PDA

View Full Version : wagon wheel WV

luvmyex
06-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Looks like me and a friend are going up there on the 1st tru the 3rd or 4th of July. I think we are meeting up with a few others up there also. Anyone care to join in?

luvmyex
06-23-2005, 08:05 PM
guess noone has heard of this place. 100s of miles and all free!!!

Pappy
06-23-2005, 08:06 PM
where is it in WV?

nowukno
06-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Its located in mcdowell county , here are a couple of sites.....

pinnaclebeachatvclub.com and wagonwheelpinnaclecreek.com

i go there at least once every two months , its awesome

luvmyex
06-25-2005, 06:37 PM
Its around Bluefield. Even runs up to the pinnicle creek hatfield trails if you know how to get there. There are stores with food and gas out on the trails too. I hear there's even a bar up there now too:huh

Pappy
06-25-2005, 06:43 PM
let me know when, im ready for some trail riding

luvmyex
06-26-2005, 06:28 PM
we are headed up either fri night or sat morning. Staying at burke mtn i think.I will know more Tues night after i talk to my friend.

450TRAILRIDER
06-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Great place to ride. We went last weekend. I love the stairsteps hillclimb.

luvmyex, I can't make it this weekend but maybe we can hook up later.

Flynbryan19
06-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Going up there this weekend as well. Staying in Crumpler county. Pappy, surely you've heard of the stair steps? Its only 3-5mi. from the steps.

nowukno
06-28-2005, 11:31 AM
The wagon wheel is awesome ...... here are a couple pics....... I need to get a better stair steps pick though....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/nowukno/100_0359.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/nowukno/100_0363.jpg

luvmyex
06-28-2005, 08:34 PM
hey bryan. EXJunkie here. Looks like we are camping at burkemtn trading post for now. The guy im going up with wants to look around still for some reason though??? You have my # i just hope i have service up there. I should on top of the mtn though. If not say 10 am at the wagon wheel?

Pappy come on down and join us. Ive been wanting to see if you can really ride or not :D lol j/k i would like to see one of your blinging quads. What are ya on theses days anyway?
Heres a old pic of the steps. they have washed out now though:grr:

nowukno
06-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Hey guys , i had plans to ride at the wagon wheel this wekend but my friends bailed on me , i would love to meet up and do some riding , let me know.

Pappy
06-29-2005, 06:18 AM
it would be a haul, so if i do make it down for a ride ill have to camp etc. im geussing around 6 hour drive.

im still on my beat R:D

Flynbryan19
06-29-2005, 08:03 AM
^^^What a piece.:devil: j/k

That is a hike at 6 hrs. I wouldn't wanna trek that far either.

Hey ExJunkie. I'll do my best to get out there at 10am. I've never been to the house we're staying at, so I'm not sure how fast I can get to the wagon wheel from there. I'll do my best though. I pretty well remember what your quad looks like though. I'll be on my pred and my wife will be on my father-inlaw's yellow Z. We should have a Yellow and black Yfz and a honda utility with us as well. I'll do my best to get them up early enough to swing by there. If not I'll just come by there myself. I'll be in touch with ya.

luvmyex
06-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by nowukno
Hey guys , i had plans to ride at the wagon wheel this wekend but my friends bailed on me , i would love to meet up and do some riding , let me know.

well come on then:blah: the more the better. Unless its a dustbowl. Still looks like we'll be staying at burke mtn.I have no clue how to get there by the road.Not sure i could even do it by trail anymore.

Dang pappy is that all you got man:D And i though you could build a sweet quad all this time. Looks like you was trying to run down the camera man.Well if you do feel like making the trip i would like to meet the man i got my aarms from.And your more than welcome to join us.

Bryan, Just try and call me if you cant make it by then. Or if ya want to make it later thats kool also.

nowukno
06-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Cool , if i come i will meet you at the wagon wheel store at 10am , just look for the quad in my signature. :D

Flynbryan19
06-30-2005, 05:06 AM
Alright ExJunkie, I got it figured out. We're staying just a mile or so down the main road from the stairsteps. REALLY close. I'm not sure how early I'll be able to get everyone else up, but I'll make it over there. Then I can show ya where we're staying so its easier to meet up again if needed.

luvmyex
06-30-2005, 03:54 PM
sounds good guys. lets make it 10:30 just to be safe. I remember how long it took to get up and make breakfast last time i went camping,:huh plus its gonna be late before we even get there fri night.

I think pappy is just skeered to ride that R. He just want to take pics these days:D LOL

Flynbryan19
07-01-2005, 05:30 AM
I heard he couldn't handle the R power in the hills of ol' west va.:devil:

luvmyex
07-01-2005, 04:09 PM
packed and headed out the door.See ya at the agon wheel around 10:30

fasterthanyouex
07-04-2005, 06:17 PM
man i love the wagon wheel there are so many places to open it up qand tight rocky trails i even found a place were there were some small jumps.... I love the Mud.. but..imy uncle went throught some black mud and it stained his fenders... yeah but there are so many trails and the hills are awesome!

luvmyex
07-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Well sorry i missed ya bryan. Turned out to be a shorter trip than planned.We did finally make it to the wagon wheel at about 2:30. We had a good time but had a few trouble with my friends wheela.Tire,carb,sproket,rear bearings,ect. lol. Im ready to make another trip.I forgot how good that place is.

luvmyex
07-04-2005, 07:47 PM
couple of pics
1.The stair steps
2.from the bottom

luvmyex
07-04-2005, 07:51 PM
:D

luvmyex
07-04-2005, 07:51 PM
camp

luvmyex
07-04-2005, 07:58 PM
trip ender

luvmyex
07-04-2005, 07:59 PM
getting it

fasterthanyouex
07-04-2005, 08:02 PM
in that same place when i was there a bunch of nuts guy were flying up them hills not hitting the level areas they were hauls arse big time......just though i say

luvmyex
07-04-2005, 08:28 PM
I tried to get my buddy to take a pic of my jumping from level to level on the side where your looking up, but not many people can take action shots with my camera. They always miss :mad: And its too hard of a landing to keep doing it over and over:devil:

fasterthanyouex
07-04-2005, 08:32 PM
hahah them people are nuts and im young and fearless well fearless when it comes to that haha....so i take it you had a fun time ....what really happened to your quad you might of said it sorry if u did dont have to repart ill read but

Flynbryan19
07-05-2005, 05:30 AM
Had a good time too man. We didn't get up to the wagon wheel till around lunch time, but I figured it'd be hard for us to meet up. :) Its all good. We'll ride together sometime soon. Bummer about the sprocket.

Were you guys camped up near the "burke mtn" store? I think I actually saw you two up there, but I wasn't sure if it was you or not.

luvmyex
07-05-2005, 05:41 PM
That was us. Should have rode by to see. Thats a good place to camp other than being so close to the road.$25 a night w/water and electric,and that includes a full breakfast. They even had chicken and ribs this weekend for dinner. FREE!!! I may go back in a few weeks if i can find someone with a running wheela:devil:

Flynbryan19
07-06-2005, 04:54 AM
We had stopped up there to see if they had any gas for my friends. They had just about ran out and we were a looooong way from our camp.

Let me know a couple weeks in advance when you go, and maybe we'll join ya. ;) Then we can get to ride alot more trails. The guys I rode with liked to spend alot of time on the asphalt...:rolleyes: