PDA

View Full Version : S/W Pa flat track/oval Racing

jaspurx
06-19-2005, 11:54 AM
I just found out the details for a local flat track , where there is a new flat track race series starting up in July.

Where: Stonybrook Speedway , Stoystown , Pa

When: Saturday , July 30th, 1:00 P.M. , ( and every other Saturday thereafter)

At least 3 classes will be ran.
Limited Classes: ( little or no mods , basically stock class , nobby type tires , flat track type tires run Outlaw Classes)
Class A
Raptor 660/700
trx450r
trx250r
ltz250r
yfz450
ds650
Predator500
cannondale models

Class B
trx400ex
ltz400/kfx400/dvx400

Class C
Raptor 350/warroir350
trx300ex/trx250x
Blaster

All other models will fit into classes concurrently

There will be Outlaw classes for tt set-ups , and HIGHLY modified machines.

Only basic race gear requirements , above the ankle boots , long pants and sleeves , full face helmet , goggles and #plates( chest protectors and nerf bars reccomended)

Purse/ payouts/trophies to be determined.

For more details contact:
5racing@excite.com/814-267-7444 or
extremeJaspur@aol.com/814-267-6182

RIDER11X
06-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Will this be the debut of the Turbo?:macho

LTandRaptorider
06-20-2005, 03:30 AM
Chest protectors and nerf bars HIGHLY recommended! ;)

I'm in, with my... ahem... slightly modded LT... :p Thanks to Rider11x's straightening and welding of my frame yesterday! :)

Now if only I could remember where I left my helmet... :confused:

RIDER11X
06-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Chest protectors and nerf bars HIGHLY recommended! ;)

I'm in, with my... ahem... slightly modded LT... :p Thanks to Rider11x's straightening and welding of my frame yesterday! :)

Now if only I could remember where I left my helmet... :confused:

You're welcome. Don't forget to do the steering stem.

Jaspurx, I see posts for this being Friday nights, and some saying Saturday..........Which is it?:huh

jaspurx
06-22-2005, 08:42 PM
:rolleyes: You see , we went out and ran some hot laps , and we tore up the track too muck for the carts to handle in the turns , so we had to switch to a different day , we agreed on saturdays.

Unfortunately , the district #5 ama runs quads on saturdays , so we have a little competition for entries , but it is o.k.

Anyway , it is cool that we`ll have the track to ourselves , and nothing but quads run on saturday , so we only have to wait through OUR classes , not wait until every other whatever runs around the track.

LT , glad you are back in action , we`ll be glad to have you!
I`ll see you there!

11x , glad you still stop by here , and no , the turbo is not quite done yet , but you`ll know when it is:blah:

Crazy Honda
06-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Got my # ...lol anymore info got a pic of the track:D im almost ready !

jaspurx
07-02-2005, 06:27 AM
I have all the info you want.............but what info do you want? I am still trying to figure out how to post pics , never used the digital camera for the computer yet. ( sorry)

07-02-2005, 10:06 AM
try to get some pics

300exr
07-04-2005, 08:54 PM
if i want to race there do i have to be a member of the ama and do i need to get a number??? thanks

300exr
07-05-2005, 08:00 PM
anybody?

LTandRaptorider
07-05-2005, 08:16 PM
jaspurx can best answer whether it's an AMA sanctioned race. As far as a number, I would imagine it's first come basis... If you register with a number somebody else already has, then you'll have to put an "X" or something to that effect beside your number. Take a roll of black tape with you. ;)

RIDER11X
07-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by jaspurx
I have all the info you want.............but what info do you want? I am still trying to figure out how to post pics , never used the digital camera for the computer yet. ( sorry)

Hey, if you contact Harlen, and become a Patron of the site, it is much easier to post pics!;)

And, you got people that need info! What are you doing........Sleeping? They are depending on you!!!!!!:macho
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just messin' with ya!:devil: :devil: :devil:

300exr
07-06-2005, 08:17 PM
So how big is this track?

LTandRaptorider
07-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by 300exr
So how big is this track?

I believe it's 3/8 mile, but not positive.

jaspurx
07-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Sorry , I had a dispute with my ISP , they love fine print , and bit me for $100

Anyway , numbers would be required ( if not , it could get blurry who wins), but do not need to be anything fancy.

The track is 1/8 - 1/4 mile oval-D shaped.

And we are in no way affiliated with the AMA , that`s why we like this track.

I still can`t figger out how to post pics , or send them in an e-mail!:eek2:

300exr
07-15-2005, 09:14 PM
if you can hit me up with some pics at imulhern@adelphia.net

300exr
08-03-2005, 09:12 PM
any body raced at this track yet?

450robot
08-03-2005, 10:17 PM
is there a race this saturday? i might come out and give the stock class a try

jaspurx
08-11-2005, 05:38 PM
The track owners said that we can`t get enough riders to race on saturdays. So , now we race every friday night at 9:00pm , after the karts have had their fun! Fine by me less dust!

450robot , yes , I raced on this track before , it`s not bad if you like flat track racing.
I tried to lower my ride height and gearing by running 18"holeshot mx`s on my 400ex ; major mistake , I could not hook up above half throttle. Completely slick track in my opinion.

My quad wanted to do doughnuts on the straight-away.

I`ll see you there!

Pappy
08-11-2005, 05:44 PM
where is this track? id love to play on an oval:macho

and i take it no kids, i wonder if we could smuggle cody in as a short 16 year old:chinese: :D

wilkin250r
08-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
and i take it no kids, i wonder if we could smuggle cody in as a short 16 year old:chinese: :D

I don't know for certain about this particular track, obviously, but I haven't seen many race circuits, especially flattrack, that doesn't have some sort of mini-class.

Pappy
08-11-2005, 06:19 PM
we have only raced one TT race, in which cody won his class. he had a blast and so did the family. they closed flat tracking for atv's around here so we once again will have to travel.

i noticed one of the fellers in this thread lives near where flight 93 went down and thats not far from me at all so it peaked my interest.

Crazy Honda
08-12-2005, 07:10 AM
Pappy its not far from shanksvill at all and its even closer to Q-creek :eek2: . to bad i still waiting on shocks
:(

TheIceMan
08-12-2005, 06:08 PM
where is this track? id love to play on an oval

me too!!

deathman53
08-12-2005, 08:14 PM
any trikes gonna be allowed?

jaspurx
08-18-2005, 08:19 PM
No doubt , we`ll let you run the trike! Maybe we can get a trikes only class if enough guys on the old school atv`s show up!
You bring the old girl , we`ll let you run her!

There is really no handicap to a trike on an oval flat track whatsoever. " just as powerful , a hundred pounds lighter............." lol

Pappy , sure come on out , we do not start until 9:00pm so you have time!

Kids classes are not a factor yet , you are the first one to ask. And I am sorry to say that the track owner has the stupid rule of nobody under 15 can race quads , insurance deal I believe!

well travelers may want to use the Pa Turnpike , so:

turnpike to Somerset Pa. Go straight from the toll booth through 2 red lights , and make a left turn at the third onto Rt281north. follow that for about 9 miles to the junction with rt 30E ( bearing off to the right) proceed through a stop sign onto rt30 , follow this to the very bottom of the hill. Turn right at the very bottom of the hill. This small road that looks like a driveway leads past an american legion, then to the track. I do not know the address to use for mapquest , but a shot at Stoystown ,Pa , will ballpark you to the rt30/281 interchange for sure!
I hope to see you there!
Keep the rubber side down!

jaspurx
08-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Did I tell you all that we are now running every Friday night at 9:00pm until october at least?

See you there!

300exr
08-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Is there a race this friday?

RIDER11X
08-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by 300exr
Is there a race this friday?

Look at the post right before yours...........;)

300exr
08-21-2005, 10:34 AM
lol, oops, wow i feel stupid, thanks for pointing that out:D

jaspurx
08-22-2005, 05:56 PM
And this week I took 1st in the 400 class , a guy on a raptor won his class.

Small showing though.

300exr
08-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Any one show up to race 300's/blasters/etc.

jaspurx
08-25-2005, 07:45 PM
So far , nobody has attended for that class on the nights I have been able to make it. In which case , if YOU show up , and are the only rider to run your class , you still have to run on the track to win your class.

The split between racers would be determined after running the hot laps ( practice laps)

We would then determine which racers you would be competitive against.

For instance , you would not have to race a rider who can clearly lap you , based on his race abilities. If a guy on a 400ex can`t keep up with his class you would race against him in his race , BUT still win your class. Simply based on riding abilities , it would be the most FAIR way for your class to be ran.

My point is this , EVERYBODY that shows up can race , and gets track time.

Nobody gets left out/behind.

And we will always keep it fair in classes.

I have seen a good racer on a blaster embarass a guy that was not as good of a racer on a 400ex.

I have also seen the same rider on the 400ex toy with for multiple laps , then pass a guy on a 450r.

It`s not so much the quad as the rider on the particular track.

Come on down , and have some fun!

TheIceMan
08-25-2005, 07:57 PM
if i dont make the trek to E-city for the tt nat....i hope to be there :chinese:

300exr
08-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Man this sucks, i want to go so bad but i cant drive and my parents literally cant afford to drive me up n back becuz of gas prices and some other reasons:mad:

jaspurx
09-01-2005, 03:26 PM
The weather is supposed to be awesome for tomorrow night , and " county Fair " season is over so we should have a good turnout I hope:eek2:

I`ll see you there,

Crazy Honda
09-01-2005, 03:34 PM
As soon as I get my shocks you will see me there
:macho

ATC330Rrider
09-04-2005, 07:15 AM
Do you have to run flat track tires because of the slick track (to be competitive)? or will knobbies work?

Are you SURE that the track owner / insurance company doesn't have a problem running three wheelers on the track? I'm an experienced racer, but haven't been able to race on dirt anywhere because of track limitations (only ice race).

It would be a 3 hour ride for me to come from Bel Air, MD, but will do it if I can race. I'm assuming that I'll have to invest in a set of tires too.
ICE RACING PAGE (http://home.comcast.net/~atc330rrider/atc250rpage4.htm)

deathman53
09-04-2005, 07:30 AM
I would love to go also, but its a 4 hour ride for me, my atc isn't ready yet, but I have all the parts I need to go race it,if you are gonna go let me know when, I'll try to get my bike done and at the same time there is a track about 20 minutes away from there that is like a european type mx track that also allows trikes.

jaspurx
09-04-2005, 08:41 AM
I`ll got the permanent verification on trikes again!

No way on the slick tires , there is no way it is worth it to buy flat track tires , or to change to a flat track set-up,just to run at one track.

We just run regular nobby tires. I have razr`s on mine!

jaspurx
09-25-2005, 04:26 PM
I never knew 1 little error could be so big of a pain to get straight!

Sorry guys , I had replied 3 times now , but it did not work for some stupid reason until I got the error problem fixed.

The track owner says that their insurance will not permit trikes or 2 wheeled competitors to be on their track. I had them double check due to the 3/4 wheeled atv technicallity thing.

They will not allow for any less than 4 wheels on the track.

I am sorry , especially due to the fact that I am still a die hard trike fan , and would love to see someone shut up the guys that say 4 wheelers are so much better. Too bad my trike is not the atc 250r I wanted to buy the day I bought my 250sx.

Anyway , I still hope to see some more riders show up for the last race of the season.

I mean come on guys , how hard can it be to bring your quad to the track , unload it , start it and give me the " on the track spanking" that I know you want to deliver. All you have to do is show up and use more throttle than I do........It is not difficult to do......even Raptors and 450r`s have done it...........and you could try............ :eek2:

09-28-2005, 07:13 PM
wens the last race? date and time to shw up for hot laps and such

jaspurx
09-28-2005, 07:34 PM
September 30th , THIS friday is the last race. Be at the track at 9:pm and you`ll be on time. You should be fairly safe until 9:30

I hope to see you there,

jaspurx
10-02-2005, 11:08 AM
The powers that be decided Friday night That we can get 1 more race in this year , so the last race will be oct.7th , this coming friday will be the last race of rthe year!

Bring what you got and see what you got for us!

300exr
10-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey can you give me some directions, i mean like once i get into stoysville or w/e that town is, like where is it around there

300exr
10-04-2005, 07:34 PM
hello?

300exr
10-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Earth to JASPURX, do you read me

jaspurx
10-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Well , I can give you directions , but on the last page of this thread I said that LAST Friday was the last race of the season , and it was rained out.

Now we are checking about the legallity of ICE racing this winter!

You see , one of my the guys I ride with and I have been discussing getting some racing on the lake we live on this winter.

We ride on it after the ice gets thick enough , but it is not all that interresting after the first month. Although , a kx80 makes it a bit interresting , lol

Anyway , we`re checking into getting some racing here this winter. It`ll keep the winter less boring!
I`ll keep you all posted!

jaspurx
05-06-2006, 10:14 AM
We are at it again , racing that is. I can`t get any hook up on the track this year , just wheel spin!

300exr , do you still want directions?

5racing
05-07-2006, 05:37 AM
We have made a small change for the tire rule for this year.Due to the fact some of the guys dont want to wait all night to get on the track,we will be allowing the use of Duro HF245 rear tires.These are very similar to a hoosier tri-track but at half the cost and made from a harder compound.
This will allow the riders useing this tire to practice in between the kart racing.KNOBBY TIRES WILL STILL BE USED but riders useing those tires will only be permitted on the track after the kart races.
This is the only solution to get us on the track earlier in the evening and not have the kart guys scream we are ripping up the track.
Anyone can do this guys,we have made the rules so that anyone with a sport quad can show up and be competitive.Stock suspension,knobby tires no need for alot of high dollar stuff to be competitive.
Email me at 5racing@excite.com or contact jaspurx for more info

LTandRaptorider
05-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Can you please post a schedule? Are you guys racing this Friday? Trying to decide whether to bring the old LT with a bent frame... or the new LT! :p

Jaspur... Can rider11x bring his Grizzly to race?! :confused: :eek: :blah:

5racing
05-09-2006, 07:46 PM
We are racing this friday and every friday night through september.I will not be there this friday so jaspur will be running the show.As for the griz i dont no how safe that would be.

LTandRaptorider
05-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by 5racing
We are racing this friday and every friday night through september.I will not be there this friday so jaspur will be running the show.As for the griz i dont no how safe that would be.

Cool, thanks!

As for the Griz, it was a joke. Jaspur will understand. :p

The track is on Rt 30, correct? About how far past Latrobe? guessing 1/2 hour to 45 minutes... Is there a website for this track?

RIDER11X
05-11-2006, 02:50 AM

As for the Griz, it was a joke. Jaspur will understand. :p

Joke huh? :macho Wait till you need winched out! LOL!:devil: ;)

Yeah, just kidding on the Utility class.:cool:

jaspurx
05-14-2006, 08:41 AM
That would be a sight LT , worth a few pictures for sure! So , LT , just pick 1 and get it on the track , lol

Yes we will definately run every Friday night , looking over the schedule , there is not even 1 Friday night that gets dropped. It is EVERY FRIDAY night!

Directions are really simple , and it is a lot of fun!:eek2:

LTandRaptorider
05-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by jaspurx
That would be a sight LT , worth a few pictures for sure! So , LT , just pick 1 and get it on the track , lol

Yes we will definately run every Friday night , looking over the schedule , there is not even 1 Friday night that gets dropped. It is EVERY FRIDAY night!

Directions are really simple , and it is a lot of fun!:eek2:

I was there last Friday to check out the track and watch the races. Wasn't too happy to see the quads didn't get out until almost 11pm!!! :eek: :ermm:

Looks like a cool track though, I will be back soon... Maybe next Friday. Have to bring the new LT, old one still needs frame work and a right front spindle. I would rather bring the old one, but the bent spindle sort of affects the front braking power... :p

To help others out... Turn right off Rt30 at the sign for the American Legion... The Stoystown Speedway sign under the Legion sign isn't that noticable... :p

Were you there last Friday, jaspur? Didn't see you... Wondered how the guy is doing that had a heart-attack?

5racing
05-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Yeah i hate when it runs late (rain never helps).The only reason we have to run last is because of the use of knobby tires.We do not want to let guys use hoosier or am. racer flat track tires, because that will drive the costs up and alot of guys just will not come out.

We have come up with a solution we will allow the use of Duro HF245 rear tires.These tires are cheap,made from a harder compound and wear really well.The track has aproved us to use these tires and will allow all quads running them to practice during the kart races.The quads running regular knobby tires will only be permitted to run after the karts.So we will still race at the end of the night but anyone running the duro's will get extra practice.

I hope you can make it out next friday(and bring some friends),by the sound of it we may have a real good showing for the quads.

jaspurx
05-15-2006, 08:12 PM
I was there all right , I`m sorry I missed you lt! I do not know how you could have missed my performance! But I decided to catch a nap before tracktime , so I went to sleep in my truck! My tires still have not showed up yet , it may be the last time I order from those guys!
I have not heard about the guy with the heart attack yet.

Pappy
05-15-2006, 08:17 PM
I didnt look back in this thread to see if i asked this or not....

any youth classes?

LTandRaptorider
05-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I didnt look back in this thread to see if i asked this or not....

any youth classes?

I checked for ya... here's the reply...

Pappy , sure come on out , we do not start until 9:00pm so you have time!

Kids classes are not a factor yet , you are the first one to ask. And I am sorry to say that the track owner has the stupid rule of nobody under 15 can race quads , insurance deal I believe!

I am somewhat surprised at that answer... The track seemed to be fairly... Loose! Nice track though, built for go-carts and I saw one Micro there... If no rain, think I will try out the new LT this Friday... Sort of a good way I think to dip my toe back into racing. Then, if I ever find a new frame for the old LT, I can get it back into action!
:rolleyes: Wish I could remember what I did to it... :confused: :p

5racing
05-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Races for friday May 19 have been cancelled due to rain.We will try it again next week.

Pappy youth classes may be a possibility in the future.Right now We are trying to get the quad counts up to push for the track on our own night(Probably Saturdays). With our own people running the show completely seperate from the karts.Right now we just dont have time to get anymore classes on the track with the way they run the show.

LTandRaptorider
05-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Races for friday May 19 have been cancelled due to rain.We will try it again next week.

I figured they would be cancelled due to rain. So I am running the sweeper and dusting instead... :rolleyes:

jaspurx
05-21-2006, 12:22 PM
You may not want to run the stock tires on the new lt , they are kinda small and may want to get a lot of wheelspin.........if that is what you do not want. I can`t run my 18`s and get any traction at all , just spin-outs. But it is your call on running them , as I have not had an lt on the track myself to see how it runs with those tires. I could not get around the guy that ran his new lt , but I did not ask him about his wheel spin either. I illegedly have a set of Doru tires on their way ( or so I wss told when I ordered them) because I can`t get through a turn without spinning out , but this track is not my personal best so far. I`m just there for fun!

RIDER11X
05-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Are you shifting your weight to the rear on the turns? I notice the TT racers doing that alot. Did you try lowering your air pressure? Maybe keep an eye out for a used sway bar on ebay....OR, eat more at dinner time and have dessert to put on about 50lb.!:p I bet I could make those tires dig!:macho :D

Sounds like the 4wd Grizzly 660 may be the hot setup there! :devil:

RIDER11X
06-01-2006, 09:13 PM
We racing This Friday or what? LTrider is ready to go....What is the word?:huh

5racing
06-02-2006, 04:23 AM
Yes as long as the weather holds out.

RIDER11X
06-02-2006, 04:44 AM
Alchohol allowed in the grandstands? Can I bring my boy with me? His picture below........

RIDER11X
06-02-2006, 04:45 AM
Oh, and will there be a post if it is cancelled due to wet conditions?:confused:

RIDER11X
06-02-2006, 05:07 AM
Weather looking not so favorable.....Weather Channel says 60% chance of rain or better all day today......:(

5racing
06-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Rain wins again!! Races for friday June 2nd are cancelled.We will try again next friday.

Would the fellow with the trikes contact me we may be able to work something out,and get you guys on the track.

Rider11x you can bring your boy and alcohol is allowed but not in the pits during the races.

deathman53
06-02-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm pysched about this, when I go I'll take my 200x and my crf450r hybrid and race 2 classes.

5racing
06-07-2006, 10:42 PM
As of now looks like we may finally get a race in this friday.

Also we are going to give the trike's a shot at some flat track action.So any of you trike rider's that would like to try your hand at some flat track racing here's your chance.We need atleast 4 riders to run the class,this would be alot of fun for a bunch of you hard core triker's out there.

I have tried to post the quad rule sheet's but have been having problems getting it through. I will have them avalible at the track,or anyone wanting a set can email me at 5racing@excite.com and I will send you a copy. Thanks Chris

LTandRaptorider
06-08-2006, 08:34 PM
I'll be there... :cool:

5racing
06-10-2006, 07:13 AM
We got one in last night and the track was real tacky and fast.

We will be switching to our own night very soon.We will be running Amateur Quad's saturday night's along with the outlaw pro quad's and posibly micro sprint's and mod lights.But we need to no how many of you guys will come out on saturdays night's to run.

Also we may bee adding a TT course through the infield and run TT stlye race's for the quad's.

LTandRaptorider
06-10-2006, 07:45 AM
Well, I'll try next Friday! I spent the evening fixing my truck in the Autozone parking lot... I guess as good a place as any to be when it wouldn't start... :rolleyes:

Saturday night would be good. :cool:

Pappy
06-10-2006, 07:47 AM

Also we may bee adding a TT course through the infield and run TT stlye race's for the quad's.

We would attend as many as we could for a TT style race on saturday nights!

5racing
06-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Great thats what we need to make this happen.I will keep all posted about are progress and when we will be making the switch to saturdays.

Pappy I know you had asked about youth classes,with the move to saturdays we will run youth classes.

Pappy
06-10-2006, 08:39 AM
great!

be sure to put together a decent press release on your series and include every detail you possibly can. Submit it to me bkperformance@peoplepc.com and I will get it on the home page.

jaspurx
06-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Also , remember to keep enough air in your tires that they stay on the bead. Mine were slowly working their way off the bead on the outside turn side friday night! I had lost 1/2 inch between the tire and the rim lip! I guess it is good that we do not run enough laps to make me happy or I might have hit the wall again!:eek2:

5racing
06-17-2006, 08:32 AM
Good showing last night as 6 pro-outlaw's and 12 amatuer rider's showed up. Lots of new face's and very clean and exciting racing.

We will do it again next friday night and I hope to see some more of you guy's come out and give it a try.

LTandRaptorider
06-17-2006, 12:08 PM
I had a great time, Chris! I'll be back :cool:

RIDER11X
06-17-2006, 12:09 PM
How did the new LT do?:confused: Got any pics?

LTandRaptorider
06-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
How did the new LT do?:confused: Got any pics?

The new LT did good, love the power of it! :D No pics, didn't want you to have any more ammo to make fun of me if another copter ride was required... :eek: :p

RIDER11X
06-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Well since there was no jumps, I was hoping you would have duct taped your camera on your helmet and gave us a movie to watch.....:huh Maybe next time I'll bring my camera and have my wife hold it on the back of my Grizzly to film you racing behind us.:eek2: :p

5racing
06-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Looks like we will get one in tomorrow night. Rain has won more than it's share so far this year.

Crazy Honda
06-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey LTandRaptorider you going ? I might have to come have a look see at that thing you call a quad ...lol. anyway hope it dont rain ill be out.

RIDER11X
06-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Crazy Honda
Hey LTandRaptorider you going ? I might have to come have a look see at that thing you call a quad ...lol. anyway hope it dont rain ill be out.

Why not load up your YFZ and go play too? Oh that's right....More than three people may show up to race.....:rolleyes:

J/P:devil:

LTandRaptorider
06-30-2006, 08:57 PM

Nope, couldn't make it tonight... :(

But getting the new LT ready for a ride with Marc tomorrow. Are you ever going to get that "show quad" out again? :confused: :p btw... Butler flat track race is next Friday... An almost 1/2 mile oval, speeds of 75-80 mph on the straights! Get that YFZ out, son! :D

5racing
07-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Quad counts are growing more every week. 14 were pitside friday night and more new rider's are planning on coming out this friday.

Now for some more exciting new's, the track owner is very pleased with the show's we have been putting on and is going to be putting up 100.00 to win for both classes. The date is not set yet but will be within the next few week's. This is the time for you guys to come out and get familiar with the track and make a run for some good money for amatuer rider's.

RIDER11X
07-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Butler flat track race is next Friday... An almost 1/2 mile oval, speeds of 75-80 mph on the straights! Get that YFZ out, son! :D

I can hear the helicopter blades in the distance now.......:rolleyes:

5racing
07-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Friday august 4th 100.00 to win for each A & B classes.

Now required mx stlye boot's with shin coverage or knee & shin guards with over the ankle boots. Chest Protectors will also be mandatory.

Question's please ask email me or leave a post.

myssi3
07-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Do any women zoom around on this track?

LTandRaptorider
07-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by myssi3
Do any women zoom around on this track?

I believe you would be the first. Maybe they are just waiting for another woman to start! ;)

RIDER11X
07-13-2006, 10:43 PM
I believe you would be the first. Maybe they are just waiting for another woman to start! ;)

Oh boy, he must be all hopped up on Geritol again.....:rolleyes:

J/K:p ;)

LTandRaptorider
07-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Oh boy, he must be all hopped up on Geritol again.....:rolleyes:

J/K:p ;)

You already used the Geritol joke... pick something new... :rolleyes: :p

myssi3
07-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Too funny!

I appreciate the response. I believe I would have everything I would need in order to race: ATVA membership, nerfs, all the gear....

What class would I be in? With all the FAST guys? I have a YFZ so I should be able to hang, you think?

I normally race XC, so this would be VERY different for me!!

Also, does anyone have ANY pics of a race there?

LTandRaptorider
07-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Not sure if anyoone has any pics. An ATVA card is not required there... Nor are nerf bars. Sounds like you are more than set up. It was posted above that MX boots and chest protector is required. Other than that, it is a fairly loose, as far as rules, but fun track. It's a 1/5 mile D-shaped oval. I hope to make it back up next Friday. If things go right, maybe I can take BOTH of my LTs! :cool:

myssi3
07-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Nice - I have a chest protector...almost a whole upper body protector, actually, as well as boots, so I am all set.

Do anything to the LTR yet? I didn't see many aftermarket parts available as of yet, but there are a few things. We sold a stabilizer for it, but that is about it.

Sounds like a track to FLY on! That would be so sweeeeet!!

5racing
07-16-2006, 07:10 AM
You would be in the A class that include's 401cc and above. I hope to see you come out and give it a try. LT I hope to see you back soon. Just a note the august 4th 100.00 to win show's all quads need to be pitside by 8:00 pm so we can set line-ups and have a driver's meeting.

myssi3
07-17-2006, 07:09 PM
A class....gotcha!

How should the quad be set up? Right now it is set for XC....

5racing
07-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Amatuer quad's - Chassis max width is 50in, no lowering strut's, shock's or sway bar's quads must retain stock ride height. Tire's need to be stock type or Duro HF245 rear and HF247 front. No Hoosier or American racer tire's are permitted in Amatuer classes.

You will have to try some different tire presure's and shock preload's to see what will work for you the best.I can helpyou with a base setup If you dont no where to start.

We will be back racing this friday hope to see some new face's.

myssi3
07-19-2006, 07:03 PM
WOW!

That is nice though that they keep the playing field pretty equal! No lowering....50" width chassis.....wow.

I thought for sure I would go there and everyone would be lowered and wide!!!

I run the XC with 5 lbs pressure in the back tires and my shocks are the stock YFZ shocks set as soft as they will go. Any changes that I should make?

RIDER11X
07-20-2006, 12:09 AM
A little off topic, but anyone in the area for this week's race, may also want to stop by Quadfest 06. Dirt Drags, MX time Trials, the ATVRiders.com booth, and many other things will be featured at this event. It's real close to this track.:cool:

LTandRaptorider
07-20-2006, 03:38 PM
A little off topic, but anyone in the area for this week's race, may also want to stop by Quadfest 06. Dirt Drags, MX time Trials, the ATVRiders.com booth, and many other things will be featured at this event. It's real close to this track.:cool:

And 2500 other quads! :eek2:

RIDER11X
07-20-2006, 10:35 PM
And your point is?.............:huh

People are driving from 3-4 states away to be a part of this. The more the merrier.:macho

Besides, I think 2500 is a little on the conservative side.:D

LTandRaptorider
07-21-2006, 03:51 PM
And your point is?.............:huh

People are driving from 3-4 states away to be a part of this. The more the merrier.:macho

Besides, I think 2500 is a little on the conservative side.:D

My point was that's a lot of freakin quads. Now you wouldn't have added to the merriment if not for the good fortune of tickets falling into your hands! ;) I guess you got a tent?

btw... You are probably right about 2500 being conservative. That was a number I got a couple weeks ago.

So I really had no point other than to comment on your off-topic post... To continue it in the off-topic... :rolleyes:

But back on topic... Rain today, not looking too good for tonight... :(

And to myssi3... First, record all three of your shock settings before making adjustments. Pre-load... compression and rebound. Then back off on everything. You want the quad low. The track is pretty smooth. shouldn't have to worry about any pre-load. I backed off everything to the softest settings... try that once, see how it works. Makes a good starting point, you can adjust if needed. Also run a couple pounds more air in the right side tires. Depending on your tire condition... i.e. 3 lbs in left, 5 pounds in right. Don't go lower than 3 pounds!

RIDER11X
07-21-2006, 10:25 PM
No tent.....It's cheaper for me to commute back and forth for two days.

Did the race rain out? The rain I saw was pretty short lived.:confused:

5racing
07-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Just alittle sprinkle but race's went off without a hitch.

As far as shock setup I run my right front at full preload and left front as soft as possible. tire's I run 7 psi in the front and 3 & 5 in the rear trying to get around 1 1/2 inche's of stagger in the rear. Tire presure's will change depending on track condition's and rider weight and position will greatly affect handleing and setup will have to be adjusted for that also.

myssi3
07-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Thanks!

Looks as though I will not be able to race after all. I have to end my racing early in the AGP as well. I found out yesterday that I am preg:eek2: , so it will be the man riding my quad now. He has a Honda and now that I cannot ride, he perfers the YFZ in races. So, I will pass on the info to him!

Later!

LTandRaptorider
07-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by myssi3
Thanks!

Looks as though I will not be able to race after all. I have to end my racing early in the AGP as well. I found out yesterday that I am preg:eek2: , so it will be the man riding my quad now. He has a Honda and now that I cannot ride, he perfers the YFZ in races. So, I will pass on the info to him!

Later!

Well, you could've heard a pin drop when you gave us this news! All horndogs in full retreat! :D

Congrats and good luck! ;) Tell your man to be good to your YFZ while you can't ride it! :p

myssi3
07-26-2006, 06:52 PM
LoL --
I was wondering what happened...if I had offended someone or something.

Thanks for the well wishings, we are happy!

He just had the YFZ out tonight aside from the A-arm that I had previously bent, he bent the other one...:grr:

Oh well, we are selling his 450R if anyone is interested.....
If anyone wants the details on it, just let me know!

5racing
07-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Well there's allways next year. My wife is also pregnant with our 2nd.

I would have really liked to get you out on the track to spank some of those guys,but since you cant race get your man out for a race.I would like to see a yfz show and be competitive we have yet to see one even keep up.

Last friday we had our first non yamaha win in the A class, a 250r finally got honda a win.

Remeber guys and gals friday august 4th 100 to win make plans to be there now.

RIDER11X
07-28-2006, 03:52 AM
Well there's allways next year. My wife is also pregnant with our 2nd.

I would have really liked to get you out on the track to spank some of those guys,but since you cant race get your man out for a race.I would like to see a yfz show and be competitive we have yet to see one even keep up.

Last friday we had our first non yamaha win in the A class, a 250r finally got honda a win.

Remeber guys and gals friday august 4th 100 to win make plans to be there now.

Maybe LTrider will pull a Suzuki win....:cool:

myssi3
07-28-2006, 05:40 AM
What is going on with the Yami's ....why aren' t they winning these things? You would think that they would be the bikes for that type of racing....they take to a turn like crazy. Maybe I shouldn't say that....I should say, "My bike takes to turns in the woods like a mad-woman!!!"

5racing
07-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Yamaha's do quite well raptor's and banshee's that is,yfz rider's just havent found a grove yet. In the 400cc class a honda 250x has been giving those guys fits,i guess the rider has just the right amount of power/weight/traction/skill to stay in front of the bigger bike's.

Race's have been rained out for tonight,next week everyone's gunning for the extra money being put up by the track. Ltrider you coming out?

x.system
07-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Any pics of this track? Schedual? I'm thinking about making the trip and check it out. Looks like a 6 hour drive for me so I'm going to see if I cant find another place to race the same weekend in between here and there. How about some pics of your quads all set up. :D

LTandRaptorider
07-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Maybe LTrider will pull a Suzuki win....:cool:

Hmmm... busy Friday? :confused:

I might have to make another trip up to see if I've gotten any better! :D

LTandRaptorider
07-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by x.system
Any pics of this track? Schedual? I'm thinking about making the trip and check it out. Looks like a 6 hour drive for me so I'm going to see if I cant find another place to race the same weekend in between here and there. How about some pics of your quads all set up. :D

Don't think anybody has pics... But it's a 1/5 mile D-shaped oval track... clay surface.

x.system
07-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Don't think anybody has pics... But it's a 1/5 mile D-shaped oval track... clay surface.

Thanks, how about a schedual? I found a race for Sep 23rd, anything going on down that way around that date?

RIDER11X
07-30-2006, 08:46 PM
EVERY FRIDAY it don't rain until fall.;)

LTandRaptorider
08-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Yamaha's do quite well raptor's and banshee's that is,yfz rider's just havent found a grove yet. In the 400cc class a honda 250x has been giving those guys fits,i guess the rider has just the right amount of power/weight/traction/skill to stay in front of the bigger bike's.

Race's have been rained out for tonight,next week everyone's gunning for the extra money being put up by the track. Ltrider you coming out?

So, how did the races go last Friday? Did you win the $$$?

5racing
08-07-2006, 04:54 PM
No I didnt win friday. I had to use a loaner quad, the raptor oil tank sprang a leak and didnt have time to fix it. The quad I barrowed was an 06 yfz450 so i have an idea why guys have been having trouble running well with them. The quad was a rocket on the straight aways but once i hit the turns the front-end would not turn. I could pass 2rider's at a time on restart's but as soon as i hit the turns the quad would push straight up the track and the other riders wouldgo right by.

I no the yfz could be made to handle I would just need more time on it to play with setup's and make the ergo's fit me better

RIDER11X
08-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Let me get this straight here.....You're telling us a 06' YFZ450 don't turn compared to a 660 Raptor???????:huh

Ummmm............Ok....:rolleyes: :p

See LTRider, I told you you should have never traded the Raptor in!!!!!!:D

x.system
08-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Do any of you know your lap times on that track? Does everyone run together? or are there different classes.

LTandRaptorider
08-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Let me get this straight here.....You're telling us a 06' YFZ450 don't turn compared to a 660 Raptor???????:huh

Ummmm............Ok....:rolleyes: :p

See LTRider, I told you you should have never traded the Raptor in!!!!!!:D

:eek2: :p

5racing
08-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Let me get this straight here.....You're telling us a 06' YFZ450 don't turn compared to a 660 Raptor???????

Ummmm............Ok....

What are you trying to say,Im lying about my own personal experience running this quad. I didnt finish last for fun friday night the quad wouldnt handle......

I have sent many 450 rider's home after a nice whipping courtesy of my 660r.

Notice I said I could make the yfz handle with more time on the machine. This is racing fellows and SETUP makes a big diference and yes MY 660r will outhandle any stock-setup 450 on the track.

If you dont believe it maybe you should borrow a 450 from someone and come give it a try,I'll be shure to wave to you when i go buy.

LTandRaptorider
08-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Let me get this straight here.....You're telling us a 06' YFZ450 don't turn compared to a 660 Raptor???????

Ummmm............Ok....

What are you trying to say,Im lying about my own personal experience running this quad. I didnt finish last for fun friday night the quad wouldnt handle......

Notice I said I could make the yfz handle with more time on the machine. This is racing fellows and SETUP makes a big diference and yes MY 660r will outhandle any stock-setup 450 on the track.

If you dont believe it maybe you should borrow a 450 from someone and come give it a try,I'll be shure to wave to you when i go buy.

Uh oh! :eek: i believe the gauntlet was laid down! :devil:

btw... You didn't wave at me as you went by! Wish the track wasn't so far away, but I'll make it back up. Like to get a couple more races in to see if I can't close the gap a little... ;)

RIDER11X
08-08-2006, 11:37 PM

Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I am certainly far from wet behind the ears when it comes to race quads and set ups. I have considerable seat time on the current crop of 450's and the Raptor 660r and that is the reason why I say what I do. I do believe with more seat time, and maybe some friendly advise from a fast rider on one, you would quickly change your tune right along with your race standings. It just stands to reason that the majority of the racing world is not wrong in the machines they choose to produce the fastest lap times possible.
450's need to rev, and be ridden hard, not like the grunt happy 660. The 450s are low even stock, and can be pushed really hard in corners compared to the Raptor. Add all of this together, and seconds start rapidly disappearing from lap times.

I'm glad you like your Raptor, and am not flaming you for that fact, but am thowing the B.S. flag when you start touting it to be a better race platform than the 450's.....;)

Now, we bring you back to you previously televised program.....:p

RIDER11X
08-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Uh oh! :eek: i believe the gauntlet was laid down! :devil:

btw... You didn't wave at me as you went by! Wish the track wasn't so far away, but I'll make it back up. Like to get a couple more races in to see if I can't close the gap a little... ;)

Ok LTrider, I need to borrow your LTR450! You got it insured right? What's the worst that could happen to it?:p

****LTRider has a full body shiver as he reads above text with images in his head of Crazy Honda's YFZ450 as a mangled mess at the slate dump.****

:devil: Relax, just kidding!:devil:

RayWilt
08-09-2006, 10:33 AM
I got a 450r set up for motocross would i have to run in the outlaw class with that. What class are you guys all running in.

5racing
08-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Rider 11x borrow ltriders quad (no you cant use the griz) and come on out. If you want we can go 10 laps just me and you and see what happens.

I never said the raptor is a better racing platform I stated how the Yfz I was riding handled.In no way did i state that the raptor is a better machine, you just assumed this on your own.

Ltrider i normally dont wave to the other riders, Im making an exception for rider11x.

LTandRaptorider
08-09-2006, 03:52 PM
I KNEW there would be some good reading on this when I got home! :D

Ummm... Marc... That's a negative on you riding the new LT! Many other things escape my mind after the last knock to the head... But I do remember the last 450 quad you rode! :eek: :blah: I do however, have another LT that is already bent... ;) Let me know the next Friday you have off! Meanwhile, trying to find someone to go with me this Friday. Need someone there to haul my stuff home... :p

btw... I was inpressed how well his Raptor handled. I did find out a couple years ago when I ran mine in one flat track it actually did pretty good. Yes, it helps that he is there every week and knows the track, but his riding skills are obviously pretty good. All in good fun here guys. :cool:

LTandRaptorider
08-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by RayWilt
I got a 450r set up for motocross would i have to run in the outlaw class with that. What class are you guys all running in.

Outlaw class is for quads set up for flat track. i.e. sway bar, lowering kits, flat track tires...

RIDER11X
08-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Rider 11x borrow ltriders quad (no you cant use the griz) and come on out. If you want we can go 10 laps just me and you and see what happens.

I never said the raptor is a better racing platform I stated how the Yfz I was riding handled.In no way did i state that the raptor is a better machine, you just assumed this on your own.

Ltrider i normally dont wave to the other riders, Im making an exception for rider11x.

Awww c'mon! I would run you with the Grizz.....Show you some nice 4wd drifting action!!!:p
Well LTrider ain't volunteering his machine for some strange reason.......Crash Thread (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=182227)

What's $600 in damage? If I could have stopped it with my groin the quad would have been just fine! (Another Story)

5racing, it was nice stirring the pot with you a bit. LTrider used to TRY to give my 400ex grief in the woods with his Raptor, so you must be a pretty good rider compared to him...:eek2: I do think with the right setup though you would get on a 450 and never look back......But to each their own...It's all about having fun because none of us are making any money doing this, even if you win the $100 purse. What you need to draw attendance each week is a $2-3000 end of year purse for season points. :cool:

Hope all is cool.;)

5racing
08-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Rider11x I agree with you that with the right setup a 450 would be a very potent machine. It was just in the form I raced the quad it wasnt going to get me near the front it had allmost zero forward bite.

No harm no foul man were all entitled to our own opinions.

Anywho I will get my chance to try a 450r in the next week or two for some practice laps. I really think that the layout of the 450r will fit me better. I plan on getting a new quad by spring to setup for outlaw quad, so getting time on different is really going to help me pick.

Hmmm... now if I can just find someone willing to let me try their lt450 .....anyone????

5racing
08-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Rider11x I agree with you that with the right setup a 450 would be a very potent machine. It was just in the form I raced the quad it wasnt going to get me near the front it had allmost zero forward bite.

No harm no foul man were all entitled to our own opinions.

Anywho I will get my chance to try a 450r in the next week or two for some practice laps. I really think that the layout of the 450r will fit me better. I plan on getting a new quad by spring to setup for outlaw quad, so getting time on different is really going to help me pick.

Hmmm... now if I can just find someone willing to let me try their lt450 .....anyone????

Crazy Honda
08-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Hummm looks like I got nothing to do friday. So I think im heading up to see the action. now if I only had a way to get the 450 up there id have to show you guys how a 450 can handle the turns wide open...lol

RIDER11X
08-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Crazy Honda, don't you mean if you had a way to keep your YFZ from spewing anti-freeze? Did you get it fixed, or is it still just sitting?

Crazy Honda
08-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Good to go just needed a few parts

LTandRaptorider
08-11-2006, 02:51 AM

Hmmm... now if I can just find someone willing to let me try their slightly bent lt250R .....anyone????

Well, I happen to have that for ya, bud! :D

RIDER11X
08-11-2006, 07:05 AM
Good to go just needed a few parts

Ready for the grudge match at Hunker with LTrider? I'll bring the camera...........For proof!:devil:

LTandRaptorider
08-12-2006, 05:19 PM
How'd the race go, Chris?

RIDER11X
08-12-2006, 10:21 PM
How'd the race go, Chris?

Why weren't you there? Get that LTR450 out racing! What, was you afraid I'd show up with the grizzly?:devil:

LTandRaptorider
08-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Why weren't you there? Get that LTR450 out racing! What, was you afraid I'd show up with the grizzly?:devil:

Nope, I put in 66 hours at work this week... I was a lil tired. :o

One of these weeks I'll make it back up. CrazyHonda wants me to stop and pick him p when I do...

5racing
08-13-2006, 04:30 PM
I didnt make home from work untill friday at midnight so i didnt make it out. I will definetly be there this week as there is always confusion when Im not running things.

Winner's were A-class-- Matt Kalina 660 raptor
B-class-- Alan Knepper 250x

RIDER11X
08-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Nope, I put in 66 hours at work this week... I was a lil tired. :o

What nice gift are you saving up to buy me?:D

LTandRaptorider
08-14-2006, 03:15 PM
What nice gift are you saving up to buy me?:D

A new blow-up doll, to replace the one you wore out! Not sure you'll like this one, it talks! :eek2: :devil:

RIDER11X
08-14-2006, 10:32 PM
A new blow-up doll, to replace the one you wore out! Not sure you'll like this one, it talks! :eek2: :devil:

Eeeeeewwwwwww! Your not going to try to give me your used one again, are you? :rolleyes:

:devil: :p :devil:

x.system
08-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Anyone got a website or address for this track? I'm trying to make plans to get down there for September 22nd.

LTandRaptorider
08-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Ok, back on topic... :p

No website as yet for this track. 5racing I'm sure will be back on here to answer any of your questions. You can pm him also. He sets up the races for the quads. Address I am not sure about, but the track is off Rt 30 in Stoystown. The track is back behind the American Legion. The sign for the Legion is prominent next to the road... At the bottom of that sign is the one for Stoystown Speedway. Anywho... Turn at the sign for the Legion, drive back behind that, and a camp ground and you will find the track. ;)

RIDER11X
08-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Just past where 281N joins Rt 30. If you come by way of the turnpike, get off at Somerset exit, and follow 281N out of town (Signs are right past the interchange) to Rt 30 and get ready to make a quick right.:cool:

x.system
08-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Ok, back on topic... :p

No website as yet for this track. 5racing I'm sure will be back on here to answer any of your questions. You can pm him also. He sets up the races for the quads. Address I am not sure about, but the track is off Rt 30 in Stoystown. The track is back behind the American Legion. The sign for the Legion is prominent next to the road... At the bottom of that sign is the one for Stoystown Speedway. Anywho... Turn at the sign for the Legion, drive back behind that, and a camp ground and you will find the track. ;)

Thanks, I pm'd 5 racing a few days ago about some information, hopefully he gets back to me soon.

We run outlaw class up here, anything in particular I need to know to run down there? 1 heat, 1 main? rolling starts? laps? I think I've got 3 guys to make the trip but still waiting on some details.

5racing
08-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Sorry forthe delay I have just been so busy lately.

We run warm-ups, heats, then a feature, all starts are rolling. Amatuer quad classes use stock suspension duro or stock type tire's. We are limited in what mods weare alowed.

We will run outlaw quad's also if they show. We have some that show from time to time. If you guys plan on coming down make shure to give me a date and I will try to get some of the local outlaw guys to come out that night.

x.system
08-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Sorry forthe delay I have just been so busy lately.

We run warm-ups, heats, then a feature, all starts are rolling. Amatuer quad classes use stock suspension duro or stock type tire's. We are limited in what mods weare alowed.

We will run outlaw quad's also if they show. We have some that show from time to time. If you guys plan on coming down make shure to give me a date and I will try to get some of the local outlaw guys to come out that night.

Sep 22nd is what I'm shooting for, I have another race the 23 in Ohio so it will be a full weekend, you racing the 22nd? Can you give me the rules for outlaw? I want to make sure I am within the rules before hand.

Our last race is Sep 8th so I'm taking some time off and am going to travel around and try to hit a few tracks so any info would be great.

5racing
09-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Outlaw rule's are simple, all quads must run gas, max width 50in and must use racing tire's.

I just bought a banshee setup for outlaw flat track so I will have it there on the 22nd if you guys come out.

The rest of you guys wanting to come out and try the amatuer classes only have a few more week to make it out this season. The last race will be September 29th for the 2006 season.

x.system
09-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Outlaw rule's are simple, all quads must run gas, max width 50in and must use racing tire's.

I just bought a banshee setup for outlaw flat track so I will have it there on the 22nd if you guys come out.

The rest of you guys wanting to come out and try the amatuer classes only have a few more week to make it out this season. The last race will be September 29th for the 2006 season.

I just checked my front and I'm at 51" from sidewall to sidewall, do they measure? I'm still planning on being there, I just have to check with the other guys and see if they are still in.

5racing
09-16-2006, 06:45 AM
x.system are you guys still coming out this coming friday, if so how many will be coming. Im not going to make a big deal about the width as long as its close to 50in.

x.system
09-17-2006, 06:07 AM
x.system are you guys still coming out this coming friday, if so how many will be coming. Im not going to make a big deal about the width as long as its close to 50in.

Looks like just 2 of us now, one R went down. Will there be any others there for the outlaw class? I really don't want to drive all that way if there won't be anyone to run with. We plan on heading out Thursday night so let me know. We're also going to run at another track in Ohio on saturday on our way back.

5racing
09-17-2006, 07:15 AM
I will be there with my outlaw quad. I will try to contact some of the other guys today and let you know how many i can get to come out.

Today we are going to start on layout of the TT course through the infield. I know there was alot of intrest in this so I finally talked the track owner into it.

Only 2 races left for this season.

5racing
09-18-2006, 06:23 PM
All the local outlaw riders are going to Kentuckey for a national this friday so they wont be able to make it out. Sorry xsystem maybe next time.

RayWilt
09-19-2006, 08:45 AM
If you get a tt track set up to race on keep us posted I know i would have a couple guys interested in making the trip out.

5racing
09-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Plans are being put together to submit to the township to get permits to alter the track. It should be ready to go for the first race next season.

Also we plan to change to saturday night shows for the 2007 season for the quads. Karts will run fridays as they do now, we just wont have to deal with them anymore. We will expand classes having amatuer and outlaw classes and also include youth classes.

5racing
10-04-2006, 05:33 PM
We will be riding this sunday october 8th,anyone is welcome.We will be meeting at the Stony Brook Speedway and leaving there at 10AM by trucks to where we will be riding (about 30minutes from the track).There are lots of nice hills and trails where we are going and like i said all are welcome.

LTandRaptorider
10-17-2006, 07:55 PM
We will be riding this sunday october 8th,anyone is welcome.We will be meeting at the Stony Brook Speedway and leaving there at 10AM by trucks to where we will be riding (about 30minutes from the track).There are lots of nice hills and trails where we are going and like i said all are welcome.

Well dang, I just read this now! Shoot me a PM or e-mail for the next ride. :cool:

btw... One of the guys that went to the last race with me said he was told people could ride at Stony Brook on off race days to practice. Only requirement is to sign the waiver they have posted. Is this true? And how late in the year would the track be open to do this?

5racing
10-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Yes you can practice on off days, most guy's go out on sunday afternoon. The track doesnt mind guys praticeing aslong as they sign the waiver and they race at the track.

Im currently working on a new web board for the track www.stonybrookspeedway.com I will have the 2007 schedule and rule's posted there in a couple of days.

Also the TT track has been layed out And should be ready for next season.

Next time we ride i will send you an email

SuzukiTT
11-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Will There Be A Trike Class For 07 Or No?

SuzukiTT
11-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Will There Be A Trike Class For 07 Or No?

jaspurx
06-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Sorry SuzukiTT , we still can`t get trikes in yet , but we are still working on it , it`s just a matter of time now.

We are underway in the `07 season though , and are going strong , so load up the quads and family , and come out to race/watch.
We are getting newcomers every week , and the more come out , the more classes we can run.

Also , we do not run cut-throat racing , everybody with a quad , helmet, and boots or shin guards is welcome.
Last weeks winner starts in the back for the feature to keep it on the fair side. It helps keep the runaway winners working for the win
:eek2:

Also: we are seeking nightly race sponsors to put up prizes/money to make it A bigger draw!