PDA

View Full Version : 400EX 2-inch Performance Exhaust Insert or else ????

xk47
06-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Hi,
since one year I checked this site and it is very interesting and you have good tips. I bought a 2005 400ex and i enjoy it now(Stock for now). So I decide to subscribe and to post my very first post.

This a simple question, i was surfing on ebay and i found this item : 400EX 2-inch Performance Exhaust Insert also 250EX.

And this other product that look the same with this title : Billet Power Tip for Honda 400EX / 400 EX ATV Exhaust.

Here's the link : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4557487836&category=43978&sspagename=WDVW

or : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4557362229&category=43978&sspagename=WDVW

See the describtion below, looks like interesting but i'm septical :ermm:

What are you thinking about???
Does it worth it because i doesn't mind to buy a 795$ can exhaust for that moment. Thank you in advance:cool:

bwamos
06-20-2005, 03:51 PM
It will help a little on the 400ex and 450r. Honda uses a "corked" endcap to tone down the ATV's (and motorcycles) in the US.

It will help improve the flow some and give you a little more power. (I'd replace the air filter and rejet at the same time.)

Just as a note: This is one of the things Honda replaces in the HRC kits.

Should work ok if your not wanting to shell out for a High-Performance pipe. It wont be near as good.. but better than bone stock. (will sound better without being obnoxious, too)

The first one looks like a better unit.
THe other one looks like the spark arrestor was an after thought.. and seems a little restrictive (the screen).

xk47
06-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Thank you for the response, that's what i taugh, the first one with a rejeting and a k&n filter could be a great low cost modification.;)

2004exrider
06-20-2005, 04:19 PM
the stock muffler is SO RESTRICTIVE it has 3 chambers in it that the exhaust has to flow thru, i dont think it will give you any notice of hp. i had my spark arrestor off out of boredum and it really didnt sound to good and i couldnt feel a difference in power. the best to do is to get a hmf slip on. not to expensive, sound great, and give pretty good power at the same time. should only run around $210-$220.:)

xk47
06-20-2005, 04:45 PM
For the moment, i bought a K&N filter and i'll remove the lid of the airbox and rejetting. I also bought the fitter for the exhaust just for the sound, i dont hope or expect for any hp gain. It remember me my old honda trx 350 4x4 1987... the exhaust was so restrictive that the head pipes was red in hot temperature and heavy workout days(too rich fuel). A cobra slip on megaphone(and a tuned up) solve the problem and gave me a great sound but fortunatly with no hp gain. Oh well, i heard of hmf slip on for 400ex in dirtwheel if i am right, 4 month ago or more and this was a great buy.

But i heard that the best full exhaust system on a 400ex was a whitebros e-series with the head pipes change.:)