PDA

View Full Version : only one tire touches??

zeke83
06-21-2005, 04:53 PM
when i pick up my front end on my yfz the one tire comes off the ground first about an inch. while the other one is still touching the ground. I have quadrate elkas with dc-4 arms. everything is adjusted evenly. These are fairly new shocks, only 5 mx races on them. any suggestions???

06-21-2005, 06:09 PM
First i would take both shocks off and double check to make sure they are both the same length not saying anything against elka but we all are human we make mistakes. next while the shocks were off i would check the movement on your a-arms cycle them up and down to make sure you have no friction in them that nothing is sticking, sometimes this will hold up a shock from moving. and finally check rebound that is what basically controls that movement. let me know

schulte_85
06-22-2005, 06:00 PM
do you have a stock swingarm or an aftermarket? I had a friend who bought a houser for his and it was welded unevenly making the front-end uneven also.

06-22-2005, 07:07 PM
are you checking this on a level surface? just wonderingl...........

zeke83
06-22-2005, 08:12 PM
yeah i got a Houser swing arm..got it just a few months ago. How could i check if it is welded right?

i am checking it on a level concrete floor. I checked the shocks twice and the a-arms, they are all fine.

Out_Sider
06-22-2005, 08:48 PM
my friends yfz has a houser rear end and standard travel front end w/ works pro series and it does the same thing!

wicked400man
06-23-2005, 09:33 AM
im not knocking on houser but they must hold a grudge to welding their swingers straight, i had one on my 400 that was crocked,got sick of it and sold it on ebay