PDA

View Full Version : bad crash my buddy joe sheets

littleugly03
06-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Condition of Boy Injured in Farming Accident Improves
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/22/2005 at 07:20

The condition of a 16 year-old Tippecanoe County boy who was injured in a farming accident has improved.

Wishard Hospital says he is now in fair condition in the hospital's critical care unit.

State Conservation officer Matt Tholen says the accident happened on Tippecanoe County Road 75 South Tuesday morning.

Tholen says the 16 year-old was driving a 4-wheeler behind a grain truck.

The grain truck driver had stopped and was outside the cab, waving at the 16 year-old to stop.

The driver of the four wheeler didn't see the truck stopped and ran into the back of the truck.

He says it is DNR policy not to release the teenager's name.

The driver of the grain truck was Bruce Sheets.

Tholen says the 16 year-old was not wearing a helmet.

He was airlifted to Wishard Hospital in Indianapolis.

If u can pray for him and his family. he was riding a SHEE and they said he was doing about 45- 50mph. they said a helmet would have not helped him because of the brain slaming his skull.:(

duke416ex
06-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Man, sorry to hear that. It is bad enough being a quad accident, but me living on a farm brings it a little closer to home. Hope he gets better.

littleugly03
06-22-2005, 03:00 PM
thanks man;)

LTZ400rider
06-22-2005, 03:24 PM
why did the truck driver want him to stop, i wish your friend luck healing

bulkdriverlp
06-22-2005, 03:51 PM
wasnt wearing a helmet!!!

fasterblaster09
06-22-2005, 03:52 PM
I think he wanted him to stop because the driver was in front of him,from what I understand??...get better soon (t oyour friend)

littleugly03
06-23-2005, 11:16 AM
it was a grain truck and the were going to go though one of there fields that is of the road they were on and it was a graval road so it was really dusty so u couldnt see the truck in front of you.so the guy in the truck had to open the gate to get in to the field and herd his son coming and he tryed to flag him down and stup him but the boy couldnt see him and by the time he saw the truck he was underneat it. dose that explain it more to u guys. doctors say a helmet wouldnt have mad a difference. but u should wear one all the time.:huh

Pman485
06-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Sorry to hear that... But your asking for it if you dont wear a helmet. Even if he couldent see the truck.

HondaEXrider22
06-23-2005, 06:10 PM
I wish him the best of luck

blaster_rider68
06-23-2005, 06:18 PM
hope he gets better soon:)

Jackie
06-23-2005, 06:26 PM
Another good reason to slow down for the type of driving conditions, like not being able to see. Same thing when behind a wheel of a car.
My prayers are going out for this young man and his recovery. Brain injuries are slow healing. Just be his friend and visit him often. Positive support helps one heal.