PDA

View Full Version : whys my blaster keep quiting

PowerMadd789XC
06-21-2005, 11:17 AM
well i was racn at a xc race about 2 weeks ago and i had the lead and i was running my quad fast and then about half ways in to the 1st lap my bike just starts sputering a little and it boged down and died. i sat there for about an hour tryin to get it started and i only got to complete 2 laps becasue of this . has any one had this proablam and could some please help me . i really would appriciate it . and the race this happen at was dry. also this weekend it started runnin funny so i had to quit becasue it would barly run right it seemed . thanks . please help.:D

hardkoratvmxr
06-21-2005, 11:47 AM
my friends does the smae thing but it is when it gets wet it has something to do with the throttle override or something like thaty

wantablaster
06-21-2005, 06:11 PM
well my blaster was doin that then the one day it did it the motor seized up on me i should be taking the motor apart by the end of the week to see what it is so i will let you know what it is.

300ex_ryda
06-21-2005, 07:26 PM
my 300ex does the same thing, i ride it really fast then i slow down shut it off and cant get it started.And this happened like in the middle of a race when i was in 1st.! I was totally shocked ,but i didnt get that bad on a place,7th.but it did take alot of spectaters to help and get it running again.

my dad told me it had something to do with the carb but i cant really remeber?:confused:

badass250r
06-21-2005, 07:41 PM
well i the 1st time i blew my blaster up i was riding it really hard for about 20minuts it shut off , we come to figure out that the motor was so hot the piston expanded in the cylinder and go stuck... but in that case u couldnt kick it over it felt sezied but i was the piston ur blaster is prolly the torse or its not getting all the air its should and is over heating

DvxDirtSlinger
06-27-2005, 12:51 PM
sounds like your running lean, running lean will make it run like hell but not for long