PDA

View Full Version : security stuff

stoled_400_:(
06-19-2005, 07:46 AM
hey guys, i'm looking to get another 400ex, but seeing as my last one got stolen, i'm a bit paranoid that if i get another one it could happen again. so, what are some security devices that i could use to deter the a holes who took it last time???? i'm basicaly hoping to make a list out of this thread, for example post a product and (if possible) a website of where you could buy it. thanks, guys :D

jak1389
06-19-2005, 08:38 AM
lock it up with some really really strong chains. i mean the ones that have huge links. attach it to something thats not going anywhere and you will be fine. or keep it in ur garage and park your can behind it so its not going to get out unless your car is moved.

Travis712
06-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Shotgun:p and/or blood thursty pit bull, haha.

This.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4556668468&category=43972&sspagename=WDVW

Doesn't look too bad. Goodluck man..

brian-250
06-19-2005, 11:08 AM
125LB doberman pincher and a 12GA is what i use, my 400 has been unlocked witht he keys in it for a bout a month now i keep forgetting aobut it.:o

we normallory put heavy duty cable locks on them and such, good luck.:D

Green95Hoe
06-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Kryptonite Chain and an anchor cast into a concrete sidewalk or sonotube. Of course this only applys if its outside. Its also good if you keep it hard up against a wall and keep the chain as short as possible. That way nobody can get in there. Loop the chain throgh the swingarm and around the axle then through the anchor.

Another option if you have space is for you to find a cheap container or storage trailer. They are usually pretty secure and you can chain like I said before but through the floor. Then get creative and install a car alarm on your container and have a good laugh

A friend of mine bought a shed with no windows and then put an anchor in the floor. In addition to putting his quad in there, he parks an old delapidated plow truck in front of the door and removes a part of the igniton so it cant be started.

troutman561
06-20-2005, 12:31 PM
lol do u live in a ghetto to have to put a plow truck in the way?.. a heavy duty cable/chains and strong locks work fine aslong as its chained to something that doesnt move..and dont keep it in sight

Green95Hoe
06-20-2005, 02:43 PM
He had people in his yard trying to get in during broad daylight while he was home. I would go that extra mile if they pulled that crap on me.

retardedrider
06-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Hey brian thank's for letting me know that .........I'm sure I will be able to trade your 400 for a nice 14 mm socket .........:chinese: