the k&n and it was alright but i sold it and got the hmf with the k&n.

I say hmf. Looks awesome and sounds great. WB's is loud without disks but its just too much of a hassle with all the disks and trying to get them right. HMF.......simple......sounds great......looks awesome.

enduro400rider
06-24-2005, 12:14 PM
id say go with the HMF i have heard alot of good things about HMF and seen a few pics of busted WB.

wilkin250r
06-24-2005, 03:59 PM
I don't want to come across as a jerk, but that's how it will sound, so here is my jerk advice.

First off, you're kinda new, and asking questions that other people have already asked. It's kind of irritating, but I don't care all that much, go ahead and ask your questions.

But what is REALLY irritating is asking the same question multiple times. You have like three threads asking about your HMF or E-series dilema, a couple about filters, and then a few about pipes AND filters.

We already have enough "which pipe is best" threads, but if you need one more, go ahead and ask your question. But don't ask the SAME question over and over. That just pisses people off.

Now, you want a real answer to your question? I know a thing or two about motors, other people on this site will confirm this. If I give you an answer, it's a pretty sure bet I know what I'm talking about. If I'm not sure about my advice, I'll tell you, but for this situation, I'm sure.

So here it is, some advice from a top-notch wrencher: It doesn't matter nearly as much as you think it does. K&N or UNI, you won't really notice a difference in one or the other. E-series or HMF, same thing, you probably won't notice a difference. Me personally, I like the sound of the E-series, they have kind of a deep roar. But performance-wise, it really doesn't matter either way. I could build a fast motor with either pipe.

You know why you're getting conflicting reports from people? Why do some people say HMF, and some people say E-series? It confirms exactly what I just said. You don't get a real answer, a real "winner" because there ISN'T a real winner. Both are good pipes, you'll be fine with either one, and you won't be faster with one pipe over another.

EX400rider
06-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Well im just tryin to get some answers here. Thats all im doin and if ur tired of my post then just ignore them. Its not that hard to do. Either reply to what i said or leave it alone i cant help that i dont no as much as yall. Ill put a post out and like 1 or 2 ppl will reply and then ill ask a question about it and it takes em forever to reply so i just put another one out so ppl will reply.

OK sry but lighten up, dang

Crazy400EX
06-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Get the cheaper one! You'll think you got the wrong one when you get it but you really dont. He is EXACTLY right they're both the same thing. If you think about it the only thing different about pipes is the head pipe. Thats because some are wider in diameter. I like the looks of the hmf better so i got that. The wb pipe was cool when i cut it down and was really loud

by the way he was right. dont post sooooooo many post. search it and ask specific questions like for example. "does anyone have a dyno test table of the hp increase of the wb and the hmf?"

wilkin250r
06-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Lighten up? Two or three threads would fall into the realm of "lighten up". You've got like SIXTEEN THREADS!

We're willing to help you out. It's okay to be new, and looking for information. Like I said, if you have a question, go ahead and post it. But for crying out loud, don't post it five times!

Posting the same questions over and over isn't going to inspire people to answer your questions. It's going to piss people off and incite flames, like this one.

rmw7949
06-24-2005, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EX400rider
[B] Ill put a post out and like 1 or 2 ppl will reply and then ill ask a question about it and it takes em forever to reply so i just put another one out so ppl will reply.

Little hint, If u just update an old post it will move it to the top of the board. Adding more post's only consume's more time of the people who r tryin 2 help you. Think about it, they are takin time out of their day 2 help u. Be alittle more courtious

2004exrider
06-24-2005, 07:58 PM
love my hmf, great sound! W.B. & HMF seem to be the most common pipes used on hear and in my opiinion id say most people will say hmf.
Either way youll be happy with your decision.

JRP
06-24-2005, 08:10 PM
HMF!