PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems! HELP!

muddy400EX
06-18-2005, 11:43 PM
alright, back when i first got my wheeler i could start it in nuetral without the clutch being pulled and i could start it in any gear with the clutch pulled in. awhile back it started to not start in gear anymore. then a few weeks ago i was out riding and it wouldnt start in nuetral without the clutch pulled in. then the same day it just wouldnt start at all. i messed with the battery a bit and i guess the screws just had a bad connection cuz it started right up after i tightened them, but still wouldnt start in gear. and now its messin up again, the lights would work but pressing the start button wouldnt do anything. it finally started but i know its gonna do it agian eventually. its like something is goin out slowly as i ride it more, any ideas?

tsssdsss
06-19-2005, 08:07 AM
check ALL your grounds and then check them again.

muddy400EX
06-20-2005, 09:06 PM
i cleaned the battery connections with battery cleaner and it will start in nuetral, but it still will not start in gear. any know what it could be?

quad2xtreme
06-21-2005, 07:08 AM
It is one of two switches. Either the switch located off your clutch or the switch located down by the shift lever. This is the neutral switch.

/Jon

muddy400EX
06-22-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
It is one of two switches. Either the switch located off your clutch or the switch located down by the shift lever. This is the neutral switch.

/Jon

the nuetral wire by the shifter was still in and i cleaned it off but it still wont start in gear and it still wont start in nuetral every few times.:confused: i dont know what to do, this really sucks:(