PDA

View Full Version : Wanted you all to know about a great sand paddle

QuadJunkies
05-28-2002, 12:26 AM
I just purchased a newer paddle called a "turbo Paddle" they are made by Kings TIres.They were reccomended from an atv outfit out of St.Anthonys Idaho.They have extra reinforcement in the center of the paddle for longer wear.I tried them out this wk. end and they are awesome!!!They are similar to a "Hauler" but cheaper.(around $50.00 a tire).Just thought I would spread the word on this great tire:):)

K_Fulk
05-28-2002, 12:32 AM
My buddy got a set of them before we went to little sahara. They launched really good. I wish i could have put them on mine for a little bit to see how it launched mine.

QuadJunkies
05-28-2002, 12:37 AM
The funny thing is,no one I have talked to around here has heard of them.Its a hidden secret that needs to get out.Hope your buddy enjoys his:)!!

BadA$$440
05-28-2002, 04:57 AM
Whre can you get a pair or see pics at?

QuadJunkies
05-28-2002, 10:43 AM
Last time i checked Kings TIres website was under construction,but I ordered them from a place called AOGMotorsports out of Boise Idaho.Or there is Western outdoor power(I think thats what there called)also in BOise,they have them in stock right now.The only problem with ordering the mfrom Western is you have to be a dealer.You might try ordering from your local tire dealer?If you want to send me your email address I do have a picture to send if you want. I tryied to post it, but they send it to me too large,and it wont reduce small enough :( If you have trouble getting them,let me know and ill try to help ....

Red Rooster
05-28-2002, 11:07 AM
send it to me, at reckless@drenthe.net , and I'll get it up tonite!

Red Rooster
05-29-2002, 05:50 AM
Ok see if this works....

QuadJunkies
05-29-2002, 10:46 AM
I dont know hoe you did it...but THANKS!!I just coulnt get it to reduce eneough with all the different programs i have . SO, what did you think???

JB's 400ex
05-29-2002, 01:46 PM
Was the 50 a package price per tire with rims? Or how much for rims? They look sweet though.

K_Fulk
05-29-2002, 02:12 PM
Well we enjoy or paddles the couple times ayear we use them.

racin 400
05-29-2002, 02:17 PM
Hey Quad Junkies send me some pics if you can.

QuadJunkies
05-29-2002, 11:15 PM
Jbs400~~ did you already see the pic on this thread that Red rooster Posted for me? Im heading to St. Anthonys in two weeks,Ill sendmore pics then,as far as prices go,I ordered my rims separate,so the tires will run aroung 56.00ea.(depending who you get them through)did you all see the reinforced paddles(the center of the tire)great wear pattern.all one component. they hook up nicely on my 300ex,gonna try them on the 400ex at St. Anthonys.I ordered a 20x11x9 on a douglas.125 rim(I really wanted a .160 but they were back ordered.)If you all need help in getting the tires, Ill try to hook you up with someone around here :)

Red Rooster
05-30-2002, 06:14 AM
How did the 20'' on the 300ex slide? (compare them to the other tires that you ran b-4 in the sand) and how much pressure do you run? Can you go measure them with a tape measure and tell us the actual height? (including the paddles)

QuadJunkies
05-30-2002, 04:39 PM
The paddles sizing is.... 4 inch side wall,on a 9 in. rim,3lbs. of pressure,with a 24mm paddle.AS far as sliding goes... Not alot of sliding like our V paddle(Kenda trakker..awesome sliding with those)THe turbo is excellent for climbing,more hook up,much more... the Kenda is good for sliding,its a give and take with most paddles..sliding or climbing..you can get a paddle that sys they will do both, but I dont feel you get the most out of your paddles when you have a multi-pupose paddle.If you lack power,go with a straight edge,or if you need it mostly for climbing.The V paddles are a blast for playing on sand,it jusst depends on what your situation is and what you are riding.

JB's 400ex
05-31-2002, 08:51 AM
I called and talked with AOG Motorsports yesterday on the price of the Turbo Paddle with ITP .190 Rims and as a package he quoted me $50/tire and 215.00 for a package deal without shipping. Just thought I would pass that information along.

QuadJunkies
05-31-2002, 09:12 AM
JBS400ex~~~ SO, are you gonna buy them?Was chris at AOG motorsports able to get them for you? I mentioned Western power sports too didnt I?You can get them through them also, but you have to have your local tire or ATV dealer order them for you,they are 7.00 a tire more threw them though.Still a great buy on the tires though....If you get them, send us a pic of them on your quad.Im going to try mine out on our 400ex in 2 wks. at St.Anthonys.

JB's 400ex
05-31-2002, 09:23 AM
I don't know if I will buy them. It is a little more than I wanted to pay for paddles. I am really only buying them for the one trip to St. Anthony's. I probably won't use them much up here. My stock tires work good at Moses Lake and at Beverly. There is alot of hardpack and hard sand/rocks and I think it would just destroy a paddle.

QuadJunkies
05-31-2002, 11:18 PM
JBs400ex~~ I can understand not wanting to but for a one time trip, but If its a little too much in price,you could always go with a .160 or.125 rim. Are you a really aggressive rider??When you are on sand, you really dont need a .190 rim,Im serious..a.125 will do you just fine,or even a .160. YOu do have to watch for rocks out at St. Anthonys too.WEll, have a great trip to St. A's and let us know how your ride was!!!