PDA

View Full Version : how often

EX400rider
06-22-2005, 08:33 PM
How often do u have to clean K&N if ur not in much dust at all.

I have completly stock except for K&N and jet kit. If i put on back stock filter will it hurt it?

nosliw
06-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by EX400rider
How often do u have to clean K&N if ur not in much dust at all.

I have completly stock except for K&N and jet kit. If i put on back stock filter will it hurt it?

depends on a lot of stuff, but you should be able to tell if it needs a cleaning by looking at it. about once every month for me (i know i should do it sooner but whatever, clean air intake still)

if you have it jetted for just the k&n filter then you will be running slightly rich if you put the stock foam filter back on. it certainly won't 'hurt' anything other than performance, fuel economy, and nasty buildup.

key4202003
06-22-2005, 08:48 PM
well as you may have read fine dust takes out the oil so yeah.... best way to tell, is if its more red that grey its ok, um i have found out that if i think it needs oil, i spray it INTERNALLY on the filer and saturate the filter but not driping. also let it "dry" before install cause there could be excess oil and get sucked up and gum the b@stard up, as for stock filter, you will be ok, but if your mituclus you will find a lack of "snap" or throttle response. ALSO GET A PREFILTER IT DOES NOT REDUCE HP AND MAKES THE OIL LAST A LITTLE LONGER:scary:

EX400rider
06-22-2005, 09:12 PM
With the jets on will it make it run like it was all stock or run worse

nosliw
06-22-2005, 09:20 PM
worst. but then again they come a little lean from the factory so it might be ok. what jets did you put in?

EX400rider
06-22-2005, 10:06 PM
K&N jets and took it to my honda dealer but i got it all ok now thaks for the help!