PDA

View Full Version : Bill Balance Track

Mr. Wiggles
06-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Someone please tell me what is so great about Bill Balance Track?
I hear people all the time "man thats the best track i've ever raced." Whats so great?:confused:

hardkoratvmxr
06-19-2005, 09:07 PM
bill ballance made it duh lol:D

Warnerade
06-19-2005, 09:11 PM
you ever seen huevos 7? its in the jones section.

YFZracer#450
06-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
you ever seen huevos 7? its in the jones section.

I thought that in the Ballance scene, that was his track. Hmm.. Yea, that's what makes it so better! Ballance made it!!!!!!

Warnerade
06-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by YFZracer#450
I thought that in the Ballance scene, that was his track. Hmm.. Yea, that's what makes it so better! Ballance made it!!!!!! its the same track....listen to the directors commentary.

YFZracer#450
06-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
its the same track....listen to the directors commentary.

Oh, I never did do that...

smr
06-20-2005, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Wiggles
Someone please tell me what is so great about Bill Balance Track?
I hear people all the time "man thats the best track i've ever raced." Whats so great?:confused:

simply put...it's great for quads because it's so wide you can pass any where on the track...

Most MX tracks where built to cater to dirt bikes. This track was designed with input from people like J.Jones and Bill Ballance.

just look at the pictures.

duke416ex
06-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Just a little note, it's not really Bill's track, it's his uncle. Bill has a lot to do with it, he just isn't the owner of it.

jesshamner
06-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Yes, his younger uncle John owns it. It was designed by Bill. The track is really nice but I haven't been to enough mx tracks to know if its the nicest. I do know that everything can be cleared on a quad and there are several people doing it on a regular basis. They prep the track and have a nicely structured practice day. The track is turning out pretty big crowds for such a new track. I believe John said that on the season opener weekend, he had 135 entries (bikes and quads) on Saturday and 95 on Sunday. This was the 4th race ever. They have quite a few races left and are supposed to be racing under lights. Come out and see for yourself how nice this places really is.

smr
06-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey Jesshamner..where you been? Hey I just wanted to let you know that we are all going to Paddy's Bluff the 1st and will be coming back on Sunday night.

They had another good turnout this Saturday night. I think John expected more but he isn't doing bad for the first year.

jesshamner
06-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey man I have been around. Work and class keep me pretty busy but I have managed to get out to ballance's a couple times to practice. Too bad they didn't have practice last tuesday though. I'm going to try to make it out there tomorrow night for a little practice. I don't know if I'll be able to go to PB on the first. I'm going to try to get a few days off work but I bet some full time people will take that week off. There's no telling if I can get off until the friday of the week before. I'll definitely let you know. I have wanting to get some trail riding in but I just can't find the time to travel to some trails. Are you going to Ballance's on tomorrow night?

smr
06-20-2005, 08:11 PM
we want be there tomorrow night. I ran the midsouth race yesterday and I'm still filling the pain. We are gonna take a few weeks off and just trail ride. We will be back the week after the 4th.

Mr. Wiggles
06-20-2005, 08:40 PM
So what bill balan designed it. why does that make it so great? would it be the same if it was bigbird track but lokked the same? No. Have you ever been to the track in Crawfton?
There is a race at Balance track this coming weekend. I havent figured out when but i'll be there.

jesshamner
06-20-2005, 09:35 PM
What is your deal? Why are you so negative? It really is a nice track. It may not be as nice as others but who cares. Come to the track tomorrow night from 4-9 and try it out. You can't say that it isn't a nice track until you ride it.

smr, how are you doing in the midsouths? How's the summer camp turnout? As good as the winter series? Are you doing any trail riding during the week locally?

smr
06-21-2005, 07:21 PM
So what bill balan designed it. why does that make it so great? would it be the same if it was bigbird track but lokked the same? No. Have you ever been to the track in Crawfton?
There is a race at Balance track this coming weekend. I havent figured out when but i'll be there.

I agree with Jesshamner...what is your deal. And for your information I live 16 miles from the track in "crawfton" I think its a really good track. I am just saying that Ballance's track is better. It was built by a man that knows how a quad mx track should be.

And just for the record it's spelled Crofton and Steve Ezell is a good promoter..he listens to the quad racers and does a fine job. Thats why he has been in business as long as he has. He and John have worked together and provided the folks in Ky with some great MX raceing.

The race this weekend is on Sunday. It's part of the western ky state championship races. We are not running that series so we want be there. I wish I could but we are about to run out of $ and I have to draw the line somewhere.

Jesshamner...I had to work late so we didn't make it up to practice. I raced the Midsouth race last weekend and had a blast. That was my first one of the summer series. I got lucky and came out with the win in 30 + C. We had 14 in our class and most classes had a really good turnout for a summer series. I don't know how many more I will get to race this summer (my son's racing comes first). I didn't sign up for points but I should be at most of the races that don't conflict with ballance and "crawfton".

Mr. Wiggles
06-21-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm not trying to be negative i'm simply trying to say just because a pro desinged it doesnt make it all that. I never said it wasnt a nice track. I just said whats the big deal.

Warnerade
06-21-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm not trying to be negative i'm simply trying to say just because a pro desinged it doesnt make it all that. I never said it wasnt a nice track. I just said whats the big deal. have you sen h7...its a kick *** track...it could easily be a place to hold GNC's there.

smr
06-22-2005, 05:23 AM
I'm not trying to be negative i'm simply trying to say just because a pro desinged it doesnt make it all that. I never said it wasnt a nice track. I just said whats the big deal.

Not many tracks are built with input from the quad pros. John did just that when he designed the track. He spent about two years planning and building one of the best tracks in the country. It's not good because a pro designed it...it's good because it's good.

Mr. Wiggles
06-22-2005, 10:53 AM
thats my point. its a good track but its not the best. and i never said it wasnt a good track. but everyone makes a big deal because it is desinged by a pro. anyone with good skill and knows what there talkin about and has some racein in em can desing a good track.

NacsRacero27- No i have never even heard of h7. Where is it located at?

Warnerade
06-22-2005, 11:27 AM
NacsRacero27- No i have never even heard of h7. Where is it located at? Huevos 7...its a movie.

Mr. Wiggles
06-22-2005, 02:59 PM
like i said ive never even heard of it so i didnt know what it was.

smr
06-22-2005, 07:21 PM
thats my point. its a good track but its not the best. and i never said it wasnt a good track. but everyone makes a big deal because it is desinged by a pro. anyone with good skill and knows what there talkin about and has some racein in em can desing a good track.

NacsRacero27- No i have never even heard of h7. Where is it located at?

Mr Wiggles I don't know you but I am lead to believe that we live in the same area of the country. So I will say this. Witch track is the best is a matter of opion. I have been to sevrel national tracks and I have been to just about every local track in western Ky. So with that said I will not declare ballance mx track the best in the world but I will say it's may favorite. This is only my opion. You can pick your favorite track and I want bash you for it...I respect your opion. Now I do want to ask you this question...have you ever race a MX track and where do you usually race at? What is your favorite track?

Now answer the question and get off daddy's computer so he can ballance his check book...

Mr. Wiggles
06-22-2005, 09:03 PM
yea you can have your on opion and i acn have mine. and yes i have raced and am planning on racing more. no i havent been all over and raced every where. half the time we just race for fun. i've raced at Crofton a couple time but i am looking for more places to race where there arent a bunch of jack***es. we have a track out in our field where we get people together and race for fun. and this is my computer.
Now i have a question for you. what county do you live in?

jesshamner
06-22-2005, 09:20 PM

He's definitely from Kentucky. Only kentuckians go by counties.

racerxxgncc
06-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
He's definitely from Kentucky. Only kentuckians go by counties.
That is some funny chit right there I am from Kentucky and I have never thought of it like that but YOU are with out a doubt correct. And I am from Clay Co. no good mx tracks there but theres a track in Laural Co. (London) Mr. Wiggles ever heard of that place?

jesshamner
06-23-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by racerxxgncc
That is some funny chit right there I am from Kentucky and I have never thought of it like that but YOU are with out a doubt correct. And I am from Clay Co. no good mx tracks there but theres a track in Laural Co. (London) Mr. Wiggles ever heard of that place?

I'm actually from Indiana. You can tell I'm not from KY by looking at my location...Bowling Green, KY...not Warren County. :D

smr
06-23-2005, 05:44 AM
yea you can have your on opion and i acn have mine. and yes i have raced and am planning on racing more. no i havent been all over and raced every where. half the time we just race for fun. i've raced at Crofton a couple time but i am looking for more places to race where there arent a bunch of jack***es. we have a track out in our field where we get people together and race for fun. and this is my computer.

I really think you know who I am but to ad humor to this thread i will answer the question

Todd County...I live in the Stringtown comunity.

I showed you mine so you wanna show me yours?

duke416ex
06-23-2005, 07:36 AM
Well, I'm from Butler Co., bout 10 minutes from jesshammer, so what about a bunch of ppl from here at ballance's track at once? I might come out of my motox retirement for one race:devil:

jesshamner
06-23-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm there every Tuesday if I can be. I don't race there much since I have very little mx experience. I'm a xc racer and since I don't have any better places to ride, I just work out on their mx track. Its definitely a workout.

Mr. Wiggles
06-23-2005, 09:07 PM
well that really narrows it down to a lot f ppl. Man i know all kinds of ppl from stringtown. what kind of quad u got? that'll help a lot. Theres nothing wrong with being from Kentuck.
I couldnt tell you if i've heard of Clay Co. or not but i might have.

smr
06-24-2005, 05:34 AM
well that really narrows it down to a lot f ppl. Man i know all kinds of ppl from stringtown. what kind of quad u got? that'll help a lot. Theres nothing wrong with being from Kentuck.
I couldnt tell you if i've heard of Clay Co. or not but i might have.

Well, where do you live?

I have a 250r for MX and a 400ex for XC

My wife rides a 300ex

and my two kids ride Lt80's....you can usually find us at just about any mx race in the area....I drive a gold f-150 with a white enclosed trailor. Look for Chris Young and you will usually find me close by.

If you have ever ridin in Stringetown then you have most likely ridin on my land...drop by and say high.

Mr. Wiggles
06-24-2005, 06:51 AM
i dont guess i know you but then again i might. i live in farview. you know where that is? yea i have rode on stingtown before but it probably wasnt your property. and if im up that away soon i might drop in if i see your quad or something.

sampleez
06-24-2005, 08:07 PM
any of ya'll been to West KY MX ?? in lowes, ky. i'd like to make it out to ballance's track, but that's a he!!ova drive for me.

i raced at crofton once when i rode a 300ex, and it was pretty fun.

was any of ya'll at 555mx on april 16, the saturday practice b4 the first memxa race. i was there and crashed hard in the double, doble, single, double section :mad: it was a pretty cool track overall tho.

jesshamner
06-24-2005, 09:23 PM
I haven't been to Lowes. Like you said, its a helluva drive.