PDA

View Full Version : 300ex oil problems...

fastexgirl4c
06-19-2005, 12:55 PM
ok, im having a problem with my 300ex engine.. ill put oil in it.. fill it up (not overfilled)..and after i ride it for a while, il notice there is oil blowing out of the valve breather tube. I have a catch can for it, and a filter, but it just blows right out. I dont knw whats wrong wit it, but its been doin it since last race (june 6th) at jollies..this weekend is southwick.. so i really need some help or advice be4 then on what i should do .. thanks

-Cassie

2muchquad
06-19-2005, 08:10 PM
if your getting excessive blow by,it could be time for a fresh top end.if your certain its not over filled with oil,that would be my guess.:(

fastexgirl4c
06-19-2005, 08:17 PM
:( i just spent over 2grand this winter rebuilding the engine..top end..bottom end.. u name it, it was replaced. .im gonna drain the oil out tomarrow and refill it..someone told me my oil pump might be messed up.. but i dont understand how that could be the problem...

fastexgirl4c
06-20-2005, 09:38 AM
comeon... some one must know why this is doing it

bwamos
06-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Perhaps your holes in the head that let the oil drain back into the oil pan are clogged up?

Easy way to check is to open the valve covers and pour the oil in there and see if it drains.

fastexgirl4c
06-20-2005, 04:32 PM
well... we got it figured out... the valve breather tubes were restricting too much flow and building up to much pressure so the oil was just blowing out.. so they need to be made bigger and put closer to the point... easy changes .. and i need to run my oil level a lil over half tank because i have a greater compression

thanks for the input....

-Cassie