PDA

View Full Version : Engine Problem I think....

HondaRacing23
06-21-2005, 08:19 PM
I took my bike to work witch is a dealership and they told me that my bike needed a new starter that, that whats making the loud clunking noise so bad that it didnt want to start. The said it was coming from the starter motor.??? I replaced it and it is still making the sound. It clunks so bad that it dont want to start hald the time. Would a dead battery or a low charged battery cause this? OR would be be something else. I just had it bored out a little less then a year ago to a 426 with a hot cams stage 1 in it. It didnt start doing it till alittle while ago. a few months. it seems to be running fine and no lose of power its just when it trys to start is when i get the clunking noise. I know it might be hard to determine and if theres anyone thats kinda close to Bolivar,Ohio that would be willing to look at it i would greatly appriate it because the dealership i work at dont seem to know there stuff like they think they do. Need help... thanks:confused: :confused:

HondaRacing23
06-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Could the starter Gear be making this sound if it is bad? Is the starter Gear in the starter motor or are they two different things???