PDA

View Full Version : weird problem with a bayou

enduro400rider
06-22-2005, 07:38 PM
ok i rode my freind bayou 250 and when you turn it to the left the left front tire lifts all the way off the ground. i took it down the road and kinda rocked it a little bit side to side and it does the same thing, just the front left tire lifts up none of the other wheels. you dont even have to turn it hard to get it to lift up . could he maby have a blown shock?? even though it a utility we jumped it off some pretty big jumps so im thinkin it finnally blew a shock but what do you guys think. we checked almost everything we could think of like the tire pressure and all that so we know thats all right but how do you know for sure if the shock is done?

cdalejef
06-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Does it do it when your sitting still and turn the bars?

enduro400rider
06-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Does it do it when your sitting still and turn the bars?

yeah if its just sitin there and you get on it and rock it side to side ( not like rocking it as hard as you can but just an easy side to side rock ) it lifts up but not as high as if you were riding and if you sit on the rear rack on the right side it lifts up pretty high. none of the other wheels lift up but the front left

cdalejef
06-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Pick up on the front end and see if that tire comes off the ground before the other front tire. If thats the case it sounds like the shock is broken internally and not letting the shock extend completely. Could also be locked up a-arm pivot points.
This is very strange and hard to figure out without seeing it.

enduro400rider
06-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Pick up on the front end and see if that tire comes off the ground before the other front tire. If thats the case it sounds like the shock is broken internally and not letting the shock extend completely. Could also be locked up a-arm pivot points.
This is very strange and hard to figure out without seeing it.

yeah ill try that and see what happens. yeah its kinda hard to explain it, thanks for the help