PDA

View Full Version : Tie Rod hitting A-Arms

05-28-2002, 08:25 AM
I've got a set of +2 +1 Laeger A-arms with Piggy Back Stadium Series Works. Problem is the tie rods when I cut the bars all the way are hitting the top of the bottom arm. Its where the bottom of the ball joint on the tie rod mounts to the spindle. It will even get hung sometimes. Everything is straight. I have not seen anybody elses do this!!!! Possible shock ride heighth??? UGHHHHH

monkeynuts
05-28-2002, 12:53 PM
i have the same damn problem with my setup, but it is a 250r (almost same geometry as 400) with +3 +1 houser long travel arms and 19" elka shocks. when the shocks are at full extension, like when the font end is in the air, the bolts from the tie rodsthat go into the steering knuckle are hitting the arms, which does not allow me to turn completly, and really irritates me since i spent so much damn money on this setup. as far as i know, or at least in my case, i just have to deal with it.

any ideas anybody???

chris29
05-28-2002, 10:09 PM
You put your tierods on wrong. I did that and my tierods hit my a-arms. You have to put the balljoint that bolts to the spindle throuth the bottom and the ball joint that bolts to the steering stem through the top. You probalby have them both through the top so just take the one on the spindle and bolt it through the bottom.

05-29-2002, 07:32 AM
I've done the same thing once before, but in this case its not so. I do have them on the correct way. 250 R's both go on the top, 400's spindle sides on bottom. I wish it was that simple!!!!