PDA

View Full Version : Is This Normal?

Mad*Ex*Rider
06-19-2005, 12:25 AM
this may seem like a dumb question but i am just a noob in the sport atv world. my '99 Ex gets like 40% of its top speed in fifth gear, when i pin it in fifth it just goes faster and faster till the front end starts to feel realy light. must have been going at least 60. just looking for some reassuring feedback.

thanks

DeerNuts
06-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Mad*Ex*Rider
this may seem like a dumb question but i am just a noob in the sport atv world. my '99 Ex gets like 40% of its top speed in fifth gear, when i pin it in fifth it just goes faster and faster till the front end starts to feel realy light. must have been going at least 60. just looking for some reassuring feedback.

thanks

ya its normal. if its your first time on the bike it seems very fast, i know. it does top out around 64 or so, but the number's very debatable around here:rolleyes: top speed will of course depend on how you have it geared. you can make it go 80 if you want, i suppose. but, yes, when you pin it in 5th it does seems to pick up speed quite a bit. that's just the way its geared.

BuB400
06-19-2005, 07:55 PM
huh?