PDA

View Full Version : Nevada Racing?

WORCSYFZ199
06-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey I was wondering if any of you know of any local races near Vegas or within a couple hour drive, besides the BITD and SCORE races.

rmw7949
06-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Not real sure I'm from NORCAL but if you can get ahold of Nick Granlund he could probably help you out. Dont have any links or #'s but if you search the web you can get his website. I'm sure somebody on here has it. He's the man to talk to in Vegas

d kelley
06-29-2005, 12:06 AM
yfz199, it is hard to belive that in vegas there are 100 golf courses and no race tracks isnt it. the closest track i can think of is in mesquite nv. , BUT, they are closed for the summer and Im not sure how strong the atv entries are. there is also the sandy valley track that nic garland has been to ,BUT, they are closed also for the summer. Someone should put their heads together and open something up, how about in B.C. NV!!

400grl
06-29-2005, 07:43 AM
Looks like you guys should just make a weekend out of coming to AZ and riding! We have about 4 tracks within an hour from Phoenix that allow quads to practice/race on a regular basis.......

Except Jesse - he's from Reno....and that's QUITE the drive!! ;)

WORCSYFZ199
06-30-2005, 01:02 AM
Yeah I was just wondering, hey D kelly we should go riding together sometime, maybe I can teach you a few things ( and you could probably teach me some stuff too) lol, you should give me a call when you want to go (if you still have my number, if not give me a PM and I'll give it to ya). I have a cool little practice loop with all kinds of terrain and a few good jumps. If nothing else I'll see you at Monticello, its a nice track but its a ways away on that boring two lane road through nothing but fields of nothing, but the track is way cool, very cool motocross with lots of jumps and WIDE-OPEN field sections, it'll be fun.

400grl
06-30-2005, 08:02 AM
D-Kelly - if it was in Production B or 30+ B then it was me! :) We DO have it pretty good here in AZ.....plus we are only 5 hours away from Glen Helen and other tracks in Cali.

We will be in Utah!! :) (bringing my kiddos to this one!) Can't wait!!! I will even have suspension this time!! WOOHOO!!!

atvtrailrider
06-30-2005, 10:50 PM
Check out NDRA. I assume they are still racing in the area. Great local desert races.

Also, it is not too far to head down to some of the Whiplash races.

NGR
07-01-2005, 10:08 AM
I know it is realy bad here in vegas,there is over 20 mx/atv shops in town but no tracks.
There is a practice track i Henerson it's not preped but it's not to bad.
The mesquite track is realy good but Sandy valley are not letting us ride anymore,but if we can get a big group of quads to show up we might be able to get them to let us ride.
But both tracks are closed for the summer.
There is talk about the boulder city track it has been aproved by the city I think the crew from mesquite are working on it
For more info PM or call me

Nic Granlund
702-375-1837

d kelley
07-05-2005, 11:58 AM
whats up yfz199, i still have your number and will call soon to see when you guys are heading to monticello. I was able to go to the yamaha dealer show and talked to Bill Balance, he said he will try to race if his schedule is open. That would be cool to see him race against you pro and pro-ams. talk to you soon and hope we can hook up for the next worcs race.

CannondaleRider
07-05-2005, 02:29 PM
I know hardly anything about it, But SNORE stands for Southern Nevada Off Road Enthusiasts. They put on desert races, but like I said, I know nothing about it, so it may be just trucks & buggies.

I'll be at the Monticello race, with my team. It'll be cool to see Ballance and maybe Stoess race there. Thats if we stay for the Pro race(damn Monday), maybe i'll convince my teamates that we can just come home take a shower and go to work/school:ermm: