PDA

View Full Version : check frame for me?

insaneracin2003
06-20-2005, 07:32 AM
hey pappy,i just bought a 300ex roller and was getting it stripped down so i can send it to you.my question is ,at the bottom of the frame rite in front of where the motor mounts there is a doublesided plate that is on bottom and top of the frame.the bottom is rusted pretty bad through the bottom plate.is this repairable? i guess i would have to send the frame or at least get some pics for ya.let me know what ya need me to do.thanks....Paul

Pappy
06-20-2005, 07:10 PM
while it probably can be repaired, you may have to ask yourself is it worth it?

insaneracin2003
06-21-2005, 07:48 AM
well for a 20.00 dolla rolling chassis.i might have to say it is :confused: :ermm: .but i would like for you to check it for me.i guess.i might just part it out and see what i can get.

Pappy
06-21-2005, 11:35 AM
sorry, maybe i did not post what i meant clearly.

assuming the frame can be repaired and done so in a way that will assure a margin of safety (dont need a broken frame) then a repair could be worth it.

i can only assume that the frame has rust damage as per your post, and that is the area that would concern me the most. if it was merely for a project, a quad to knock around on then you would have to decide if the work or money spent would be worth it etc.