PDA

View Full Version : what about the extras

400exONcrack
06-21-2005, 08:05 PM
What do i do with the key switch and headlights when i put on the majer body kit. Do i still use a key or anything???

rmw7949
06-21-2005, 09:20 PM
If u get the race fronts they will send u a little cheap tab that u can use 2 mount your key switch with. U can bolt it 2 whatever u want. As far as your lights you'll have to get some Lazer Stars or Trail Techs and mount em some where else. Handle bars, bumper, etc, unless your racing and in that case... throw em under the work bench and forget about it. If your gettin the oem replacements from Maier...... I just wasted my breath . cuase it all goes back the same way.

06-22-2005, 08:31 PM
cut a hole in the side of the plastic like in the pic ( right below the uni sticker) it worked great for me

400exONcrack
06-23-2005, 01:31 PM
thanks i will try to cut the hole. But on the handle bars do you just take off the light switchs and throw them with the lights

rmw7949
06-23-2005, 01:44 PM
When I did mine I just unplugged the lights and and left the switch. And when I sold that bike I sure was glad I did'nt cut anything up, cause the guy that bought it was makin a duner out of it. You gotta remember someday ur gonna want to sell that bike and there alot easier to sell w/ all the options. I'm not sayin dont take ur lights or ur switch off cause I did on my r but try to not cut any fact plugs or wiring. Makes troubleshooting elec. problems alot easier 2.

bwamos
06-23-2005, 02:23 PM
I rewired mine so the "kill switch" above the start button is now my ON/OFF switch. My key switch is in the spare parts box.. lol. ;)

06-23-2005, 06:08 PM
you can toss the light switches if you get a dirt bike cluth perch and mod a kill button like bwamos said but i dont see ne thing wrong with relocating the key i love cause it allowed me to get rid of that ugly hander bar plasic just rememder to cut the hole with a hole saw bit and not one of those wood bits ;)