PDA

View Full Version : 300ex no off idle performance

pistonbone
06-19-2005, 10:51 AM
So I picked up this '87 250x with a '95 300ex motor and a bunch of other mods the other day. The guy I got it from wasn't sure of all the mods cause he got it on a trade and I traded him a wheelin rig for it.
So the stuff I was told that was wrong was the rear carrier bearings, needs battery, carb work, clutch is almost shot. Well, the bearings seem fine, the clutch seems great, whoever was in the carb didn't know what they were doing and it was not put together right so we put that thing together right, and changed a battery (the other one was completely dead and wouldn't take a charge), and changed the plug. Also a couple of the head bolts were loose and we tightened them down and checked the rest.
For engine mods that I know of it has a fmf exhaust and possibly a webcam racing cam, but the only reason I say a racing cam is because there is a set of stickers on the front fenders (but we all know that stickers don't mean jack). If there is a cam in it I think it's either 55-571 or 55-581. I do have a Clymer's manual but at this point it's not helping.

It idles great and won't just die out at any point. When I give it gas it bogs out. Either getting too much gas or not enough, it used to spit gas out the back but by playing with the pilot screw I managed to stop that... it's back to stock at 2.25 turns out. I'm not sure what the numbers on the jets are. Any help is appreciated.

2muchquad
06-19-2005, 08:05 PM
that is for your crank case breather tube..on the 250x i think they went to the frame down tubes.the bolts your refering to are for taking the rockers out,they are not cam adjustments.do yourself a favor and get a manual for your bike,the info is priceless;)

hardkoratvmxr
06-19-2005, 08:37 PM
yup crancase breathers and rocker replacements

pistonbone
06-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks.

Bump