PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk off camber hills..

MikeL250X
09-16-2001, 06:22 PM
OK, so I rolled the quad for the first time today, got excited and tried to get up a off camber hill just a bit too fast. I came to a point where the trail merged, and looked right and said, that looks like fun, so I go at it, but when I get 1/2 way up, I realize my intended path was a bit too steep, like almost vertical slate, so I go right a bit, and it's gets real off camber, I think my left front hit something cause I rolled left, and jumped off the quad, luckily it only rolled once and stayed on it's side instead of landing on me, no damage and I didnt' get hurt. I know I leaned into the hill a bit, but I guess I should have really hung my weight into the hill, or just not tried to get up it at all :rolleyes:

Anyway the ride was awesome, it was pretty technical going up and down alot of hills, and there is so much slate around here there are alot of vertical hills, luckily most are about 3-4 ft and can me taken, but I had to work around a couple. I have to say I hate hunting season though, on my way back there was some guy shooting birds in the field right next to the trail, that made me a bit uncomfortable...

Nausty
09-16-2001, 08:05 PM
yeah I had a close one this friday. I was climbing up a strait hill sept at the beginning it is really rutty and technical and right when I got up the steep part I had to slip the clutch on my blaster to keep it from dieing cuz i was going kinda slow and I was just on my back wheels and I couldn't ride down it backwards without it flipping so I ended up climbing the whole hill sept for the technical part on a wheelie. wheww