PDA

View Full Version : egg drop

rollie
06-20-2005, 03:16 PM
hey i have this project to do and there gonna throw 2 eggs off a 3 story building at school, i need ideas on how to make the eggs safe,
we cant use any packing material or food or liquids, i was thinking of just getting a shoe box and filling it with paper,

any ideas?

thanks

Mxjunkie
06-20-2005, 03:23 PM
I stuck mine in fluff ( in the container) , then put a massive amount of cotton balls around it and ducktape it lasted :cool:

You could put it in the shoebox and but a TON of cotton balls all over it, as many and you can pack in there.

Or, get a plastic egg, make a BIG ball of cotton ballls and ducktape around it so its light(not to much ducktape, then put the real egg in it.

Alberta_Qaudin
06-20-2005, 03:33 PM
50 gal. drum of water at the bottom, we had that stupid contest at school...cant use any type of packing material, doesnt way anywhere you cant put something down there for it to land in

bansheeguy77
06-20-2005, 03:58 PM
wow, this is goin back about 6 years. when i did mine i got one of those like 3 gal pretzel containers. put the egg in a baloon, put a lil water in it, put that baloon in another, put a lil more water in it, and so forth for about 5 baloons til it was pretty damn full, then filled the pretzel container full with water and duct taped the hell out of it. it just barely got a crack in it....teacher said it was a great idea just weighed too much...i agreed :o

stever25
06-20-2005, 03:59 PM
This is going years back, I'm now 29 years old.
I built a sling out of strong elastic bands that kept the egg suspended inside the shoe box. It worked !

I-7
06-20-2005, 04:00 PM
When I did mine like wow 8 so years ago I put the egg in a small cardboard box like one u would give a little gift in and it was surrounded in cotton balls and stuff then i put that box into a medium one with cotton balls in it and then the medium box into a bigger one, also surrounded with cotton balls.

2001400exrider
06-20-2005, 04:02 PM
take a foam ball and split it into 4 sections, put it back together with straws to attch the 4 peaices, and suspend the egg in the middle with rubber bands. i garentee it will be the lightest and work the best. my bro did the same project:D

rollie
06-20-2005, 04:50 PM
thanks for the suggestions guys, i ended up taking a cardboard box (6 inches by 6inches) then shreded massive amounts of news paper then took the 2 eggs raped them in goss the medical stuff until they where about 2 inches round, i hope it works:D

derekhonda
06-20-2005, 08:30 PM
get a kroger sack and make a parachute for it, it will still fall but it will slow it down a ton.

rollie
06-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
get a kroger sack and make a parachute for it, it will still fall but it will slow it down a ton.

cant use a parachute:ermm:

gojk
06-20-2005, 09:03 PM
I have seen people shove an egg in a jar full of peanut butter and throw it. The peanut butter blew up everywhere, but the egg was fine.

I would think the egg in a water balloon within something else full of water would work.

Pman485
06-21-2005, 12:24 AM
What I did was make a box out of straws and supported the egg by tieing strings to the cornors of the box, then make a nice shell type thing for the egg to sit in.

DeerNuts
06-21-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by nacsracer12
then took the 2 eggs raped them in goss the medical stuff until they where about 2 inches round:D

that's going to require a translation. cuz what Im thinking is....

06-21-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by DeerNuts
that's going to require a translation. cuz what Im thinking is.... im guessing here but for his sake i hope this is what he ment....i took two eggs, wrapped gauze around them untill it the gauze layer was 2 inches thick...:rolleyes:

red2004 TRX450R
06-21-2005, 10:22 AM
http://users.adelphia.net/~jberger5/eggdrop.html

or

DO a formula 1 racecar type thing there you build a safety container. Then build stuff around it (the car) when the "the car" wrecks it comes apart and in the process it absorbs a lot of the shock!!!

know what i mean