PDA

View Full Version : Twist Throttle

MXRACER86
06-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Ok here it goes.... ever since I started racing my yfz in motocross races I have been getting a blister on my thumb. A big one!! I tried switching to the honda throttle but still have no luck. So I think im gonna try a motion pro twist throttle. Which on should get?? 1/2 turn, 1/4 turn. vortex???? Which one would be the best for motocross? Anyone that could help me out, it will be much apprecated!

hardkoratvmxr
06-20-2005, 09:01 AM
before you do that try rotating your throttle upwards so the thumb part is more up that way you have a closer distance for your thumb to travel causing less friction in your thumb equaling less blistering

daddio
06-20-2005, 10:06 AM
the best one to get is the stock YZ450F throttle. push pull style. the stock carb dousn't have enough spring pressure to use a single cable style, safely.

MXRACER86
06-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by daddio
the best one to get is the stock YZ450F throttle. push pull style. the stock carb dousn't have enough spring pressure to use a single cable style, safely.

Im pretty sure the yfz has the most spring pressure out of any single carb!:eek2:

daddio
06-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
Im pretty sure the yfz has the most spring pressure out of any single carb!:eek2:
I was just passing along info that was told to me by Kory Ellis and team Yamaha.

MXRACER86
06-20-2005, 05:46 PM
ok....I believe ya,, thanks for the info:cool:

tido450
06-22-2005, 05:31 PM
i have a cr comp style twist, works really good. i would not get a push pull those throttles stick alot more than single cable, and i dont even know what purpose the push part has all it would do is kink the cable if it was really pushing. i would go with the turbo if i were you, my cr pro twists really far and requires me to adjust my hand on it. also if you will have to drill and tap your carb for the push cable to hook up

aci clay
06-30-2005, 02:22 PM
I've got the motion pro vortex and its works perfectly. I would never go back a thumb throttle again.

tgyolai
07-02-2005, 06:29 PM
i have a motiom pro 1/4 turn the thing works awsome never have to reposition my hand when using it

MXRACER86
07-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
before you do that try rotating your throttle upwards so the thumb part is more up that way you have a closer distance for your thumb to travel causing less friction in your thumb equaling less blistering

Hey, thanks for the info. I tried what you said and no more blister!!!! I just want to say thanks!:macho

WORCSYFZ199
07-15-2005, 05:08 PM
I use the motion Pro Vortex 1/4 turn and it really helps except it kinda sucks on courses like Lake Havasu that is 3 miles of 3-5 foot deep whoops cause when you get tired and go through deep whoops with it, its a harsh ride, but for like 20-30 minute motos it should be fine.