PDA

View Full Version : ~~Return from "Dunetopia 2005" group ride coverage~~

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 07:30 PM
This was just too much fun to list in the duning section alone,so I decided to post it in the open forum this time to share .....

This year marked the 3rd annual "Dunetopia Group ride" Dunetopia is an annual group ride I started 3 years ago,and each year more and more riders seem to be catching on to one of the BIGGEST, BADDEST dune around.............. ST. ANTHONYS SAND DUNES.:macho
Saint Anthony is located in Idaho, not far from the Wyoming border and Gateway to Yellow stone Park, as you can see in this pic from afar, those are some pics I tried to take of the Teton Mountains in the background.

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Here is a few scenic pics I took that you might pass by on the way to Saint Anthonys.

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 07:47 PM
this is a pic of Craters of the moon... we were driving so I didnt get the best pic...:ermm:

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 07:52 PM
The weather was next to perfect all wk end. Fri, Sat was in the upper 70's and a slight breeze then cooling off in the evening.
Sun. and Monday was a bit cooler and one gusty wind storm on Mon. made for some interesting riding out to Choke Cherry on Monday. The gusts were strong enough that you could fill the front of the quad lift slightly when climbing the massive dunes.:eek2:
This is a picture of Egin Lake. We camped this year at BLM and after camping there this year, I will be a permanent camper at BLM. They have really done a ton of work this year to the facility for such a small fee.
Lake Egin is located at the half way mark for most of the dunes.Most riders like this spot so that its fairly close to all the small and big hot spots to ride.

***Sat. morning ride*** (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies309417.wmv)

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Here is a pic of the smaller dunes ,these have alot of razor backs and are smaller and more technical at times than even some of the bigger dunes ..

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 07:58 PM
We started out late eveing, but didnt take any pics the first nightout so on Sat. my ole man Troy decided to start getting used to the YZF450 he would be riding for the wk end..

.that didnt take too long....... :D :p

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:00 PM
another shot of him and atvrider expred doing a little jumping. Since this was a loaner quad for us, Troy had to be good for the most part , Im fairly certain we now know what quad he will be buying now ....

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:06 PM
here is a pic of a large bowl, I wish these pics were better, they just dont do justice on the size of these monster bowls.. This year I rode every bowl but one this year and Wow........... What a rush!!! :blah:

I will have video links to give you an idea of the size

***HILLSHOOT*** (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies309426.wmv)

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:08 PM
heres a couple of the guys getting a feel for the sand ...

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:09 PM
I unfortunatley have camera failure on the trip and most of my footage is on video. I think the sand storm filled my camera :(

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:11 PM
We done a little sand tired testing(size and brand) this wk end and found out what works good on both our quads and what doesnt as well.

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:13 PM
This would be this riders only second time out on a qaud and he rode very well for a newbie! Glad you and your Dad could make the trip out !!

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Troy REALLY liked the YFZ power . He could not believe what a difference a drag tire makes on the sand! tires REALLY do make a HUGE difference on the dunes ...

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:17 PM
two Predator owners comaraing mods ... atvriders Dan_pred, thanks for making the trip out ! :)

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:18 PM
heres a pic of the face of a steep hill ,these are all over the backside of Thunder, or the "highway " to choke Cherry... there is some great riding back in this area

***more hill climbing clips*** (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies309426.wmv)

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:30 PM
After playing along the wya, we finally made it out the Choke Cherry
Choke Cherry is the famous steep faced hill everyone lieks to try and conquer an drag race up. Choke Cherry can change literally overnight and is usually steeper in the spring ...

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:31 PM
heres my Honda 440ex :D It actually beat a Preddy(was jetted too rich and later tied my 440 and then beat it )

***440ex,predator and Yoshi 450r clip*** (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies309434.wmv)

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:35 PM
not surewho everyone was in the pic, but here is two preddys and I have to say, one of them beat the YFZ ! :eek2:

***YFZ,2-Predator,440ex and Raptor*** (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies309436.wmv)

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:36 PM
bottom of Choke

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:37 PM

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Drag Banshee

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:38 PM

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:41 PM
atvriders member predatorkick@$$, but he is no longer a Predatorowner now..........!!
:cool: Congrats on the new Honda and it was nice meeting up for a full day of riding!! :)

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:44 PM
another steep side of Choke...

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:45 PM
a shot of some dunes behind Choke Cherry.

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:46 PM
all of us taking a break

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:47 PM
another pic of the dunes...

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:51 PM
here is a pic of the camp site, we had 9 of us camped here and there was a few other locals camped across from us.

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:53 PM
this was one of the locals that went up the same week as us ,he had one of the faster YFZ's at the dunes

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:56 PM
This is also another local who you might spot in the latest
alticity sand video (http://www.alticity.com/sand.aspx)

Norm is known for his super fast Polaris 900. Ill also have clips of him shooting up Choke ...:devil:

***Norms Drag Quad*** (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies309467.wmv)

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:59 PM
We got a chance to meet up with some of the riders from the group ride from the "atvcompound" I wish I could have had more time to meet more of them, but there was groups pulling in threw out the week.
JOEX was also w/ this group and I got a few minutes to visit and only a fw minutes riding,the end of his shift sahft broke before we even got a chance to drag race eath other up Thunder Mountain
:( I hope you were able to finish your trip and test out the new 416ex!:macho
***Thunder Mountain clip*** (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies309452.wmv)

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:00 PM
AtvCompound...there group was expecting over 100 riders :eek: :cool:

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:02 PM
this was an Atvcompound riders quad. This was a street bike motor put in a custom frame,I think he said it was a older version of the R1 motor.

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:03 PM
another shot of the dunes

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:04 PM
back towards choke cherry...

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:04 PM
more big dunes

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Troy almost hits this guy who darted out in front of him on a hillshoot! :eek: :eek2:

***more choke clips*** (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies309451.wmv)

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:06 PM

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:06 PM
spectators at choke

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:07 PM
one of the MANY rails that were out this wk end. Therewas a convoy of them all wk end, but my Camera took a digger so I couldnt get any pics :( Here is also a blaster that makes it up Choke :eek2:

***Blaster and Rail up Choke clip*** (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies309445.wmv)

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:09 PM
pic of some of our group

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:09 PM
another half bowl/hillclimb

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:10 PM

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:11 PM
expred

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:11 PM
this bowl was a BLAST!!! :blah:

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Massive rush!:macho

QuadJunkies

QuadJunkies
250R was having clutch issues .

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Last day riding, we decided to hit the opposite end of thedunes and play on the smaller stuff . along the way you run into some of this ...

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:15 PM
couple of the girls in our group ...

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:15 PM
having a little fun in the sand.... :p

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:17 PM
picture of my quad... I was highly impressed how it rode all wk end, it ewas still competitive ,my only issue I had was both heel guards cracked, I think that it happened in the whoops section :ermm:

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:18 PM

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:19 PM

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:21 PM
I cant be for certain, but I think this is one part of Devils Dune located right next to Choke Cherry, I actually rode down off the razor on this dune!! :blah: :macho This dune is a little intimidating to me ...

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:23 PM
looking down choke ...

*** more choke cherry clips *** (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies309457.wmv)

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:24 PM
as you will see in the vid, it was VERY windy by the time we got to choke.

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Troy ...

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 10:30 PM
I have a few more videos that I didnt list you can go here to see more videos (http://www.quadjunkies.neptune.com)

Hope to see everyone again next year...:)

predatorkick@$$
06-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Good pics Tina and video's!!

In the pic of the red raptor that is a friend of ours from montana and it is a yamaha 600 bullet bike motor! One of the cleanest hybrid's I have seen out there!!

Cody_300ex
06-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Awesome Pics and Vids QJ!!!

BlueZ440
06-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Great pics and video..Norms 900 is NUTZ...

See you tomorrow night..It's MX time..;)

watts16
06-22-2005, 07:21 AM
AWESOME pics good movies too

maynard22
06-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the pics and videos, that was a great way to start off the morning, watching those videos!!! I will be making that trip next year for sure!! Nothing but GOOD TIMES!!!!!

QuadJunkies
06-22-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by BlueZ440

See you tomorrow night..It's MX time..;) We will see. Im pretty beat up and sore , we rode about 32 hrs and my hands are killin me ...:o

thomps6s
06-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Awesome coverage. I can't wait to get out there again next year. Looks like a bunch of us will be heading to Little Sarah in October. i can't wait to hit the sand again!

QuadJunkies
06-22-2005, 09:27 AM
we will keep the next group ride for the same time each year(Fathers Day wk end) seems to be the best time of year for weather.
Ive had a few invites to Sand Mnt this year, I sure wish I could make a wk end trip up! I hear its great riding,Ill have more vacation time next year so I will try and hit two trips next year..:)
Have fun at Little Sahara!

wilkin250r
06-22-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Ive had a few invites to Sand Mnt this year,

Consider yourself invited yet one more time. ;)

I'm surprised at those dunes, many of them look rather flat on top. I'm not used to it, Sand Mountain is just one huge razorback, steep on both sides. There are only a few spots at my local sandbox to sit at the top of the dunes.

I'm also surprised at the shear size and riding area of St. A's. While Sand Mountain may be tall, there isn't much area around it to ride. St. A's looks HUGE. I'll be sure to make it next year.

QuadJunkies
06-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Consider yourself invited yet one more time. ;)

I'm surprised at those dunes, many of them look rather flat on top. I'm not used to it, Sand Mountain is just one huge razorback, steep on both sides. There are only a few spots at my local sandbox to sit at the top of the dunes.

I'm also surprised at the shear size and riding area of St. A's. While Sand Mountain may be tall, there isn't much area around it to ride. St. A's looks HUGE. I'll be sure to make it next year. Some yes, others no.. there are many dunes that have razors, I was told by Sand Mnt. riders that these dunes have alot more rollie hills and fast riding than Sand Mnt. and Sand Mnt has jump after jump and hill shoots,Some riders that were new this year found the bigger stuff rather intimidating the first day.It took me two years to get used to the hills...LOL.. I would LOVE to give your dunes there a try, Im just not a razorback rider for sure :o :ermm:

St. A's has somewhere around 35 miles long of riding, not sure how many of that is preserved,, but I can guarentee you this.. You can ride here all week and not ride the same spot... :)

wilkin250r
06-22-2005, 10:17 AM
I don't think you can ride Sand Mountain for a whole day without riding the same spot.

The razorbacks aren't bad. Some people will actually ride the ridge (craziness), but they are few and far between. Most people go up one side and turn around before they cross over. You just have to make sure you keep a little bit of speed and turn around BEFORE you stop, or else you'll bury your back tires.

Yes, even the small rollers at Sand Mountain have steep sides to them. Lots of areas to jump, but many of them are on the crowded front area near the camps, I don't feel safe about jumping there simply because there are too many people around.

Hillshoots galore. There are some areas just as steep as Choke Cherry, but you can't sit on top, so many people don't shoot them. The main hillshoot is right in front on the camps. While maybe not as steep as Choke, I bet it's easily as tall.

JOEX
06-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Nice seeing you and Troy again:) Wish I could have rode with you for more than a few minutes, it sucks breaking so soon:( Not nearly enough time to get the quad tuned right.

I'll definately be going back but staying at the BLM site;) Desert Oasis needs alot of work to be a pleasant place to stay.

The dunes are awesome! Very steep and Very tall. There were 22 of us on our first ride out to the big dunes, it was alot of fun riding all the smaller bowls (there are alot of them) on the way:cool: I only took a few pics though....

Not sure what i'm going to do with the quad yet, really don't want to take it apart again:ermm:

QuadJunkies
06-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Nice seeing you and Troy again:) Wish I could have rode with you for more than a few minutes, it sucks breaking so soon:( Not nearly enough time to get the quad tuned right.

I'll definately be going back but staying at the BLM site;) Desert Oasis needs alot of work to be a pleasant place to stay.

The dunes are awesome! Very steep and Very tall. There were 22 of us on our first ride out to the big dunes, it was alot of fun riding all the smaller bowls (there are alot of them) on the way:cool: I only took a few pics though....

Not sure what i'm going to do with the quad yet, really don't want to take it apart again:ermm: Did you not get yours up and going after that? Did you get a chance to ride any of the BIGGER bowls?? Its amazing how big some of them are once you climb down and then look back...:eek2: You should come back out next year and camp w/ us ;) If we could get EVERYONE to camp there then it waould make it much better to get us all together for a group ride and pic!:)
By the time your group come to ride I was pooped and my contacts were making it tough to see out of (drying out BAD!) so I turned back ,Had I not had races this wk end, I would have gave you my parts so you would be fixed up for the week ;)

JOEX
06-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Did you not get yours up and going after that? Did you get a chance to ride any of the BIGGER bowls?? Its amazing how big some of them are once you climb down and then look back...:eek2: You should come back out next year and camp w/ us ;) If we could get EVERYONE to camp there then it waould make it much better to get us all together for a group ride and pic!:)
By the time your group come to ride I was pooped and my contacts were making it tough to see out of (drying out BAD!) so I turned back ,Had I not had races this wk end, I would have gave you my parts so you would be fixed up for the week ;)
I didn't get the shaft fixed but I got to ride the big dunes earlier:D :cool: When we met up with you we were on our fourth ride. ;) Went around Devils Dune a couple of times, that was a rush! It's more scary riding down the than up!:p The pics don't do the dunes justice, you really have to be there.

If I still have a quad, next Father's Day sounds good!

QuadJunkies
06-22-2005, 11:52 AM
I didn't get the shaft fixed but I got to ride the big dunes earlier:D :cool: When we met up with you we were on our fourth ride. ;) Went around Devils Dune a couple of times, that was a rush! It's more scary riding down the than up!:p The pics don't do the dunes justice, you really have to be there.

If I still have a quad, next Father's Day sounds good! Going down Devils was crazy!! :blah: Choke still freaks me out some :p ... Dont you DARE sell your quad! Trust me .when your minus one in the garage its REALLY sucks :(

wilkin250r
06-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Joe, how did your rebuild run? Did you get a chance to line up against other 400EXs?

JOEX
06-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Joe, how did your rebuild run? Did you get a chance to line up against other 400EXs?
Overall it ran great except for some pinging due to the timing advace key, it will be removed......

Didn't get a chance to do any real runs against anyone else before the shifter shaft broke:( Also, there were very few 400ex's out there:ermm:

wilkin250r
06-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Overall it ran great except for some pinging due to the timing advace key, it will be removed......

I had a feeling that might happen. If your squish and deck height were set properly, you were probably running a true 11:1 (or was it 10.8:1?) You could probably handle the higher compression OR the timing advance, but not both.

With the higher compression, you shouldn't need the timing advance anyways, the compression will boost the low-end for you.

QuadJunkies
06-22-2005, 12:20 PM

Didn't get a chance to do any real runs against anyone else before the shifter shaft broke:( Also, there were very few 400ex's out there:ermm: I saw 6 of them at choke ,Troy raced 3 of them on mine, not sure what all was done to them , Im fairly confident one or two was stock ,Troy got them to race by telling them they had he advantage on weight.... :o :p lol

Mine ran a 172 main(w/ 450r Carb) my oil was hashed after one day riding(new Barnett clutch) mine ran very well and I cant believe how well it done on fuel too! Maybe better than my stock carb!:huh

DVXRULES
06-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Those were great pics...but St. A's must not be meant for me...if you remember last year I stayed at camp with the kids after fracturing my ribs F/Ting and having my toes realigned prior to the trip and lo and behold this year, 1 week prior to you guys going to St. Anthony I end up in the Idaho Falls Hospital for 3 days with 3 broken ribs and a punctured lung from MXing at the State Series. What was maddening...I was holding 2nd out of 8th when the ty rod broke on my landing from the table top and you know with my age, I'm not as quick to recover when I'm about to wreck, so down I went. Bobbi wrecked too getting to me, she went over her handle bars when she mistakenly hit her front brakes. Oh well, I'll be ready for Rupert next month...got off the oxygen today, so good to go. Ha! Ha!

QuadJunkies
06-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by DVXRULES
Those were great pics...but St. A's must not be meant for me...if you remember last year I stayed at camp with the kids after fracturing my ribs F/Ting and having my toes realigned prior to the trip and lo and behold this year, 1 week prior to you guys going to St. Anthony I end up in the Idaho Falls Hospital for 3 days with 3 broken ribs and a punctured lung from MXing at the State Series. What was maddening...I was holding 2nd out of 8th when the ty rod broke on my landing from the table top and you know with my age, I'm not as quick to recover when I'm about to wreck, so down I went. Bobbi wrecked too getting to me, she went over her handle bars when she mistakenly hit her front brakes. Oh well, I'll be ready for Rupert next month...got off the oxygen today, so good to go. Ha! Ha! Connie, you are one tough lady, we all know that ;) We too have had some bad luck in this house ,so I do know how you feel! It dont matter if you placed 1sr or last, you still got all the respect from us youngins;)
Lets try and shoot for another sand ride next year... RACING OR NO RACING... Freinds need to joy ride from time to time too! :) Im glad we got the chance to go, Troy and I needed that trip badly... Now we just got to work on finding him another quad :ermm:

jsc
06-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Thanks

Quad18star
06-22-2005, 06:08 PM
I wish we had dunes to ride around here ... nearest dunes for me would be Silver Lake in Michigan ... thats 15 hour drive one way . :( .... I think the guys around here are actually planning a trip to the dunes for September !!!!!

wilkin250r
06-22-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I wish we had dunes to ride around here ... nearest dunes for me would be Silver Lake in Michigan ... thats 15 hour drive one way . :( .... I think the guys around here are actually planning a trip to the dunes for September !!!!!

I think St. A's is a good 12hr from me at least, and I'm fulling planning on next year!

JOEX
06-22-2005, 06:35 PM
St. Anthony's is a solid 14 hours for me, only stopping to exchange fluids:p

QuadJunkies
06-23-2005, 02:08 AM
Heck, the flatlanmders came all the way from Indiana! WE had riders from N. Dakota as well last year...:eek:

Its amazing the distance people will go to ride...:p

DESDAK4
06-23-2005, 05:58 AM
You will most likely have riders from North Dakota next year also:D Seeing these pictures makes me sick that I couldn't go this year.

Jay

NDpredator
06-23-2005, 07:49 AM
YEP Jay i'm with you on that!!!!! Makes me sick to see those pics and for me to think what might have been.....but who knows if I could've made the whole trip since i'm still recovering from my last wreck. Sure looks like it was a blast this year TINA!!!!!! I'll be there next year for sure...and to assure that i wont run any MX races in April, since i've had april wrecks 2 years in a row.

derrick

(Tina your check will be in the mail today)

QuadJunkies
06-23-2005, 11:09 AM
LOL!!!No Racing in April might be a good idea! Would love to see you all again and I know Troy would also :)

thomps6s
06-23-2005, 11:12 AM
it was 21 hours of straight through driving for us and we will do it again and again and again without blinking an eye.

kgbg
06-24-2005, 10:26 AM
I was there as well. I never got a chance to meet up with Tina but many many others.
Desert Oasis sucks. I knew it sucked, but with the size of our group we had no other choice. BLM is first come first served, and there was barely enough spots for the whole group, if we could have reserved them, but no reservations....
Sand Hills is nice facility, but crappy location and crappy owners.
We were suppoed to have a whole spot to our selves, but instead we had a few spots her a few there and tried to make it work.
I was disappointed in the accomidations as well.
BLM was very nice, I will try to stay there as much as I can.
I put on about 250 miles and tore the hell out of CHoke cherry, and Devils dune. I got 87.9 MPH down Devils Dune, with 14/40 gearing!

Quad18star
06-24-2005, 11:25 AM
If I were to drive from where I live , which is Northern Ontario Canada , to Idaho ( which is where the dunes are , right?) ... it would take me 30 hours straight driving ....1935 miles away . WAY too far for me to go . :(

QuadJunkies
06-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by kgbg
I was there as well. I never got a chance to meet up with Tina but many many others.
Desert Oasis sucks. I knew it sucked, but with the size of our group we had no other choice. BLM is first come first served, and there was barely enough spots for the whole group, if we could have reserved them, but no reservations....
Sand Hills is nice facility, but crappy location and crappy owners.
We were suppoed to have a whole spot to our selves, but instead we had a few spots her a few there and tried to make it work.
I was disappointed in the accomidations as well.
BLM was very nice, I will try to stay there as much as I can.
I put on about 250 miles and tore the hell out of CHoke cherry, and Devils dune. I got 87.9 MPH down Devils Dune, with 14/40 gearing! Some of our group arrived on Thurs, there was free rain on all the spots at BLM at that point :D next year we should shoot for all meeting up the same day and hitting BLM.. I was VERY happy w/ the accomedations and I hear thre will be showers next year :)

Sorry we didnt meet up :( I asked around for you though!

Sandgod4
06-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
If I were to drive from where I live , which is Northern Ontario Canada , to Idaho ( which is where the dunes are , right?) ... it would take me 30 hours straight driving ....1935 miles away . WAY too far for me to go . :(

I was parked next to QJ's. I put on a Cannondale ride so I had my own entertaining to do. We had two guys from Pennsylvania (1850 miles) show up and they WILL be back next year. We had about 15 Dales in all, but since we were parked at different campgrounds we couldn't all get together at once.. On a side note to QJ and others, Sand Mtn at Little Sahara Utah has a slightly bigger hill and 100x more riding area then Sand Mtn NV. Utah has the biggest hill in the country..

bansheewarrior
06-25-2005, 11:54 PM
had a great time,glad to meet you Tina and the rest of your gang.Yes it was a long trip for us flatlander's,3225 mile round trip on the truck's and over 400 miles on the bikes while we where there,alot of saddle time for sure.Dunes and weather where both as good as it get's.The only bad part is now it's aother year before another out west trip.

QuadJunkies
06-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by bansheewarrior
had a great time,glad to meet you Tina and the rest of your gang.Yes it was a long trip for us flatlander's,3225 mile round trip on the truck's and over 400 miles on the bikes while we where there,alot of saddle time for sure.Dunes and weather where both as good as it get's.The only bad part is now it's aother year before another out west trip. It was nice meeting you all as well ;)

Admin
06-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Awesome Coverage, Tina, and I wish that I could have been along for the group ride, but I had to travel to the GNC MX National.

Hopefully, next year it will work out better for me to attend!!! :D

QuadJunkies
06-27-2005, 02:34 PM
definately!
You will have a good time,trust me..... :D

and Thanks a ton for adding this to the home page... ;)

Kilabanshee
06-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Awesome pictures! I'll have to take a trip out there sometime.

07-01-2005, 01:21 PM
nice pics man. It looks like you guys had fun

chad502ex
07-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Admin
Awesome Coverage, Tina, and I wish that I could have been along for the group ride, but I had to travel to the GNC MX National.

Hopefully, next year it will work out better for me to attend!!! :D

yea- right :rolleyes: you never have time...

QuadJunkies
07-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
yea- right :rolleyes: you never have time...

Harlen actually was going to come for this trip , but I sent him an email telling him that I thought the trip would have to cancel due to another engine failure :( (on the PReddy) but just 3 weeks before the trip, we got a loaner so we could still go! ;)

QuadJunkies
07-03-2005, 02:12 PM
new video is up w/ music added.... Enjoy!:)

Dunetopia 2005 (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies310754.wmv)

Jerracan
07-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Nice videoīs and picīs :)

I wish we had some terrain like this :(

@QuadJukies: Can you tell me the name of the band / song in your Dunetopia video?

Jerracan

QuadJunkies
07-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Jerracan
Nice videoīs and picīs :)

I wish we had some terrain like this :(

@QuadJukies: Can you tell me the name of the band / song in your Dunetopia video?

Jerracan thats Chevelle-vitamin R ;)

310Rduner
08-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Hey tina, looks like you and troy had a great time this year this. Couldn't make it up unfortunately, too little $$ and I haven't even ridden in 9 months anyways:ermm:My Mom is doing much better from then, she is basically fully recovered, walking with a cane now. She still has bad vision, and on meds but overall she is 300x better and happier. Maybe in a couple years when I get back into atv's I'll make it up there to ride with you guys again :D I've got a friend that is looking to buy my R when his bike sells, so the R will be gone soon:( but I don't really have my heart in it much anymore since my mom will probably never ride. I'm going to put it into my bronco since I know she can at least go offroading, even if it isn't pismo and atvs I'm sure she will enjoy it. I'll drop by here once in a while to see what's going on here....make sure everything is still how it used to be:p

Brandon

QuadJunkies
08-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Hi there!

Im sooo glad to hear your Mom is going so good! Thats GREAT! Yor Mom is a lucky Mom to have a Son who loves her so much ;)

We would love to have you down here. Dont let quad riding stray too far from ya, We too havent been out like we used to, but I cant imagine not having my ride for when I got the itch. :D

Sorry, you prol. missed most of the video clips I hosted.