PDA

View Full Version : hrc kit/stock pipe vs hrc kit/hmf pipe

gwroregon
06-21-2005, 06:50 PM
I know there have been many threads on pipes but I don't know that I have seen this question...I have the hrc kit. the hrc kit comes with the cam, rejetting, airbox mod, but leaves the stock pipe on, with the baffle out. How much difference is there going to be with an aftermarket pipe on? Is it worth the money? Without major mods I know you can only get to a certain hp level. If I knew I was going to get 3-4 hp I would do it in a heartbeat. What would the difference be between a stock bike and a stock bike with an aftermarket pipe on it. I run just an outerwear over my air filter, have the cam, and have rejetted. I know those full systems are several bills and don't want to waste my money (I have already redone the front a arms and shocks). I would like to get a little more before heading to Sandfest. Any help would be appreciated.

kbass24emtp
06-21-2005, 10:23 PM
There is a big difference when adding a pipe. I have the same setup and I love it. Lots of power. You will not be dissapointed. Get It.

cals400ex
06-22-2005, 12:09 AM
yep, big difference. i added the hrc kit only too. i then added a full pipe and i noticed more by doing that than i initially did by adding the hrc kit.

Jonas
06-23-2005, 09:22 AM
good info, this is the question that I have been wanting to answer also. Have you seen any dyno proof of this or have you raced a buddy before and after? I just want to make sure that it is not just a seat of the pants feel but you have actually tested the difference. I have heard that it make very little difference except makes it louder, which "sounds" like your going faster. Any additional info on this would be great.

Also, which hmf slip on is considered the best to buy? Which one did they use in the pipe shootout?

cals400ex
06-23-2005, 09:30 AM
well i raced my buddy on his built 416 when i was bone stock. he was on an average about 1 bike ahead of me. after i put in the hrc kit and full sparks pipe i run around 8-10 bikes ahead of him when dragging. we are racing to around the middle of 5th gear from a stop. i don't know how much the pipe alone adds but i felt more of a difference with the pipe (probably because the cam was already in and it matched the cam well) than i did with the hrc kit. this setup has way more low end power than stock. i don't see how some say you will lose low end power by adding this hrc cam. that definately didn't happen for me.

MR.BIG
06-23-2005, 03:05 PM
The hrc kit works well but with the cam installed and then you put the pipe on it really brings the cam to life. I think installing both are the way to go. I agree with everybody though because I bought mine brand new with the hrc kit installed and it was quick but then when I put the pipe on it was like a different bike huge gain in power.

Jonas
06-23-2005, 10:36 PM
good info, I am especially interested in hearing about those of you that have raced a buddy with the full hrc kit and then added a aftermarket exhaust. Thanks

cals400ex
06-24-2005, 12:42 AM
i never raced a buddy after i installed the kit. i gained around 8-10 bike lengths with the cam kit and the pipe. i honestly wasn't too impressed with how it ran with just the cam kit. it was better than stock but not what i was expecting. i would guess that i gained around 1 bike length per gear after i added the pipe.