PDA

View Full Version : Douglas Ultimate Beadlocks

blake_mx_racer
06-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Where is the cheapest place to buy rear doulgas ultimate beadlocks and what is the price?

Blake

06-22-2005, 08:28 PM
wouldnt u be better off with hipers? :macho

Ridin' Jesse
06-22-2005, 08:55 PM
If you can afford hipers!!..i cant..

06-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Ridin' Jesse
If you can afford hipers!!..i cant..

well for the price of douglas ultimates you can buy hipers and never mess your wheels up

blake_mx_racer
06-22-2005, 09:07 PM
same price my a**. Douglas utlimates are 120 a piece when hipers are 190 a piece, hell im 15 with no job, thats why i am going with douglas.

Blake

blake_mx_racer
06-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Anybody got any used hipers for sale with red rings?

Blake

ThumPIN_450R
06-22-2005, 10:11 PM
rockymountainatv normally has the best prices on wheels and honda racer get over you're hipers not every body loves them as much as you and may want to use a different rim

06-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
rockymountainatv normally has the best prices on wheels and honda racer get over you're hipers not every body loves them as much as you and may want to use a different rim

just trying to help, if he wants to replace his rim 4 or 5 times every 2 or 3 years he can, but id rether not, you might as well spend the little bit of extra money and get the good stuff, im 16, and work 2 jobs to pay for my goods, trust me, they are worth it

ThumPIN_450R
06-22-2005, 11:04 PM
the fact that it says hiper technoligies as a sponsor in you're sig probably is part of the reason you brag on the hipers so much:D I just noticed that it's cool that you want to help but the guy was asking about prices on douglas wheels not should i get douglas or hiper wheels

RobRacing
06-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Hipers are actually heavier than douglas beadlock wheels. And anyways you would really have to hit something hard to bend a beadlock wheel, they are pretty damn strong. In my opionion hypers are all about the hype and look just go with the douglas wheels.

06-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by RobRacing
Hipers are actually heavier than douglas beadlock wheels. And anyways you would really have to hit something hard to bend a beadlock wheel, they are pretty damn strong. In my opionion hypers are all about the hype and look just go with the douglas wheels.

what r u on man, hiper wheels r the lightest bead lock available right now, and that is not true, i kno many people with trashed aluminum bead locks, you can consider it all look and hype all you want, id love to see you race a rocky race on aluminum wheels and hipers and tell me they werent worth the money, just my 2 cents

blake_mx_racer
06-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Thats the thing i race MX and most of the pros use douglas ultimates so they must be doin good. Thats not sayin i just buy what the pros buy either.

06-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by blake_mx_racer
Thats the thing i race MX and most of the pros use douglas ultimates so they must be doin good. Thats not sayin i just buy what the pros buy either.

Hiper hasnt influenced the GNC as much as the GNCC they are trying to get involved in the GNCC, the pros run them because Hiper really hasnt been involved too much with GNC until now, the pros run them because douglas sponsors them, not because they like them, but as i said, hipers are the lightest beadlock out right now, the pros dont use front beadlocks, therefore the front would be heavier then what they run, but lighter in the back, of course it is gonna be a lot stronger also, it all depends on what you want, but i went with hiper, after trashing aluminum rims, and im never going back

blake_mx_racer
06-27-2005, 09:03 PM
never had any problems with aluminum wheels on any of my past quads.

06-27-2005, 09:05 PM
never had any problems with aluminum wheels on any of my past quads.

racing mx without hipers isnt as big of a difference as xc without hipers, you almost need them in xc or you will have to change rims after every race, while mx aluminum will last a lot longer, but there is only so much stress aluminum can take

blake_mx_racer
06-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Yea i know what your sayin, im not tryin to say your wrong or anything but i am going with the ultimates unless i find a dang good deal on some used hipers.

06-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Yea i know what your sayin, im not tryin to say your wrong or anything but i am going with the ultimates unless i find a dang good deal on some used hipers.

you have 2 choices, you can buy hipers used, which you could find for about the same price as new douglas wheels, or you could find a friend of yours who is sponsored by hiper and use his discount to buy the wheels, they allow you to buy 12 wheels in 1 year, if he hasnt bought all 12 then you can buy them for a friend or whatever, that might be a good idea for you :macho

RobRacing
06-28-2005, 12:20 PM
It's ok for people to have different opions. You just happen to like hypers so u are going to talk trash about everything else. Other people will do the same for aluminum wheels. It's pretty much personal prefrence and I wouldn't say you have to have hypers for xc. This is because xc racing has been around a hell of a lot longer than hyper wheels have and you don't see the bikes running carbon wheels its just all personal preference.

EvilJester400EX
06-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Honda racer, get over it, the Hipers are the lighter wheel. I run Hipers and they're nice but after my first season of MX I had to replace all of my rings and a rim half. Also, I know an old pro/pro-am racer that has had the same Douglas beadlocks for 10 years and they are only slightly bent. Bending rims is mostly due to improper tire pressures or really bad accidents (in MX, I should specify.)

Warnerade
06-28-2005, 12:42 PM
im going to agree with brett here...honda, chill with pushing hipers so much, they are good..like jester said, but whats all this bs about bending aluminum rims so easily? You realy must not be able to ride smooth...one of the tracks i race on, and practice on is full ot rocks...i havent had a flat spot in a rim yet.

EvilJester400EX
06-28-2005, 12:47 PM
A lot of peoples problems is the tire pressure they run in the rim, I run 12 pounds in my front rims and I have never bent a rim running that pressure (I have a set of Hipers and a set of aluminums.) Hipers are a great rim, don't get me wrong, it's just I don't see that they're cracked up to the "hype" (ha!). I've cracked all of my rings and they sent me new ones free and I've destroyed a rim half and I got one half price - they have great customer service :p

06-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
im going to agree with brett here...honda, chill with pushing hipers so much, they are good..like jester said, but whats all this bs about bending aluminum rims so easily? You realy must not be able to ride smooth...one of the tracks i race on, and practice on is full ot rocks...i havent had a flat spot in a rim yet.

i took out an aluminum rim in 1 race, i mean ya they lastest quite awhile before, but 1 race took them out, it has nothing to do with riding smooth, the courses i ride are probably a lot different then yours, and i kno for a fact there was more then just me with a trashed rim in that race, also a few broken frames, and just like he said, tire pressure makes a difference also, i was running 4 pounds when i took out my front rim

Warnerade
06-28-2005, 01:36 PM
i run 5 lb's in the rear...7 lbs in the front....amd yes, being smooth does matter, if your not smooth, constantly landing hard and coming up a tad short catching your tires on the landing peaks....or over shooting them, yes it will have an influence on your rims.

06-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
i run 5 lb's in the rear...7 lbs in the front....amd yes, being smooth does matter, if your not smooth, constantly landing hard and coming up a tad short catching your tires on the landing peaks....or over shooting them, yes it will have an influence on your rims.

i dont do jumps in the series i race, only woods racing and straight aways, do you think it would be a good idea to run more tire pressure in the front even tho im running xc?

Warnerade
06-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
i dont do jumps in the series i race, only woods racing and straight aways, do you think it would be a good idea to run more tire pressure in the front even tho im running xc? yes.

EvilJester400EX
06-28-2005, 01:44 PM
You only run 4 pounds? You're screaming bending aluminum rims man, there isn't any need for the tires if you're running that low.

JRP
06-28-2005, 01:46 PM
i say get the Douglas Ultimate Beadlocks.

CdaleXtreme
06-28-2005, 02:22 PM
You will not bend or destroy a beadlock wheel unless you have a major accident in which case all bets are off.

Normal MX abuse will not bend a good Douglas Red Label Bead lock.

chad502ex
06-28-2005, 02:38 PM
my 0.02.

i've use douglas ultimate billet center (not beadlocks) and i run the shi7 out of them. Generally, I run the mountains of PA where the rocks are bad and the bouders are everwhere and we fly across them using 6 ply. Sometimes the Douglas's take a hard hit but the Douglas Ultimate billet center seem to be, IMO, as tough as the honda rim.

DaveEX7
06-28-2005, 07:17 PM
I've run multiple MX races in the past 3 years that I've been racing. One member said that aluminum beadlocks are ok for MX but there's only so much stress they can take <-- that's very true.
The most recent harescramble that was held at Hurricane Hills, I went to. After the race my beadlocks were trashed! There were all kinds of chunks missing rite along the beads and a couple dents. After that experience I switched to HiPers (no they don't sponsor me) only because that was my 4th race on my beadlocks and I just threw $250 down the drain.

CdaleXtreme
06-28-2005, 08:22 PM
For Woods racing the Hipers Are ideal, but for MX the main thing is structural strength.