PDA

View Full Version : 2005 ATVA ITP Moose GNC MX Round #9 - High Point

Admin
06-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Once again, High Point Raceway hosted the ATVA GNC MX series on Father’s Day weekend, which provided a great opportunity for fathers and children to share a weekend at the track either watching or racing, and just like last year, the weather cooperated with beautiful blue skies and temps in the low 80’s

Admin
06-19-2005, 08:40 PM
With over 600 race entries and a record number of spectators for the event, "Big John" was kept busy Friday and Saturday finding available parking spaces and keeping everyone in order, and ofcourse he did it with a smile :)

Admin
06-19-2005, 08:45 PM
The Racer Production were kept busy all weekend grooming the track and making adjustments to the jumps, and with the dry weather the three water trucks were kept busy watering down the track to keep dust to a minimum.

Admin
06-19-2005, 08:52 PM
Unfortunately, I sad to report that several riders were seriously injuried on Friday and Saturday before several of the Jump faces and landings were reworked to be more forgiving.

Pro Am rider, #815 Bobby Ross, was one of the more seriously injuried riders and was rushed to the hospital for a hip replacement, but he spirits in good spirits and even called up his sponsor Rich Hetrick and told him he hopes to be back Unadilla, which would be a miracle, so please keep Bobby Ross in your prayers along with the many other riders that were injuried this weekend.

Admin
06-19-2005, 08:56 PM
FMF Media Allstars/Lonestar Racing, #2 Angela Moore, was off to a great start to her racing weekend with wins in both the Women's A over #1 Heather Byrd and Open A Win on Saturday, but to win the Overall she would still need to put in a great show on Sunday.

With only a few more weeks to her wedding in Arizona, she spent the afternoon working on her tan.

Admin
06-19-2005, 08:59 PM
#113 Michelle Reiser finished 3rd in the Women's A Class and was cleaned up and ready to head out for dinner Saturday evening.

Admin
06-19-2005, 09:13 PM
The Highpoint National seems to be the track to visit by people from all around the World, and this year proved no different.

British ATV MX Legends, Paul Winrow and Richard Cole, made the trip across the Atlantic to check out some GNC Racing Action along with several other riders from Europe. GNCC XC Racer, Phil Cole, now lives in New Jersey, so he served as the tour guide for our European visitors.

It was a pleasure meeting these Overseas racing legends, and I hope to see them again soon whether in the states or possibly in Europe

To learn more about Richard Cole Click Here (http://www.coleatv.co.uk/)

Admin
06-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Puerto Rico National Champion, #107 Giovanni Colon, made the trip back to the states to compete at High Point Raceway for the 2nd Year in a row, but unfortunately, the weekend didn't go as planned and he didn't qualify for the Pro Main, but atleast he had the opportunity to spend this Father's Day weekend with his father, Hector Colon.

Admin
06-19-2005, 09:31 PM
Team Suzuki was once again on hand for this weekend's racing in full force, and Pat Alexander made the trip out to the races this weekend in place of Rod Lopusnak, and he Pat wasn't afraid to get dirty as he put the angle grinder to work.

As many of you probably already know, Rod Lopusnak, is no longer with Team Suzuki. Rod will truly be missed and was a key player in Suzuki's large involvement in ATV racing the past two years, so with his departure, we all hope that Suzuki's involvement remains the same for next season.

Rod Lopusnak, remains actively involved in racing with his new position at the AMA at the California facility, and I personally thank him for everything he has done for ATV racing.

I am sure that Pat Alexander will pickup where Rod left off because Pat is not new to ATVs either as he has been actively involved Suzuki in the ATV program as well for years.

Admin
06-19-2005, 09:33 PM
Team Suzuki, Ryan Cox, grooves #2 Jeremiah Jones tires in preparation for Sunday's racing on this hard pack track.

Admin
06-19-2005, 09:56 PM
#30 Travis Spader, joined the list of riders aboard the LTZ400 after making the switch from the Yamaha YFZ450.

Spader became part of the Yoshimura team as of last week, but is not directly part of the Suzuki/Yoshimura team, but instead has a similar Suzuki ride as #708 Harold Goodman.

This weekend marked a record number of LTZ400 on the starting line in the Pro Class with 5 Riders after Jeremy Lawson qualified on Saturday after winning the Pro LCQ (Doug Gust, Jermiah Jones, Harold Goodman, Travis Spader, and Jeremy Lawson).

Last year at this time, the only rider in the Pro Class aboard a Suzuki was #55 Doug Gust.

#30 Travis Spader Interview:

ATVriders.com
Why the switch to the Suzuki midseason after racing the Yamaha all year?

Travis Spader
"The switch came as a last minute deal, last week, and these guys are willing to help me out to finish up season because I had some trouble with my Yamaha program, and these guys came through for me"

ATVriders.com
How much seat time have you had on the Suzuki LTZ400?

Travis Spader
"I rode it once on Tuesday last week. I decided to ride it this weekend, and I practiced on it Friday"

ATVriders.com
How would you compare riding the Suzuki to the Yamaha?

Travis Spader
"I think that I will feel more comfortable on the Suzuki in the long run because it has more potential and with a little bit of work it will get much better"

ATVriders.com
How would you describe your return to GNC MX Series?

Travis Spader
"It is better than I predicted, and I am still treating the racing as a part-time job, and I am hoping next year that I can do it on a full-time schedule, then I will be back where I want to be and that is on top"

Admin
06-19-2005, 10:00 PM
As the sun was going down behind the trees many of the younger riders and friends were playing on the jumgle gym.

Admin
06-19-2005, 10:03 PM
After Dark, camp fires began to come to life everywhere as friends sat around and discussed the events of today and expectations for tomorrow’s final motos for those who qualified.

Admin
06-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Sunday Morning, #53 Kory Ellis was riding around on his bicycle, which wasn't a bad idea.

Admin
06-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Alba Actions, Robert Vegter, has been Kory Ellis's Mechanic for a few years, but this would be the last weekend Rob would be wrenching on Kory's Yamaha because of a new job oppurtunity outside of ATV racing.

It was always a pleasure to see Rob at the track, and he will be missed by the many that have come to know him.

Wish you the Best Rob in your new career!

Admin
06-20-2005, 03:08 PM
#5 Shane Hitt came out to watch the MX race this weekend, but unlike last year, he wasn't on crutches and he is back to Extreme Dirt Track racing which kicked off the season last week at Twin Creeks Raceway in Greenbrier, AR.

Shane Hitt made the switch to Suzuki this season, and finished 6th in the Pro Main Event.

Round #1 Pro Race Report (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166507)

Admin
06-20-2005, 03:12 PM
It was great to see such a huge turnout of spectators to the event, and I also thought it was great to see several GNCC Racers in attendance.

Pro Am Rider, Derek Litterini was one of many GNCC Racers that I found walking around the track.

Admin
06-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Shawn Kirby,K&K Racing, made the trip down from Massachusetts this weekend.

Admin
06-20-2005, 03:19 PM
ATV Insider, David Schloss, just released his lastest issue this week, which was readily available at the track and if you haven't checked it out, you don't know what you are missing.

After burning the midnight oil last week preparing the current issue for print, he spent this father's day weekend at the track relaxing with his family and instead had Marc Barilla capturing all the action for the next issue.

Admin
06-20-2005, 03:25 PM
With Smitty making his way to the track, it was time for Sunday's racing to begin

Admin
06-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Pro Practice

Shortly after 9:30AM the Pros headed down the starting gate prepared to run a few laps of practice once the Women's A riders finished up their 2nd Moto of the weekend.

Team Suzuki/Yoshimura Doug Gust & Wayne Hinson check out the starting gate possibilities for the 1st Moto.

Before the race, I had an oppurtunity to talk with Doug, and he was excited about this weekend's event because he felt healthy again after injurying his back in a wreck at Round #5 Birch Creek.

Despite his injuried back, "Digger" Doug still managed to earn top three finishes at every round since Birch Creek and held onto 2nd Place in Points behind #13 John Natalie Jr for the Championship

Admin
06-21-2005, 07:53 PM
#7 Joe Byrd watched on as his wife, #1 Heather Byrd, battled with #2 Angela Moore for the 2nd Moto Win with #2 Angela Moore taking the Win.

Angela headed into High Point needing to win 3 out of 4 of the final rounds to claim the Women's title back from Heather Byrd, so with the win, she now must win two of the final three races or Heather Byrd will remain the Women's National Champion.

The best of luck to both of them in their quest for the championship.

Admin
06-21-2005, 07:54 PM
#30 Travis Spader was one of the 1st riders out of the gate for Pro Practice aboard his new LTZ450 Yoshimura Suzuki.

Admin
06-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Western PA fan favorite, #32 Matt White heads up for his practice as the crowd cheers for him.

Admin
06-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Spader wasted no time in making his attempt at the huge uphill triple which was cleared earlier in the day by a B Class rider, so I knew that the Pros were going to give it a try during practice.

Two weeks prior to the ATV Motocross National the Motorcycle Outdoor Nationals were held at High Point and I heard that only Ricky and Bubba were the only two Pro riders attempting the triple.

Admin
06-21-2005, 07:58 PM
After Travis Spader, I watched as several of the Pros decided to play it safe and double the jump on the first lap out, so I moved away from my position and began to photograph the riders coming around the outside turn instead, THANK GOD!!!!

#13 John Natalie Jr came through an attempted the triple with my back turned, and I hear an impact right behind me. I turn and find that John not only cleared the triple, but over jumped it and came right through the banners and pushed the hay bail several feet that I was standing behind just moments before:huh

Admin
06-21-2005, 07:58 PM
#13 John Natalie Jr spun back around and headed back out to make another attempt at the jump, and he nailed it cleanly

Admin
06-21-2005, 07:59 PM
#8 Jason Luburgh made his return to racing this weekend after breaking his collar bone in practice at Round #6 Budds Creek, and Jason wasn't about to play it safe as he too attempted and cleared the huge uphill trip with the landing using up every inch of travel on his Lonestar Racing YFZ.

Admin
06-21-2005, 07:59 PM
#55 Doug Gust caught some big air in his attempt at the triple

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:00 PM
#19 Jason Dunkelberger hasn't taken a break since the last round of racing as he raced in the NEATV-MX series last week at Rausch Creek MX Park against some of the best riders out of New England including #75 Joe Haavisto and #270 Josh Creamer.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:00 PM
#161 Jeremy Lawson qualified on Saturday for his first Pro Race by winning the LCQ with #309 Gilbert Attix finishing 2nd to take the last spot on the Pro Main Gate.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:02 PM
#152 Chad Wienen also decided to try to qualify for the Pro Main Event, and he slipped through into the Main by finishing 8th in the Pro Qualifier which was the last advancement spot to advance without going to the LCQ.

I don't know what got into Chad this weekend because he was on fire. Prior to this weekend at High Point Chad's best finish in either Pro Am Unlimited or Pro Am Production was 5th Place, and after qualifying for the Pro Main, Chad went on to win the Pro Am Production Class with a 2-2 finish

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Lonestar Racing's, #12 Keith Little, has been able to get back up on the Podium since his Overall win in Texas, but has came close twice with 4th place finishes and remains in a tight points chase with Kory Ellis, Joe Byrd, and Travis Spader for 5th place as they are all only separated by less than two points.

Keith spent the beginning of the week in Las Vegas, NV with Kory Ellis at the 50th Anniversary Yamaha Dealershow, which marked another milestone in ATV racing with Yamaha making some major changes to next years YFZ450 and totally rebuilding the Raptor 700.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:04 PM
#309 Gilbert Attix was tearing it up in practice

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:06 PM
#2 Jeremiah Jones is currently 4th in points, which is right where he finished last year in the series. If he could improve his starts, he could easily move up in the standings because he is normally puts in some of the fastest laptimes as he works his way through the pack.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:07 PM
#13 John Natalie Jr has been training hard back home the past two weeks, and he is extremely dedicated to winning the championship this season.

The downside is that we won't be seeing him run any GNCC races this year, which is something he has done frequently in the past.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Jeremiah spent this weekend at the races with his father like he does every week because both his parents have been 100% dedicated to his racing from the early days before he was a Pro, and Mr. Jones was Jeremiah's sponsor, transportation, and mechanic.

Today, Jeremiah has Ryan Cox as his chief mechanic, but his father is still actively involved in his racing program

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Next year at this time, Jeremiah Jones himself will be a proud father and husband to Jamie Rentz, which makes it an exciting year for the entire Jones family.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:27 PM
#55 Doug Gust Mechanic, Paul Turner, takes a spin on his Suzuki to check out the breaks before heading to the line for the 1st Moto.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:28 PM
With partly cloudy skies on race day, it was a perfect weekend to head to the track and meet and watch your favorite riders, and many families did just that on this Father's Day Weekeend.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:38 PM
The Elka crew made the trip down from Canada to show their support to the riders and relax on the hillside and watch some of the racing action.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:38 PM
ATVriders.com member, outacontrol31, Caleb Moore was busting some freestyle moves on the the stepup which had the fans going crazy waiting to see what Freestyle move he would bust out each lap.

Thanks for the entertainment!!!

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:44 PM
It was finally time for the 1st Pro Moto, and #53 Kory Ellis heads down to the starting gate.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:45 PM
With the Pro Riders on the gate preparing to head out for their hot lap, a large crowd gathered on the hill to watch all the action.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:47 PM
#199 Pat Brown dominated the Pro Am Class last year, but he has been plagued with bad luck this season that has kept him off his game, so in an attempt to turn things around, K&K ATV recruited Tony Kellner to wrench on Pat Brown's machine.

Tony Kellner was the man behind GNCC ATV Legend, Barry Hawk's racing program and the two went on to win 7 GNCC Championships in a row from 93-99 when Barry decided to trade in his Honda 250R for a YZ250 and the rest is history.

Since then, Tony Kellner has remained heavily involved in the ATV racing, but he has done it quietly from his shop in the Eastern PA Mountains, but he is now back in the spotlight and looking to put Pat Brown's program back on track.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Mark Baldwin sports the teams brand new Pit Shirts as he preps the starting gate for #4 Tim Farr.

Admin
#8 Jason Luburgh comes from a racing family with his sister racing in the Women's B Class and this tradition of racing was built by their father Andy Luburgh who also was actively involved in ATV racing for years and even raced in a few Senior Class races last season.

Admin
Gilbert Attix & his father Gilbert Attix

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:49 PM
John Natalie Jr straps on his helmet as he prepares to head out for one final look at the track.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:54 PM
#152 Chad Wienen heads out for his 1st Pro Hot Lap

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:55 PM
#191 Dustin Wimmer put on an incredible performance here last year when he earned his second Pro podium appereance after an intense battle with Doug Gust.

This year Dustin Wimmer made the Podium already at Budds Creek, so I am sure he heads out for his hot lap looking for a repeat performance this year.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:56 PM
#55 Doug Gust was hard on the gas as he roosted his way up the hill around the 1st turn

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:57 PM
With all the Pro Riders back on the line, the racing action was about to begin.

Admin
06-21-2005, 08:58 PM
The American flags lining the 1st turned danced in the winds as the National Anthem played.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Jeremy Lawson 161. 2004 265 A National Champion and runner-up behind Patrick Brown in the 2004 Pro-Am 265 class. Welcome aboard guys!

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Look who’s back!!!! Woooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo! :D

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:32 PM
And look who got holeshot…again! ;) Take a peek behind him. Jason Luburgh kicked tail in the qualifier and shows he’s off the injured list by getting a pretty good start behind John Natalie.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Doug Gust got not only a horrible gate pick (19th) but also a horrible start to go along with it.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:34 PM
This was the result of a mid-air collision with Doug Gust on the first lap that Pat Brown got the shorter end of the stick of. Dazed and completely confused, Pat eventually stopped seeing stars enough to get back on his K&K ATV to rally what he could out of the moto.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Natalie begins his check out!

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Unable to hold off Joe Byrd for too long, Luburgh still did a great job after such a long hiatus to where he only rode maybe a handful of times since his shoulder injury at round six in Budds Creek, Maryland.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Travis Spader (30) looking very good on his new, bright, white Suzuki (formerly on a Steele City Yamaha YFZ) donned with Yoshimura Factory Suzuki attire.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Having to race the LCQ the day before, Gil Attix was looking really good all day, here leading through the dust over Matt White, Jeremiah Jones and Keith Little.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:38 PM
With Gust, Farr, Dunkelberger and Wimmer working up from poor starts.

I was on the complete opposite side of the track as to what happened with Doug Gust on the second or third lap of this moto. He had a terrible crash leaving him lying on the ground for much of the moto needing to be taking off the track in a stretcher. He didn’t leave for the hospital for a while but would eventually go for X-rays. It was relayed that he was going to be okay.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Another stroke of bad luck hit Harold Goodman who is coming off of an Extreme Dirt Track high after taking home a knock-out win over the rest of the Pro class in Greenbrier, Arkansas. He lost his seat in the whoop section and here he looks for it.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:39 PM
ATVA Director Doug Morris found his seat making it a little easier to ride although now nearly a lap down.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:40 PM
If I hadn’t witnessed first hand what happened to Pat Brown you would have never guessed he had such a horrible get off as he rode the rest of the moto strongly but still had to settle for 18th. Very glad you were okay Pat.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Jeremy Lawson shows he can hang with the best.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Jason Luburgh leads Spader.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Donald Lysinger, Jason Dunkelberger and Joe Haavisto fight for position.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Harold Goodman would get back into the groove but only manage a 19th for the moto.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Donald Lysinger took 17th for the moto.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Newcomer Chad Weinen did an excellent job for his first time joining the big boys.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:45 PM
As did Jeremy Lawson who finished just ahead of Weinen in 15th both are now definitely aware of just how long that 20 minutes plus one really is.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Finishing 14th was Gil Attix.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Tailed by Joe Haavisto for much of the moto, Dunkelberger finishes ahead of him in 12th place.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:47 PM
A great race formed between Matt White and Tim Farr. Farr would eventually get around him to finish just ahead of him as well in 10th place.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Keith Little earned the 9th spot.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Dustin Wimmer worked his way up through the pack to earn a great spot in 8th.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:49 PM
Still trying to mesh with the new Suzuki, Travis Spader still rides it to a great 7th place finish.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:49 PM
Tavis Cain picked up some nice, new, white Yamaha plastics and rode on fire hanging with those just ahead of him. He took 6th for the moto.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:50 PM
A 5th place was pretty good considering the less than favorable start he had to come back from.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Although his charisma still isn’t back yet, Jason Luburgh’s racing sure is as he just rocked the moto to earn 4th.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:52 PM
The real race was between these two, Joe Byrd and Kory Ellis. Picking up his best moto finish of the season, Byrd held off Ellis to take 2nd for the moto.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Natalie was a one man show as he easily picked up yet another moto win for the season.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:01 PM
I found Flyin' Ryan Wheeler in the crowd between motos who finally qualified for the 90cc Production class and his shirt is proof of what can happen when you do! :D

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:02 PM
From atop of the FMF Media Allstars rig.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:03 PM

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:04 PM

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Jeremiah Jones' ATV gets a complete overhaul between motos with the added help from Paul Turner who would not be needed to tune Gust's machine as he would not be returning for the second moto due to his injuries.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:07 PM
I found this little guy waiting to meet John Natalie. Nice hair kiddo! ;)

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Getting ready to line-up for the second.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Big John gives the one minute card.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:42 PM
They’re off for the second moto.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Tim Farr gets there first.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:43 PM
While everyone else brings up behind them.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Natalie makes it around Farr by the second lap.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:45 PM
A punctured radiator left Jason Dunkelberger’s machine crippled with nothing to do but become a spectator earning another bout of bad luck and a DNF. :(

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Kory Ellis and Joe Byrd continue where they left off from the first moto.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Lysinger holds off Lawson briefly through the whoops.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:47 PM
A get off left Luburgh who was running hard (and admittedly said that the first moto took everything out of him) became disconnected from his ATV that apparently went downhill from the triple while he went uphill. Although running good he would eventually finish with an 18th for the moto and 11th overall. Not bad for being out for nearly two months.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Donald Lysinger mirrored his first moto finish of 17th to earn the overall 19th.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Chad Weinen did the same mirror affect by taking 16th again in the moto as well as 16th overall. Not bad for a pro class opener.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Tavis Cain holds off Keith Little and Joe Byrd for several laps.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Harold Goodman had better luck with this moto although he only managed a four position increase while taking the overall 18th.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Jeremy Lawson merely hoped to just qualify for the pro class. He did not only that but earned 14th in the second moto earning him the 15th overall. Hope you've been working on your public speaking skills, Jer. ;)

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Kory Ellis was in an intense battle with Tavis Cain when he was forced to let off the gas going over the double on the back side of the track to avoid colliding with Cain, which caused him to case the landing on the double sending him over the bars, which shot himself back in the order salvaging a 13th for the moto and 8th overall. He remains in the top 10 in 5th place for points.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Travis Spader dropped several positions in the second moto to earn 12th and the 9th overall. He sits in 7th for points with 127 tied with Joe Byrd.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Joe Haavisto increased his position over the first moto by one taking 11th and the 13th overall.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Gil Attix clears the triple in route to a great 10th place for the moto and giving him the 12th overall.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Increasing two positions over the first moto, Matt White took 9th for a 10th overall.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Still battered and feeling like he was hit by a mack truck, Pat Brown rides to 8th for the moto. He overalls the day with 14th.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Dustin Wimmer earns two top ten motos finishing the second in 7th for the same overall. He remains in the top ten with 101 points.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Tavis Cain looses ground on Farr and Jones but manages a great run that is exact to the first moto and one up for the overall. 6th, 6th and 5th. He earns the 10th place spot in points, eliminating the need to qualify at round 10. Such a great run by the Californian.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Joe Byrd finally gets a podium from two good motos. He takes 5th in the second giving him 2nd place overall. Great job Joe!

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Keith Little takes 4th for the moto and takes home 6th overall. He remains in the top ten as well in 8th for points with 126.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Never able to get around Tim Farr, Jones has to settle for 3rd for the moto but it wasn’t a big deal as it still gave him the last podium spot. Jones has fourth in points locked with 157.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Farr holds off Jones for second in the moto but it wasn’t enough to get him on the podium and instead he takes 4th for the day and remains in second for points with 178.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Natalie celebrates with the crowd as he shuts out the competition going 1-1-1 and increasing his points lead to 219 points.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Natalie makes his way through the crowd to the podium.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Debbie Bartosek pulls the raffle ticket winners of two signed jersies from John Natalie and Tim Farr. All proceeds go to the Matt Bartosek fund which helps fund the medical trailer for supplies among other great things.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Joe Byrd’s first podium of the season. He celebrates by tossing goodies to the crowd below.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 11:04 PM
A huge, unique trophy for the winner.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Fans applaud.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 11:05 PM
A goofy podium as the riders were sent in all directions by cameras and fans.

GNC_Reporter
06-21-2005, 11:06 PM
The 2005 High Point ATV MX National podium.

1st – John Natalie, Jr (Hon)
2nd – Joe Byrd (Hon)
3rd – Jeremiah Jones (Suz)

For official results log onto www.atvaonline.com

See you at Daniel Boone! ;)

hardkoratvmxr
06-22-2005, 11:18 AM
good coverage

400grl
06-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Excellent coverage Harlen - you are just getting better at this every time!!!

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Got a few more pics for ya

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Big air

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Ready?

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:26 PM

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:29 PM
More fans than ever.

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Ironman

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:31 PM
That's big!

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:32 PM

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:37 PM

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:39 PM
:eek2:

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Spader on a Suzuki?

Evana13
06-22-2005, 01:41 PM
whats up with Joe Byrds shocks being piggyback. :huh

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Moto 1

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Roost'n

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:45 PM
:eek2: :eek2:

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Not sure who this is......

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Run down

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:48 PM

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:49 PM
You coming?

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Yep!!

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:51 PM
So is Jones!

KJ#14
06-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Tight race'n

tido450
06-22-2005, 05:24 PM
i was at the mx dirtbike national, and tim ferry cleared the tripple a few times, but it looks like they made it alot more forgiving with a bigger lip and a more mellow landing.

KWAD GAWD
06-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Pretty much everybody in the Pro class cleared the triple. It didn't look like they changed it much at all. A few came up a tad short more that once. If you over jumped it, it was almost impossible to make the turn. Seemed like 4th tapped would do it, maybe not quite tapped to the moon, but almost.

YamaWarr0121
06-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Joe Byrd, Dustin Wimmer are both using Axis's new technology in shock designs. Titanium suspension, dual rate, will be available to the public sometime in the early new year. Pat Brown will be using these next race as well!

212racing
06-23-2005, 01:17 AM
in sundays heat the front 7 in the 90cc jr. productuion were hitting the double on that jump.

LuckyOxygen
06-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Who was the B class rider that cleared it?

YamaWarr0121
06-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Caleb, he posted in the discussion thread..

LuckyOxygen
06-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Ohh, i see. I wonder if JR Hinds cleared it?

xrxmxcx
06-23-2005, 01:56 PM
check out joe byrd's bike

is it just me, or are those new from custom axis racing, piggyback axis's :eek2:

can you say prototype?

p@iNn3ck
06-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Great pics again Harlen!!!

Admin
06-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by p@iNn3ck
Great pics again Harlen!!!

I can't take all the credit because GNC Reporter posted all the actual race coverage photos and did an excellent job as usual.

YamaWarr0121
06-23-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx
check out joe byrd's bike

is it just me, or are those new from custom axis racing, piggyback axis's :eek2:

can you say prototype?

read my post above.. i talked to Axis about them

p@iNn3ck
06-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Admin
I can't take all the credit because GNC Reporter posted all the actual race coverage photos and did an excellent job as usual.

DOH! Didnt even notice that.... saw your first pages, didnt notice the poster had changed.

Awesome work GNC Reporter!

Kilabanshee
06-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Dave Gibson told me that Wimmer loves the new axis shocks. He told me they were alot smoother then the standard axis throughout the whole shock travel. I'm guessing they will be quite expensive.

YamaWarr0121
06-29-2005, 04:19 PM
axis said in between 1000-1300:eek:

BlueZ440
06-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
axis said in between 1000-1300:eek:

That's nothing..The regular ones cost around 1500-1700 just for the fronts..

EvilJester400EX
06-29-2005, 06:34 PM
Actually the top of the line Axis (triple rate dual adjust) are $1375.