PDA

View Full Version : need some serious advise

1988R
06-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Ok I got an ESR 310 and can't get it running right. I have :
ESR 310 w/trx9 porting pump gas dome but I was mixing 94 octain w/vp12 at 32:1, 38mm a/s, trx 5 pipe with my airbox on. The carb came with a 180 main and 45 pilot. It ran the best with this and no airbox lid but as long as I was 1/2 - full throttle all the time. If I tried to go through the trails it ran fine for a little while but then started breaking up (almost as though I went through a big puddle and sucked alittle water) then progressivly got worse till it dies (Almost like it ran out of gas) After all this the cylinder feels like it is hotter then it should be. After it sits for a few minute it starts up again running crappy till it dies again. Put a new plug in and it ran fine till I hit the trails again. I tried going down in jet sizes and stoped at 170 main and that ran the worse. Plugs are black when I take them out even about half way up the threads is black
The 180 main the came in the carb looks like the opening is smaller then any of the other jets that I have Not sure if its my eyes or not Is it possible that it could have been marked wrong. Im also having troube getting it to idle

06-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Someone should really sticky these types of information.

http://www.amiles.com.au/rmr/SparkPlugReading.htm

250R-Dee
06-19-2005, 07:25 PM
If your motor runs fine on the topend you do not need to change the main jet. Idle to 1/2 throttle porblems are associated with the pilot jet and needle. What is your needle clip setting?

Do a half throttle plug chop. Run the motor up the half throttle and then hit the KILL switch without coming out of the throttle. Pull the plugs and check for rich/lean condition.

Check your reeds to make sure they are not cracked or worn.

1988R
06-19-2005, 07:32 PM
brand new reeds. After im in the trails for about 15-20 min it doesn't run fine at any part of the throttle.

rodenberg35
06-21-2005, 05:54 PM
you probably got her fixed by now but here is a little info any way. I had the same problem on the exact same set up. I called sanders and he said to make sure my plug gap was .019 not .020 or .018. he said the it had to be 19. he was right regaped and it ran like a dream