PDA

View Full Version : atv insurance

rebelex300
06-19-2005, 11:43 PM
does anyone here have insurance on their quad, is it worth it, who has the best insurance for quads???need to know thanks.

YFZ450Ridr
06-19-2005, 11:51 PM
i have some on mine. my parents pay like 100 a year for insurance, but i forgot the company. its relitively cheep.

06-20-2005, 12:50 PM
its worth it if it gets stolen, or damaged in a fire/accident ect.. and if you hit someone and they sue you its a must to have. for the 16 and over quads u really do have to be 16 to ride it if u want them to cover and damnage while riding the quad b/c insurence looks for any reason not to pay if something happens

aviator4
06-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Heck yeah I have insurance! I have it on all 5 of my quads. It's cheap, like $34 every 6 months through State farm when combined with 2 vehicles and a home insurance policy.

Seen too many quads get stolen not to have it.

Rico400
06-20-2005, 01:59 PM
we go threw progressive and its like 20 for both quads. i think its worth it, u really wont notice 20 bucks a month from ur paycheck. but when ur quad is gone u gotta spend a few grand

gpd005
06-20-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm an insurance agent and this is something that i ask everyone who comes in if they have a quad of dirt bike do they have insurance on it! The cost isn't bad and it's nice to know that if your responsible for an accident you won't have to pay for all of the damage. Some people think it's covered under their homeowners policy. But for most of us that would not be true. With the company i write for it is only covered if it is used for up keep of the property, and as hard as i've tried i actually use my quad to tear up my property. So i carry a policy on it! It's a really good idea!

bansheeguy77
06-20-2005, 05:29 PM
so does it cover if you total it and wreck it? or just for theft and fires?

aviator4
06-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Sorry, I misquoted its' $72 to ensure all 5 quads for 6 momths with full coverabe and no deductable, thats not each, thats for ALL of them through State Farm.

now THAT is cheap! It covers theft, fire, flood, accidents (including when it's on a trailer being taken to and from its' destination), it also covers me if I do damage to property with the quad (like wreck into another bike, or it falls off the trailer and totals a car etc.) Basically, it coveres everything. and thats REPLACEMENT COST, not ACV of the quad, which is good because I've got some serious dough wrapped up in my 400EX.

Of course, if I roll it and total it... once I am out of the hospital
:D they will replace it and all the aftermarket parts to get me back riding.