PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever blow a tierod end

TheFontMaster
06-21-2005, 07:39 PM
I pulled out of the school today in the truck and hear a POP and then the left tire goes crazy, haha. I blew the tie rod end, and it started to weave and shake like crazy, after I got it into the nearest driveway, I realized how lucky I was that I wasn't on the highway when it did this. If it reacted that bad at 20 mph I don't want to know what it would be like at 60. An hour latter I had a new tie rod end in and all was good.

06-21-2005, 07:42 PM
not really on a vehicle but on my old trail boss 250 i was WOT on the road and my tie rod snapped and i skidded for a good 40 feet luckily that quad was a slug so i didnt get thrown off but it scared the $hit out of me

06-21-2005, 07:46 PM
my uncle has a 2003 chevy pickup 2500 I think, I dono. but anyways it has a lift in it and he was dooing 4 wheel drive burnouts and both the front tie rod ends pulled off the tie rods. the front tires aimed in or tow in. for some reason and he had to replace the whole tie rod set up.

TheFontMaster
06-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
for some reason and he had to replace the whole tie rod set up.

I bet the power of the 4 wheel drive in the front just tore everything apart. It never ocurred to me untill today how much force is acting on the sterring components. And if you look under the truck, 3/4 inch solid tubing isn't much.

Warnerade
06-21-2005, 07:52 PM
no but iv'e blown a few rods

EvilJester400EX
06-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Sounds kinda kinky if you ask me....

06-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I bet the power of the 4 wheel drive in the front just tore everything apart. It never ocurred to me untill today how much force is acting on the sterring components. And if you look under the truck, 3/4 inch solid tubing isn't much.

ya, he beats the hell out of his truck. it came from the dealer with the lift in it. so moast of the stuff was under warentee. he had gone through probly 3 or 4 u-joints up front. It has a bunch of hypertech tuning stuff in it.

racing against my dads 2004 f-350 (both 4-door trucks) my dads truck beeing stock. my dad pulls away till about 40 mph then my uncle's truck starts blowing out plooms of black smoak and hauls by.

I got a cheep widening kit off ebay, the tie rods that came with the kit snapped with in 3 days.