PDA

View Full Version : +2 +1 a arms

hawk-trx
06-22-2005, 10:38 AM
hi guys im new to this form as im normanly at 450. org.

im looking at new arms for my 450r and have noticed that most of the lower priced ones are +1 forward.

how bad will the 450r push with +1 arms?
will it have more bump steer?
why do they make them +1?

i have read maybe 50 topics and 400 replys trying to find the answer befor i asked, (searched till my head hurts) so can someone help me?

TBD
06-22-2005, 11:40 AM
The 450R already has a problem with pushing so by putting 1 inch forward arms will only make it worse. If you were planning on using a longer swingarm it wouldn't be bad. It all depends on what you are setting your quad up for. If you were doing a desert set up then a longer swingarm and +1 inch forward arms would be a good set up. MX I would leave them at 0 forward. Same as XC.
A-arms do not create bumpsteer. They might make it more noticeable because of the fact that you have more wheel travel.

hawk-trx
06-22-2005, 02:16 PM
thanks tbd

if ti already has a push problem why do manfuctures make more +2+1 arms then +2+0?

mine is mostly dunes and a little recreational mx. riding.

i had my eyes on the burgard nickle arms but they only come in the +1 configuration.

TBD
06-22-2005, 06:49 PM
I have no idea why they would do +1 forward arms. From what type of ridding you do I would strongly suggest against +1 forward arms. Like I said before, if you were planning on using a longer swingarm then I would suggest +1 forward. That wouldn't be a very good MX set up. I would recomend 0 forward.

hawk-trx
06-23-2005, 04:37 PM
TBD
i reread your first reply so i think i know the answer but ill ask anyway.
if i do a swinger down the road will the +0 foward still be a good setup?

TBD
06-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by hawk-trx
TBD
i reread your first reply so i think i know the answer but ill ask anyway.
if i do a swinger down the road will the +0 foward still be a good setup?
It will transfer more wieght to the front meaning that you will get even more grip when turning. It might even have a little oversteer. That is better then understeer(push). It will also make it a little more difficult to get the frontend up if that matters or not. +0 forward with a swinger would be better the +1 forward and no swinger.

hawk-trx
06-23-2005, 08:28 PM
TBD
thank you very much!
not sure any of it matters as im old and slow. but i would rather have the right parts.