PDA

View Full Version : steering dampners and anti vibe?

duke416ex
06-20-2005, 10:44 AM
I was wondering who was running either steering stabileizers and antivibe bar mounts and how much they help? I know they do different things, but I was just wondering how each helped what they are made for. Oh yea, which brands does everyone use?

duke416ex
06-21-2005, 07:25 AM
No one runs these:confused:

Colby@C&DRacing
06-21-2005, 09:38 AM
The steering damper will help with bumpsteer or when you hit a rut and the bars want to jerk out of your hands. The antivibe stem will help with vibration

duke416ex
06-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Yea, I knew what each one did, I was just wondering how much they really helped. My hands are getting stiff and cramping in the race, and I was thinking bout antivibe stem or mounts, and I just see everyone running stabilizers and just wondered if they made a big difference on the bumpster or just helped a little.

Rico
06-21-2005, 11:48 AM
I run the classic Denton dampner and Houser antivibe stem and love them both.

They do help and are worth the money. Especially the dampner..

quad2xtreme
06-21-2005, 12:38 PM
I agree Rico although I only run the anti-vibe stem from Burgard on my 400ex. It definitely makes a difference. The FASST flexx handlebars might do the same thing.

If you do go with an anti-vibe stem, make sure you go +1 or the bolts will hit the gas tank cover plastic.

I ran a Scott dampner on my WR400. It makes a difference because you are exerting undue force to keep the steering straight when you hit a root, rut, etc. It adds up over time so this really helps relax your arms. I ride sitting down a lot more on the quad so I don't miss the dampner as much as I would if I were still on a bike.

/Jon

Brehmmotorsport
06-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Me and my team mate both run the pep rebuildable steering stabilizer. After running one in an endurance race you will not run without one again.

Dave400ex
06-21-2005, 10:32 PM
I run a Anti-Vibe Stem and Denton stabilizer as well. If your only going to buy one, get the stabilizer, but both do make a difference. I would love to try that new Precision Racing stabilizer, but at $485, the Denton works very well!

khen
06-21-2005, 10:36 PM
I run a stabilizer from a VW. I fabricated my own adjustable clamp for the steering stem(looks like the older non-rebuildable PEP). My arms and hands don't fatigue or cramp nearly as quickly as they did before. I highly recommend a steering stabilizer. :cool:

PimpC
06-22-2005, 11:41 PM
I have a roll design stem and was curious how well that gpr steering stabilizer works versus a cheaper style like the denton? It should have to work much better because it is like 300 more? but what is the real difference?

jesshamner
06-23-2005, 01:08 AM
Do stabilizers make it harder to turn. I have only ridden a quad with one for a short amount of time and I didn't really pay attention to how it turned.

Rico
06-23-2005, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner
Do stabilizers make it harder to turn. I have only ridden a quad with one for a short amount of time and I didn't really pay attention to how it turned.

Not when the quad is rolling. I keep mine jacked up all the way on the hardest setting.

sharkinthepool
06-23-2005, 06:49 AM
I run a baldwin anti-vibe clamp and a Denton Stabilizer. Which for Round track I do not need any more.

duke416ex
06-23-2005, 07:22 AM
sharkinthepool, that's a unique screen name, but any way, I pmed you aboht that stuff.