PDA

View Full Version : ramp dimensions????

user101
06-20-2005, 10:35 PM
does anyone have an idea of how long i need to a ramp to be if its about 6-7 feet tall for about a 50 foot or so gap. i want it to kinda throw me up in the air instead of throwing me for distance. also what is a good comfortabl width for quad ramps.

Jason1
06-21-2005, 02:22 PM
there is in no way any set dimension to be for length. each ramp design is totally different. but as a whole USUALLY ramps end up being approx twice as long as they are tall.

usually most stocks quads jump a 6 ft wide ramp. alot of guys with extended ones prefer a 7 or 8 ft wide one.

for what you want i would suggest a final angle of around 41 -42 degrees or so if you truely want full hang time from a 50 ft gamp. if not tame it down accordingly, for instance a 40 degree angle.

Warnerade
06-27-2005, 05:57 PM
is the angle your talking about the angle from the start point to the end point of the actual ramp?

user101
06-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Jason1
there is in no way any set dimension to be for length. each ramp design is totally different. but as a whole USUALLY ramps end up being approx twice as long as they are tall.

usually most stocks quads jump a 6 ft wide ramp. alot of guys with extended ones prefer a 7 or 8 ft wide one.

for what you want i would suggest a final angle of around 41 -42 degrees or so if you truely want full hang time from a 50 ft gamp. if not tame it down accordingly, for instance a 40 degree angle.

thanks for the help jason

12-06-2005, 11:19 AM
i have a 6 foot tall jump built like a supper kicker and its only like 5 feet long and u have to jump around 40 ft in 2nd gear