PDA

View Full Version : Axis and Ars-fx...need help dialing them in..

h-bomb450R
06-23-2005, 12:44 AM
hey guys...i dont get on here much, but it looks like alot of u know what you're talking about, so i was going to see if ANYONE could help me out with dialing in my new suspension. Ive never had any sort of aftermarket suspension...and everyone that races me has elkas and tcs...so i cant get any help from them about Axis. Ive noticed that having your suspension dialed in good makes a WORLD of difference...and i just want to be able to get the most out of my new stuff...CAN ANYONE HELP ME or give me ANY sort of info??? i would really appreciate it guys...

oh yeah..lol...i race XC. A class. im sure thats important info.

thank you

Austin

450r51
06-23-2005, 08:57 AM
how much do u weigh i have a buddy that has the same setup on a z400, he has the dial on the remote rezzie set to 5 he also weighs around 160lbs.

CdaleXtreme
06-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Did you ride it yet? You have to ride it to see what it is doing.

You only need to adjust your shocks if they arent working properly.

You can start off by setting your ride height.

with you sitting on the quad start by measuring, from the bottom of your frame right underneath the footpeg.

Rear: 7 1/2 inches from the ground.

Front: 7 3/4 inches from the ground.

Measure the front from the bottom of you frame, right underneath your the more forward of the two, of your front motor mount bolts.

This should get you where you need as far as that goes.

Now go ride the crap out of it and try to feel what your quad is doing.

Post back to let us know.

h-bomb450R
06-23-2005, 11:46 AM
alrite thanks for tha help...im gonna go test it out and see what i think needs to be adjusted..

thanks again.

Austin