PDA

View Full Version : Handelbars info & pix!!

EX400rider
06-21-2005, 10:13 PM
I am either wanting renthal fat bars or the crossbar bars. Im not for sure which ones are better. If anyone has them or knows about them then please tell me. Also about the deminsions because i want it pretty tall but not like a harley.

If u have pix of them on ur bike then please send them i will really appreciate it!! THANKS!!

NacsMXer
06-22-2005, 04:39 PM
As for which are better, they are both good, but one is stronger than the other by the laws of physics. A "fat bar" has an 1 1/8" diameter at the mounting point and tapers down to 7/8" at the ends. A "crossbar" type bar is 7/8" all the way across and is consequently a bit weaker than a fat bar is.

7/8" Renthals are hella strong, but you should never be able to bend a set of 1 1/8" fat bars unless the quad lands upside down from 20 feet up lol :blah:

Excellent taller bends are the Mini Works bend also referred to as Mini High bend or Pastrana FMX bend. Different companies call them different names, but usually you can examine the bar charts they offer to see which ones are the high ones and which are the low ones.

theTman
06-22-2005, 04:46 PM
ive had my 7/8 renthals with crossbar for over a year with 2 crashes and 3 or 4 flips...havent bent yet..but the stem has:blah:

Bill Fuller
06-22-2005, 04:50 PM
I have a brand new set of Renthal twin wall 1 1/8 bars for sale,never mounted.PM me if you are interested.I'm not sure of the excact bend.