PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Your Front Tires

Moses440EX
06-22-2005, 09:37 AM
You see alot of ppl rotating their front tires on their ex's to g et their quads that lil bit more wider...i tried this but in result the air vavle stem was coming around and hitting the brake caliper and the plastic cover for the rotor...does anyone have any suggestions to stop it from hitting???

maynard22
06-22-2005, 10:10 AM
You have to drill a hole and put the valve stem back on the outside, plug the hole on the backside.

theTman
06-22-2005, 10:12 AM
your gonna have alot of bumpsteer

huffdaddy_400EX
06-22-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Moses440EX
You see alot of ppl rotating their front tires on their ex's to g et their quads that lil bit more wider...i tried this but in result the air vavle stem was coming around and hitting the brake caliper and the plastic cover for the rotor...does anyone have any suggestions to stop it from hitting???

Just get wider a-arms...wheel spacers will work if you don't want t0 pay for new arms (but the arms are the way to go).

vinson581
06-22-2005, 01:26 PM
i was going to flip my rims to, but instead of spacers or flipping the rims i chose the proper route, i had to wait longer of course for $$ but wozers! it was well worth it, i ride TIGHT woods, and never find the +2's too wide like many say.....but when on on whoops or a track i love it.. cant go wrong with the frount end, wheel spacers im iffy of because they wear bearings and create bump steer both which happened on my friends bike.

v581