PDA

View Full Version : MhSC the dark side

yfz450xc
06-20-2005, 05:10 AM
Sorry for the long post
The MHSC Series needs to look alot more closely to what is going on around them.
There are more tracks with better rewards, better enforcement of rules, officers and land owners proud and excited to have them show up, and no power struggles going on with in the ranks.

This past weekend at the Seymour Mo race a upper class ATV rider was allowed to work for work average after his bike broke down , Last weekend at Warsaw Mo race another upper class rider was allowed to work after his bike broke down on the practice lap.

I was wanting to work the Seymour race so I called Spud the promoter 1/1/2 weeks in advance to see if I could work and I begged and pleaded to, but Spud said " No we dont need the help Sorry". Then another rider in B class called and asked Spud if he could work and was told the same thing, "Dont need the help"

Rule states a 2 week notice is to be provided or the promoters decrestion.
I spoke to the Bike scorer at the seymour race and he said sorry you have to see the promoter and again stated the same rule again, then I approached Spud after the race and
Spud said "Sorry but it's up to the promoters decrestion".
Then I spoke to the MHSC president that same day and he said "You know it's up to the promoters decrestion"
Fine ; I finally get the point that the PROMOTERS can descriminate towards any one they feel fit and they have the backing of the MHSC officers.

Why would upper class riders be allowed to work after their bike breaks down and lower class riders call in advance and told no ?

Spud said he did not need the help when we 2 lower class riders called in advance so why did he allow a upper class rider work at a last minute notice?

Why does the officers allow this to continue do they not take care of the riders who support them ?

And why are the promoters given so much authority over the officers ?

Are all these people on a big "Authority kick complex" ?

I have been in this series for 8 years now and have tried my best to promote this series, but i will NO longer give my hard earned time to promoting a series that does not keep it's practices fair.
This is not about me but about fairness in the sport not favors or who is who. All of those who got to work the previous races are friends of mine and i am glad they got to work they desrve it as do all the other's who wish to work at the last minute.
Finnally
I will no longer be passing around thank you cards for all of us to sign for the land owners.
I will no longer be writting race reports for this seires for the ATV magazine we ALL get free.
I will no longer be passing out these magazines we get for free.
I will no longer care who is mad at who or trying to constantly play referee between everyone.
And I will will no longer support a series who deals in unfairness and favortism , I do not want my 6 year old to be invloved in a Series with such practice's.
My last race this year will be the march of dimes for the cause it supports and I will be WORKING the Florence race after that I am done this year. Next year I dont know unless rules are changed; then I will not be back next year either.
This is not about me it is about What Is Right and protecting my son from the Dark side of racing.
Wake up MHSC you can no longer live off of your reputation look around you, see the other sreies look at the numbers droping, you have work to do if you are not willing to do the work then step down get out of the way and let those who still care about the sport take over.
With much regret i write this I trulely loved this seires but the wind has been taken out of my sail like so many this year.
Scott B Johnson
No class ranking any more

hicksd
06-20-2005, 08:09 AM
Scott I felt bad about what happened (I was allowed to work at the last minute). However, when I talked to Spud it was closer to the beginning of the race and a few of his workers didn't show up. At this point I walk up to ask to work for a work average and I'm granted that option after my swingarm broke on the practice lap. I did mention you to Spud at that time and he said he would let you work at that time, becuase he was in a bind. Hopefully you remember letting you know that now Spud said you could work and you stated that after all the efforts to get the back-up quad going you would race. I 100% agree with you that this in an unfair rule. I honestly felt bad for being allowed to work the race after you were told 1 1/2 weeks earlier you could not work the race. I did go ahead a work it because a competitor in my class was allowed to do the same thing at the prior round. Like everyone else I just want to have the same opportunity as my competitors. I don't know if this post helps or doesn't. I would like you to reconsider doing away with your efforts going forward, those efforts made to make the serries better up to this point in the season. I have been impressed with your time and energy to make the series better. You have done a great job of representing the series whether it be via newspapper write ups, thank you card for the promoters, etc. all the efforts are greatly appreciated.

yfz450xc
06-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Dave I am sure you did tell me and I am sure it just didnt sink in at the time and thanks for all the words it's just fustration and I am tired of having to suck it up.
Everyone should be allowed to work if they want to regardless of the time frame.
Dave you and all those you run with are abosolutely great guy's and terrffic sportsmen.
Just keep on runing hard ole buddy I will be in Illinois for awhile with the boy after this one this weekend.
See you at last years winner of the race of the year March of dimes.
Scott:D

jgfarmsracer
06-20-2005, 12:26 PM
IOWA IOWA IOWA IOWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.iatvhss.com

06-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
Dave I am sure you did tell me and I am sure it just didnt sink in at the time and thanks for all the words it's just fustration and I am tired of having to suck it up.
Everyone should be allowed to work if they want to regardless of the time frame.
Dave you and all those you run with are abosolutely great guy's and terrffic sportsmen.
Just keep on runing hard ole buddy I will be in Illinois for awhile with the boy after this one this weekend.
See you at last years winner of the race of the year March of dimes.
Scott:D

i agree

burrows
06-20-2005, 01:53 PM
You can count on one hand how many races we have been to cause of the unfairness with the MO. Series. We love and enjoy the Iowa series. Untill there are alot of changes done and new officers we won't be back either. So Scott,, truck your body to Iowa and have fun with us. You will see a BIG difference...Sure we have some problems up there but they are worked out but nothing like in Mo.

geogeorge
06-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Scott is it fare for someone to cheet and win a race? yet it happens and we go on. Is it fare for some to have sponcers and others not to? Yet we go on.

I'm sorry you feel cheeted and that you were treated unfarely. I'm sorry your not going to be doing the things you have been doing. Please give me a call with the info and contack so I can pick up the ball and keep going.

Almost everyone that races has had something happen were they feel cheeted or treated unfarly. We blow off steem and move on. This post will not change anything. Comeing to the November meeting, join a club, try to get a races and be a promoter will change things.

I'm glade you will be at the march of dimes and I'm glade you will work the poor boys races. Give it some thought WE have put to much in to this for years to just give up. You knew it would not be easy. But then again anything worth working for is never easy.

honda250Xer
06-20-2005, 03:03 PM
I say you all go to Iowa :D it is fare as fare can be and not tometion a lot of fun well give it a shot whats to lose Broc Bromley

Yamaha Warrior 99
HMF s/o
PRM Summit bumper
Moose Bars w/ Oury grips
Razrs all around on Douglus in the rear
over sized carb

Thanks to PRM
and Dirtshack if it werent for DS I prolly wouldn't have a running quad!!!!!!!!

Rdogg450
06-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by jgfarmsracer
IOWA IOWA IOWA IOWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.iatvhss.com

Change the races to Saturdays and many may consider..... Too far of a drive for me on Sunday then to go to work on Monday.
I know it's a nice series though.:cool:

jgfarmsracer
06-20-2005, 06:23 PM
i don't see that happin'

i love sunday racin'

bjones
06-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Scott, I will say you are right about working races everyone should have a chance. That is why I,m a firm beleiver that the work average rule should be done away with all together and I will be discussing this with Greg and Tom in our spare time around the camp site this week. I really hate to see another good friend and competitor leave the series. GOOD LUCk and hope to see you back soon

Bryan Jones
MHSC 430

burrows
06-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by jgfarmsracer
i don't see that happin'

i love sunday racin'

We like the Sunday racin' also........mommab

Johnny & Monica
06-20-2005, 08:49 PM
We like Saturday and Sunday races:D :D

It just sucks that each race has a different promoter. That leaves to much discretion to them to decide amount of trophys and stuff nothing is consistent and it hasn't been since forever. We'll just do better to pick and choose the races to attend that really work hard to welcome the atv's and those that don't well their attendence will be down and it will be their loss that they didn't get to meet us wonderful atvers

the Z Man
06-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Ditto, Z # 6 IATVHSS

yfz450xc
06-21-2005, 04:36 AM
You know in another 2 weeks this will all be forgotten and no one will care any more you will here things like what happen to that one guy or where did whats his name go , it's a fact of life it happens, but what is at stake is not so much a stand for a pity party but to show how I want my son to be "As Fair as possible "
in life and treat others as they treat you, if it is unfairness then give it back to them and walk away a man, if it is kindness then thank them and let others know of thier deeds.
I know a lot of silly words for a bunch of ATV racers but this sport has always been more than just a bunch of ATV racers for me , as many dont know also on my spare time I put alot of work in a MX club with district 18 and trying to promote ATV racing there as well
so you see alot of my time is ATV Racing.
Besides the real hard part is when the boy asks me this weekend why I am not racing anymore Mo races this year and I have to explain right and wrong to him so you see that is the hard part the rest is easy.
I will stand by my decision's and be able to hold my head high around my family and friends because if I dont, then I am a hipocrit and a wind bag; which I am not.
See you all at the dimes;)
P.s I have the last batch of papers to give out as well and Johnny if you all need some for the Iowa race let me know I will give you a bundle.
Scott B Johnson

Lime400EX
06-21-2005, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by the Z Man
Ditto, Z # 6 IATVHSS

I know that I haven't been to alot of the races this year. The first race was in Lebanon. Big mess that was over the atvs and bikes.
As stated months ago, we can start our own series or we can try to fix this one. It cost too much to chase the GNCC series and I agree on the Iowa series needs to be on Saturday. Lets remember how much fun it is to own a quad and to race. I really don't care if I win or loose. I just enjoy seeing and meeting people. If anybody would like to try and start a new series, look me up. My name is Rob Grigsby and I will be driving a new 2006 red Ford F250 Supercab. My quad is "Bryan Baker" green. I have to say this series gets more attention than others.

06-21-2005, 10:50 AM
i wish they were saturday, its a long drive for me to start with, not to mention having to work or somethin the next day

79400ex
06-21-2005, 11:27 AM
One question, how many have actually worked a reace? I have done short notice and one week notice before., At Columbia round I broke down practice and worked the race on short notice. However, they wanted me to work on sunday also and I couldn't because I had to work and couldn't get there until 1 pm. I have worked a lot of races during my racing carrear. Most of them were short notice at the races. I know promotor that will take any help for their race. It is newark round.

Rdogg450
06-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Saturdays just make more sense thats why I like the mhsc. :cool:
Wusses like myself need Sunday to recuperate before the lovely work week.:rolleyes:

shep
06-22-2005, 07:20 PM
:chinese: Its time to quit whinin and Cryin and run what ya brung !!!!It is not going to change

Johnny & Monica
06-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by shep
:chinese: Its time to quit whinin and Cryin and run what ya brung !!!!It is not going to change

Amen..

yfz450xc
06-23-2005, 04:37 AM

Your right Jamie it probably wont change then if it dont then it can keep rolling down the road w/ out me, You know how much time is spent trying to do things that keep a series going and if the "Series" dont see that then they are done and dont even know it yet.
I'll be in Illinois next year if things dont change that is for sure and will even be looking up north towards Iowa for a couple.
Like I said before in 2 weeks everyone will of forgotten about all this until november meeting and they will talk and argue about word phrases and this race and that and nothing will change.
But hey lets go racing, " In Illinois and Iowa ":blah: :blah:

shep
06-23-2005, 04:51 AM
:bandit: these are all of a few reasons why im taking a good break,and your right in a few weeks every one will have foregotten this and moved on to new complaints,thats how the vicios cycle of the MHSC works !! I ,gotta go to work ,talk to you guys tonight!!

jdwxv3
06-23-2005, 04:55 AM
The last Missouri race only had 85 or so racers. That is 100 racers down from the first couple races. If the March of Dimes Race has a low turnout then we all know the series is in big trouble. I personally will keep racing because I never have enough time to race all the races and be in for the points battle anyway. But belive me if I lived in Iowa or any other surrounding state I would just stay there. WIth the low turn outs lately the A class has not even been any fun:( I think I am just gonna race C next year at least it is full of people:D

hardrider6976
06-23-2005, 11:17 AM
I race the arkansas harescramble championship series. www. ahscs.com.
We have been trying for the last few years to increase attendance for our atv races. I hear all the time about how the missouri series has so many quads at each race and we have on average 20 to 40 quads per race. our promotors have really been trying to accomodate the quad riders. we changed race day to saturday, race for 2 hours, do giveaways at some of the races, really nice trophies or plaques, and we have end of year awards to reward all racers who race the minimum amount of races required. we also have the 2 weeks notice for workers, but we seem to be extremely lenient on that rule. mainly because the racers that we have all plan to race and if they do have problems before the race starts then the promotor will normally allow them to work the race. But again we do not have the numbers that ya'll have. I'm sorry that ya'lls series does not treat you with the respect that racers deserve.

Any suggestions on how to increase our turnouts would be greatly appreciated. If any of you ever want to make the drive to one of our races, we'll welcome you with open arms and congratulate you on your race.

Rdogg450
06-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Does the Arkansas series have a website?????
All kinds of options pouring in for next year....cool:)

06-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Rdogg450
Does the Arkansas series have a website?????
All kinds of options pouring in for next year....cool:)

damn if u guys r gonna drive that far pick me up on the way lol :macho

shep
06-23-2005, 05:15 PM
:bandit: I love to go to new places and race and meet new people, the only problem is if your going to drive 8 to 9 hours you may as well go to a GNCC, as far as MHSC the probs have been the same for as long as i can remember there is no changing most of them and all the people on hear talking about them makes it worse and were the ones that have raced for years and now how it works,newer riders still have a blast in the serries why cant we just race and have fun?

DJJ450r
06-23-2005, 05:47 PM
^^^ What he said:D

5valves
06-23-2005, 06:38 PM
:bandit: I love to go to new places and race and meet new people, the only problem is if your going to drive 8 to 9 hours you may as well go to a GNCC, as far as MHSC the probs have been the same for as long as i can remember there is no changing most of them and all the people on hear talking about them makes it worse and were the ones that have raced for years and now how it works,newer riders still have a blast in the serries why cant we just race and have fun?

Thats what I am talking about. Its all about a bunch of friends getting together and having fun.
Not all this BS. Like I said this crap goes on everywhere.
Just be happy there is MHSC racing. We dont have Poop for xc quad racing in KS.

SHEP400EX
06-23-2005, 07:00 PM
i was the b rider who called in to spud the wednesday before the race and he said he didn't need the help and when i got to the race to sign up i asked him again and he said no he was good and then after practice he let that upper rider work after he had broke down during practice. i agree with scott it should be equal if someone calls in advance they should be able to work. as far as the 2 week notice i don't know- i mean alot of times at the last minute people fail to show up to help but there needs to be a way to make it fair for all. but what do i know on another note for those of you that don't know the rules you cannot switch bikes during a race- if people need to win that bad they need to cheat then they don't deserve to racing

jdwxv3
06-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Yea switching is illegal, didnt know it now I do. Saw a bunch of people switching at park hills in front of the scorer table and some post on here so I figured it was legit. I never sat down and read the rule book. I just thought of it like this I was having no fun and mitch was so go ahead and take my quad bro. Opps bad idea:uhoh: plus he lost my mud caps and bent my nerf bars so much for taking it easy on you loving brothers quad:eek2: Later

shep
06-23-2005, 08:01 PM
:bandit: MHSC might as well take that rule book and wipe their brown eye with it,cuz the rules very from track to track and race to race,racer to racer ,its been that way for 10 years and prolly always will be!!! and ive been on both sides of that!!!

SHEP400EX
06-23-2005, 09:07 PM
i agree with you shep.! josh i don't mean to be rude but mitch just seems like he will do whatever to win. like at the last race he cut the course on the first lap less than 2 minutes in the race. i don't want him to be pissed at me for telling on him and him putting me into a tree cuz for the most part i really enjoy racing him on days when we are both at our best and our bikes are doing good. he can be a great racer to race with, but we are racing for points so lets keep it fair.

jdwxv3
06-24-2005, 02:34 AM
SO now your saying Mitch cut the course as well hugh......interesting being that he has been a dominant force all year in the B class and was acctually thinking of moving to A. And hell ya he will do anything to win as long as he keeps it safe maybe you are being the unsportsman one here. He dont have to cheat to win and that is not the way we do it. I am VERY OFFENDED WHEN YOU SAY CHIT LIKE THAT. If you say he cut the course why would you not protest him? Besides he was not even winning the entire race. How dare you say these types of things what a sore loser. I had absolutly no problem with you before that statment but all you seem to be to me is a winny guy who crys when he does not get his way. Yea so we switched quads.....we thought it was legal and it was not he got docked his lap and got last, big deal but now you say he cut the course by 2 mins. Come on!

Lime400EX
06-24-2005, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by SHEP400EX
i was the b rider who called in to spud the wednesday before the race and he said he didn't need the help and when i got to the race to sign up i asked him again and he said no he was good and then after practice he let that upper rider work after he had broke down during practice. i agree with scott it should be equal if someone calls in advance they should be able to work. as far as the 2 week notice i don't know- i mean alot of times at the last minute people fail to show up to help but there needs to be a way to make it fair for all. but what do i know on another note for those of you that don't know the rules you cannot switch bikes during a race- if people need to win that bad they need to cheat then they don't deserve to racing

The 2 week notice is crap. If the races are every other weekend and you bust your quad at the race. Then the 2 week rule is out when you call the promotor on Monday. I know some of theses races are 2 weeks apart. I think if you are running every race and break down, you should get to work at least 1 race no matter what. People are alway need at bottlenecks and mud pits to help stuck quads out.

MLWERDE
06-24-2005, 06:38 AM
Tony I take great offense when you say i cut course. I have never cut course racing. And when somone comes out and tells me, on the internet, that i cut course it really pisses me off. I dont need to cut course to win. I have worked hard and rode countless hours to get where im at and im not going to let somone ruin that.

yfz450xc
06-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Tony , Mitch Chill :D
Lets just make the best of it this weekend and forget all about this topic and stay sportmen and competitors.
Most of this is me w/ these issues and taking a stand up to MHSC
for they REALLY need to realize that we ATV MHSC racers have a voice as well and we need that voice to be heard that is why WE need to stick together.
We all are use to being black sheep it comes w/ the sport of ATv racing, but it also makes us stronger letting others know we wont stand for the LACK of committment to the sport of ATv racing.
Besides I am older than both of you and still look better:blah:
See you all at park hills
Scott B Johnson:D

Rdogg450
06-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Maybe the Mhsc should split you guys up like put Tony in B-Vet.........lol:macho

IOWAracer
06-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey guys look at it this way you drive a little farther you have a little more fun:D and you get a LOT more out of it is fair in Iowa no BS you will love it the plaques are sweet and you get tons of stuff in the goodie bags not to metion great competion and new friends that is just my input. Broc Bromley #128

1999 Yamaha Warrior
HMF S/O
Moose bars w/ Oury grips
PRM Summit bumper and Desert Grab bar
RAZR's all around
oversized carb
hopefully new yfz shocks soon

Thanks to PRM, Dirtshack if it werent for you guys I wouldnt ahve a running quad, and Schawzweis farms and Mier Ranch if it werent for you i wouldnt have the money to pay Dirtshack

balls2da-wall
06-24-2005, 08:26 PM
Iowa, we've got alot more to offer than just corn:p

IOWAracer
06-24-2005, 09:17 PM
Hey dustin are you goin up early or do you know yet you can pit with me if you wanna talk to you at the race Broc BRomley PS Did my movie get sent out

balls2da-wall
06-24-2005, 09:38 PM
If you happen to be considering checking out the Iowa Series but dont want to drive all the way may I suggest the series DVD's.

In order from round one to round 4...12$ a piece...PM if interested.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/DustinSchuldt/cpverprintinggood.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/DustinSchuldt/FinalCovercopy.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/DustinSchuldt/JEPEGCOVER.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/DustinSchuldt/ffsdgsdgc.jpg

burrows
06-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Wow!!! Am I ever so glad we are not racing the Mo. series anymore even though I give 100% back-up to Scott. I have seen it done in more times than one. As far as last yr at Park Hills the guy that kept switching quads was already broke down and the score keepers knew it so he was just out having fun. That is why he was on different quads. No points only on his true start at the line quad. So don't get upset about that ordeal.

The reason we race on Sunday is so many people work on Saturday so to keep the numbers up racing on Sunday is the best for Iowa. Seen the numbers go down in the MO. series when they did that change also. Works good for us. Love the Sunday racing. Hang in there guys it will all work out. Do miss ya all. mommab