PDA

View Full Version : fenders

EX400rider
06-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Where u take ur bike to get the fenders shaved?

06-20-2005, 03:21 PM
you do it yourself or buy maiers

Iliketogofast
06-22-2005, 08:55 AM
Don't buy Maiers, they suck. Just do it yourself. Get a sawsall or something with a reeeally fine toothed blade. Make marks on the plastic where you want to cut, bigger is better cause if you dont like it you can trim it down. You want to cut right along the line where the plastic starts to go out instead of curve up. When you get done sandpaper it with really fine grit paper. It will make it look like it came that way. Good luck.

06-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Don't buy Maiers, they suck wht sucks about the race cut ones

Iliketogofast
06-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Idk, never had em. But one of my riding buddies has a set of regular for his 300EX, and they sucked. They were flimsy, ugly, and they didn't mount up good enough. If this guys plastic is in good shape, why not just cut them, and if he doesn't like what he did, THEN buy Fullbores or Lakers or Maiers if he has a small budget.

06-22-2005, 09:08 AM
Idk, never had em. :rolleyes:

Trevor
06-22-2005, 09:08 AM
I wan't to see some pics of different styles of homemade cut front fenders on 300EX's. I have been thinking of doing it but I wan't to see something that I fall in love with. I wan't to try to make them look like fullbores!

Trevor
06-22-2005, 09:09 AM
like this I love this look

06-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Trevor
I wan't to see some pics of different styles of homemade cut front fenders on 300EX's. I have been thinking of doing it but I wan't to see something that I fall in love with. I wan't to try to make them look like fullbores! SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trevor
06-22-2005, 09:14 AM
I have and they all seem to be the same just hacked off with no real shape to them thats why I like the fullbores they look hot! But I don't want to fork over the $ for new fenders when mine are in good shape!

Ridin' Jesse
06-22-2005, 09:47 AM
they look hot!

sry lol .. :devil:

06-22-2005, 10:06 AM
I like the fullbores they look hot! settle down paris:rolleyes:

Trevor
06-22-2005, 10:34 AM
LOL good eye to pick that up LOL

06-22-2005, 10:36 AM
LOL good eye to pick that up LOL this kids starting to scare me:huh

Trevor
06-22-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm not a kid SMART ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-22-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm not a kid SMART ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok, this 26 year old guy is starting to scare me:rolleyes:

Trevor
06-22-2005, 11:14 AM
Thats better

Trevor
06-22-2005, 11:16 AM
1991 lol looks like your the kid there sunny

YFZ450Ridr
06-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Idk, never had em. But one of my riding buddies has a set of regular for his 300EX, and they sucked. They were flimsy, ugly, and they didn't mount up good enough. If this guys plastic is in good shape, why not just cut them, and if he doesn't like what he did, THEN buy Fullbores or Lakers or Maiers if he has a small budget.

if your going to say maiers suck, i figure you might as well tell it to pappy:rolleyes: seeing as your an expert and have never had them.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=153538

400grl
06-22-2005, 12:42 PM
This year's Maier's are excellent plastics - I have had the Shiny black Maier's on my YFZ for over a year - I have never broken a mount or cracked a tab until I was landed on just a few months ago - then I did break off a tab on my gas tank cover! The new Maier stuff is excellent - VERY close to stock in all ways....and the race-cut fronts look great.........Maier stuff is not the same junk they were putting out a few years ago - they are really good plastics.

06-22-2005, 01:38 PM
1991 lol looks like your the kid there sunny guys dont say lol:p

300ex73
06-22-2005, 01:57 PM
I bought Maiers because I didn't like the look of the FullBores, not because of my budget. Why pay $600 for fenders I don't like? I just went ahead and bought the Maier stock style and cut off the front fenders to get more of a flared up look. It'd be nice if Maier made them like this. But, oh well, I like how these look.

Iliketogofast
06-22-2005, 04:40 PM
I don't have to have owned them to know that they were poorly designed. For your information, I installed and tested the Maiers on my buddy's race 300EX. They were difficult to mount, and they made noises because they were so flimsy at the fenders that they hit stuff. They just weren't any good. If you have decent plastic now, cut it yourself. If not, put out for fullbores. The person I put them on for just wasn't happy with them. He would have preferred his stockers that I cut for him if they weren't so scratched up and zip tied together from cracks :blah: As to pappy, I didn't even know Maier had new plastics. Maybe they are better now. All I know (By experience) is that you get what you pay for, and I believe Maier plastics are the cheapest you can get. Anyways.... Heres a pic of my cut fenders, and how good they can look. It's a 250R, so it's not what you have, I just wanna give you an idea of what you can do for free.

Iliketogofast
06-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Oops... Here it is.

300ex73
06-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Maier basically changed all of their plastic from the old thin, flimsy, flat finished style to a heavier glossy plastic. And I had no problems bolting mine up. the only thing I had to do to get mine to fit, was to cut off the upper hood support part of the mounting bracket. Otherwise, they just bolted on. And as far as being flimsy, mine seem to be pretty tough. My rears barely move when I'm riding, so they don't make any noise.

Also, Maiers aren't the cheapest you can get. If I'm not mistaken, UFO plastics are, and they're worth about what you pay for.

400grl
06-23-2005, 04:24 PM
My Maier's bolted up perfectly - they also fit perfectly with my stock plastics......and yes, they are just as thick as stock, pretty much!

quad janern
06-23-2005, 05:28 PM
All Maier Dirt & ATV products are made of a new high-gloss polypropylene that is highly resistant to harsh chemicals and extreme weather conditions, providing high strength and durability characteristics. Maier products are trimmed using advanced 5-Axis Robotic CNC Routers and may be available in one or more of the colors on our color chart.