PDA

View Full Version : what to get first for a 300ex

trent5203
06-21-2005, 04:22 PM
ok im going to get a 300ex and i want to know what i should get first for it

hardkoratvmxr
06-21-2005, 04:52 PM
a-arms axle and suspension frotn and rear it might seem like to much but if you dont do it first when you start getting mods you will understand and the next thing you should get is lower tires front and rear and different gearing for those tires then gtet a pipe highflow air filter and rejet and you should be good to go and then all you have left to do is engine mods if you want to go into that but the 300exs suspension absolutely sucks in every condition so that should be the first thing you should replace.

bwamos
06-21-2005, 05:04 PM
What kind of riding are you doing?

Casual, Hard Woods, Sand Dunes, Race XC, MX, TT,???

Really depends on what you plan on doing.

IMHO on a 300ex.. is Filter, Pipe, Rejet.
Then save your money and do a full suspension job. (But at this point.. it's simply just cheaper to upgrade to a 400ex or 450r, and get those shocks revalved ;))

300ex_ryda
06-21-2005, 07:17 PM
get suspenion job then pipe tires and crap like that...it really matters on what kinda riding u r doing to!

badass250r
06-21-2005, 07:48 PM
well what i do i make a list of the stuff you want and the price then u buy the most exspensive 1st because you will never have that much to spend agen so shocks,axel,a-arms,steering damper

hondardr4life
06-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Definetly a good pipe. (Sparks, HMF/WB, Yoshi)

300ex_ryda, I see that you have a kickstart on your 300. Could you explain to me how you did that and how hard it was and how much it ended up costing you because I REALLY want to do this to mine. I hate e-start.

Cody_300ex
06-21-2005, 11:29 PM
If you dont have the option of getting a new quad, Get a White brothers header and a HMF slip-on, ITP holeshot rear tires, and a UNI filter. Then Get a .080 weisco 11:1 piston, stage 3 webcam, kibblewhite valve springs, & web hardened rockers. If you have the option to get a new quad get a used 400.

300exDust
06-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
If you dont have the option of getting a new quad, Get a White brothers header and a HMF slip-on, ITP holeshot rear tires, and a UNI filter. Then Get a .080 weisco 11:1 piston, stage 3 webcam, kibblewhite valve springs, & web hardened rockers. If you have the option to get a new quad get a used 400.

I see all this about upping the piston and boring out the cylinder....All I hear about after that is how these bikes lock up b/c they ride wheelies forever they won't flow oil fast enough. Happened to my buddies yfz450 the other day.....If you do all the engine mods there has to be a better oil flow mod of some sort isn't there? I don't know much but I know his locked up also b/c he has a high rev box mod too. Any further suggestions on the oil pump upgrade? or something?? :confused:

Cody_300ex
06-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by 300exDust
I see all this about upping the piston and boring out the cylinder....All I hear about after that is how these bikes lock up b/c they ride wheelies forever and the stock oil pump won't flow oil fast enough. Happened to my buddies yfz450 the other day.....If you do all the engine mods there has to be a better oil pump of some sort isn't there? I don't know much but I know his locked up also b/c he has a high rev box mod too. Any further suggestions on the oil pump upgrade?

No, you don't need a oil pump upgrade!:p The reason your friends YFZ piston stuck is beacause when in a wheelie all the oil in the oil tank flows to the back of the engine/tank. Doing so it could starve your engine from oil. No oil = stuck piston, or serve piston wall scaring. I run my quad HARD, I have those mods above execpt I have a .040 11:1 piston, and I had the jug and head decked .020. I have not ran into any problems as of yet and I have about 25 hours on it.

300exDust
06-22-2005, 10:41 AM
I know it sounds dumb lol, I know how gravity works! :D Just say'n there has to be something to help that out, I've had like 3 friends go down due to this. I'm sure it's more common than that.....I ride mine pretty damn hard also just gets me worried every now and again, uh oh better pull this wheelie down don't wanna run outta oil and kill my quad, ya know?

JRP
06-22-2005, 10:50 AM
i would go with suspension first then a arms then exhaust. On my 300 i put motorwork in first then i realized i was goin faster but my suspension couldnt handle it. so go with suspension first.

06-23-2005, 09:02 AM
get a pipe and filter ( def a K&N ) then remove all of that black plastic crap under the front fender remove the airbox lid ( unless your ridin some were really mudy or dusty then just put some panty hose over the filter, rejet your card and get new tires:D

bwamos
06-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by JRP
i would go with suspension first then a arms then exhaust. On my 300 i put motorwork in first then i realized i was goin faster but my suspension couldnt handle it. so go with suspension first.

Wasting money.. if you dont get the A-Arms at the same time as the suspension, because you will have to spend a couple hundred getting your shocks revelved for the +2 or +3 a-arms.