PDA

View Full Version : Elkas?

Punk'd
06-20-2005, 09:26 PM
I might be getting elkas and I want to know if there is any place to get them for a cheaper price and please list the price and how much would it run more for all three togther?

Thank you

06-20-2005, 09:43 PM
C&D racing will have the cheapest price most likely..

Punk'd
06-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Do you know there prices?

sampleez
06-20-2005, 11:04 PM
i talked to scott at wicked motorsports usa phone #775-910-9188 (he's pahrump on yfzcentral.com and yfztech.com) and he said he can get the elka's with no rezzies for about $450 and i think the ones with rezzies and comp adj for about $815-825 (i forgot exactly how much). i'd go through him. he's a really cool guy and he's really helpful.

i talked on the phone with him for a while and he said (to my amazement) that elka told him that if your not like an A class rider, it's not worth the extra $$ for the rezzies and adjustments, cause most people will never actually fade the shocks.

06-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by sampleez
i talked to scott at wicked motorsports usa phone #775-910-9188 (he's pahrump on yfzcentral.com and yfztech.com) and he said he can get the elka's with no rezzies for about $450 and i think the ones with rezzies and comp adj for about $815-825 (i forgot exactly how much). i'd go through him. he's a really cool guy and he's really helpful.

i talked on the phone with him for a while and he said (to my amazement) that elka told him that if your not like an A class rider, it's not worth the extra $$ for the rezzies and adjustments, cause most people will never actually fade the shocks.

well, for 1, that is more then retail from nac's, for 2, where did you get this no fade stuff, id love to c you say that to a XC racer even when hes beginner class going into the woods and not fading a shock when he is racing for 2 hours+, it is worth the money big time just for comp adjust, i would not take that advice, most people only use comp adjust, thats all i use on the front, no need for anything else really unless your A or AA(pro) but no ressies or adjustments unless your A is a bunch of BS :huh

sampleez
06-20-2005, 11:48 PM
i guess you know more than elka :rolleyes: i highly doubt an elka dealer would tell you to get the cheaper shocks when they'll make more money off the higher ones

06-20-2005, 11:49 PM
i guess you know more than elka :rolleyes: i highly doubt an elka dealer would tell you to get the cheaper shocks when they'll make more money off the higher ones

ya...im only sponsored by them, road them, talked to Yan, i guess i have no idea what im talkin about do i :rolleyes: :huh

sampleez
06-20-2005, 11:55 PM
whatever douchebag, that's just what i was told, and i was just tryin to help punk'd.

06-20-2005, 11:57 PM
whatever douchebag, that's just what i was told, and i was just tryin to help punk'd.

so was i, no need to call names, not very proffessional, im telling u that u were told the wrong information, maybe for mx u might be right, but for xc that is wrong info, shock adjustments are a huge thing

Out_Sider
06-21-2005, 10:18 AM
rezzies and comp adjust is about mandatory on the front of a quad, and rezzie w/ comp and rebound is mandatory on the rear.

whoever told you u don't need rezzies or adjustments on the front is incorrect. i too am sponsored by elka and i've talked to MANY people there, and all the ones i've talked to said rezzies were needed, and i had a set of works w/out rezzies and only doing 6 laps around a rough mx course the shock got so hot that it blew the screw in part out of the bottom of the shock body.. don't tell me you dont need rezzies

trick450r
06-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
ya...im only sponsored by them, road them, talked to Yan, i guess i have no idea what im talkin about do i :rolleyes: :huh

i agree with honda_racer ...i would never consider getting no rezzie aftermarket shocks....im sponsored by elka also so i have talked to them alot about shocks and options...and they have told me about totally oposite as they told you....